Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transmission - P2P Torrent

Default Transmission - P2P Torrent
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I know the iPhone's great and all, but a torrent app?! O.O ....wouldn't this be the king of battery suckers? -not to mention space problems- ...I guess if somebody has the 16gb or 32gb models of the iPhone/iTouch, this's a great app, but for the rest of us.... no space X_X. ...gotta say though, i'm gonna be installing it. ...What's the easiest way to get .torrent files of a site if you have firware 1.1.4?

How do you ssh it into your iPod touch? I mean, I can get it in there, but I have no idea where to put it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, this is frickin awesome, can't wait to see one with a GUI. People may say what is the point but I look at it as away to hide my identity when downloading torrents because more then likely if you are downloading a torrent it is of something illegal and we all know that.

I just torrented a full music album with this and it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunio View Post
    How do you ssh it into your iPod touch? I mean, I can get it in there, but I have no idea where to put it.
    Because there is no GUI, you need to use a mobile terminal application. Just type the executable path of transmissioncli followed by the path of your torrent file.

there is a GUI one. It's called torrentula. Been out for a while

http://wickedpsyched.net/iphone/torrent
    this link doesn't work please please would someone be kind and gave me another link