Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 5-Icon Rows on Springboard!!
01-14-2009, 12:09 AM #1
5-Icon Rows on Springboard!!
Here is the original thread about it on MacThemes.
- No longer depends on Ruby. You can save 7MB of disk space by installing this version.
- Quicker uninstalls.
- While no toggle exists yet, the uninstall code will eventually be reused in an SBSettings toggle (or something similar).
HAVEN'T INSTALLED YET?
- You will need MobileSubstrate (comes installed with WinterBoard) and Erica Utilities for this to install.
- Download the 0.55 deb file.
- Upload it to your iPhone/iPod via SFTP/SCP.
- Log in as root via SSH and change to the directory containing the deb file.
- Run dpkg -i fcsb-0.55.deb
As usual, no uninstall is required to upgrade. Just use the same steps as installing and it will work flawlessly.
The uninstall script is a C++ version of the one seen in 0.52-0.54. I strongly suggest you uninstall it once after upgrading to test and see if there are any issues with the new script. (There aren't supposed to.)
- A way of toggling between 4/5 columns
- (Maybe) fixing some minor visual glitches
WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT?!
Sometime in the next two weeks, probably. Hoping for within the next week if possible."
Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 01-14-2009 at 01:29 AM.iLive an iLife
01-14-2009, 11:15 AM #2
Carnt w8, iv been looking for this
01-14-2009, 11:38 AM #3
I have been using it the last couple of days and LOVE it. I am using the Casion theme so that the icons are not all crunched together.
01-14-2009, 11:40 AM #4
Just tried this out. Works like a charm. Make sure you put the file in /var/mobile.
Once installed, the package will show up in Cydia as an installed package and can be uninstalled from there. I would recommend testing the install/uninstall process to make sure you have no issues. I installed, and then uninstalled and re-installed all without a hitch. And what's even better- is I have 5 extra MB of memory as shown in SBSettings when I run five columns!
If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.
01-18-2009, 05:07 PM #5
I'm confused. I read the post and thought it wasn't released yet, but it has install instructions? Is it out yet?
and if it is...
I've installed the 2 programs via Cydia but where do I get the "0.55 deb file" to SSH to my phone.
01-18-2009, 05:21 PM #6
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Chaos For This Useful Post:
Nick Z (01-18-2009)
01-19-2009, 08:52 AM #7
I thought he said for no one to post this until its 100% ready for a wide release. smh.
WARNING TO THE "MEDIA"
Normally when I post something new here, it appears on ModMyi and iPod Touch Fans within a couple hours. I would ask people from those sites to avoid posting about this. This is unfinished software, you can get a big headline story when it's done crashing devices. That way, response is more positive and I get less angry emails from 11-year-olds who can't read.
01-19-2009, 10:10 AM #8
Works pretty good. But seems to use up 6-12mb of available system memory on my phone. I'm used to having between 33-38mb. Now I'm having 25-29mb. Still cool. Haven't started crashing anything just yet.
01-19-2009, 10:30 AM #9
Last edited by JAG2621; 01-19-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged DoublepostIf anything was usefull a thanks would be great!
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM #10
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM #11
01-19-2009, 09:37 PM #12
Uploaded the deb file to var/mobile. can't figure what to do from there. I don't understand that directions.
01-20-2009, 02:00 AM #13
But if your still wanting to try then here is a simple instruction
1) make sure you install MOBILE TERMINAL from cydia
2) place the file fcsb-0.55.deb in the var/root directory
3) launch MOBILE TERMINAL and type: login root
4) it will ask for the password with should be: alpine
5) type command: dir (this is just to make sure your in the right place... if you are you should see the file fcsb-0.55.deb... if you dont see it, then you didnt place it in the root directory like I instructed)
6) type the command: dpkg -i fcsb-0.55.deb
7) respring and walla! you have 5 icon rows
hope this works for you. To uninstall, just use cydia, it should be in the installed packages.
Last edited by reznor9; 01-20-2009 at 02:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:
Nick Z (01-20-2009)
01-20-2009, 08:53 PM #14
01-21-2009, 11:12 AM #15
01-21-2009, 12:15 PM #16
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM #17
01-21-2009, 04:27 PM #18
isnt there a FCSB app in cydia to get the 5 icon springboard
01-21-2009, 05:09 PM #19
I was wondering when something like this would come out. it works like a charm. Now I can have more of the most important icons in the first screen for less scrolling. It also marches the 5 icon dock. Great work!
01-21-2009, 07:54 PM #20