Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stumbler - a Wireless Stubmler for the iPhone

Talking Stumbler - a Wireless Stubmler for the iPhone
    A new release from the iphone-wireless team, Stumbler lets you view the wireless networks in your area. While right now Stumbler only handles 802.11 networks, soon you should see Bluetooth and GSM capabilities as well.

Stumbler is still in a early Alpha stage, but it is fully functional, and pretty stable.

Download here: http://iphone-wireless.googlecode.co...1189413695.zip

Please feel free to leave any comments, suggestions, bugs, or the like on the iphone-wireless site at http://iphone-wireless.googlecode.com - I check the forums, but it is easier to use the google code projects tools.

Looks good so far, but I want the ability to see who is connected to the network you are on.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

awesomejob!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timliora View Post
    Integrated WEP cracking would kick @$$
    Not to be a spoilsport or anything, but the site owners will get pissed if you talk about WEP cracking or related stuff...it obviously presents a legal liability and is not really legal (at all) so it kinda makes sense.

Great work on the app...love it!
    Thanks
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yup we are pissed. First things first, NEVER TALK ABOUT THAT TYPE OF HACKING NOR REQUEST IT. Consider this your first and only warning, after that you will have a weak break from here to think about it, then you will be banned.

This is a great app and unfortunately due to the nature this is going I have to close it.

@Lokkju - PM me if u want this re-opened.

++UPDATE++

It seems some members cannot understand the difference between hacking an iPhone and hacking a WEP secured wireless network. So here it goes:

Hacking an iphone at this time only voids the warranty of the phone itself.

Hacking a secured wireless network that you do not own is illegal plain and simple. You are stealing other homeowners/business/etc... bandwidth and in theory could compromise their network. I know a lot of people are not looking at it this way but it is what it is. If further talks about WEP cracking continue in this thread I will delete it instead of closing it next time. If youreally want to know how to do it, google it, there are plenty of sites out there that will tell you how, but MMi is not going to be one of them.

On a lighter side, great app.
    Last edited by .:MirrorminD:.; 09-11-2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's this kinda useless without auto rescaning?