Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone modem app

Default iphone modem app
    you can install it from cydia through an app or buy it on iphonemodem.com, for $9.99.
    ive been looking for a way to use the internet connection from my iphone on my new mac and this seems to be what im looking for, but im not sure if it works.
    just wondering if anyone has tried it out and had it work like its suppost to.

thanks

Just use PDAnet

i would be able to connect to my internet connection on my iphone on from my macbook?

Yes, you can tether your iphone to your macbook (use your iphone's internet to go on the internet on your macbook).

iphonemodem seems a bit better on data protection, but pdanet is definitely simpler to use. it's really up to you which one is better for you. i don't tether very often, i have used them both (free versions) and because i am not paranoid about my data, i would go for pdanet. but i think you need to know pros and cons of both
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unfortunately PDANet costs more for the full version ($30), free version only allows browser traffic (earlies versions were completely free, an update unknowingly screwed us) so I'm definately exploring options. Buyer beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Unfortunately PDANet costs more for the full version ($30), free version only allows browser traffic (earlies versions were completely free, an update unknowingly screwed us) so I'm definately exploring options. Buyer beware!!
    The old free version of PDAnet is still somewhere in the MMI repo, you need to install the .deb yourself though (there is a thread on this, I think I had a post on it). If you do that, you can still run PDAnet for free (you need to uninstall the update first).

BTW, $30 is a ridiculous price
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

what do you guys think about using terminal and 3tiny proxy to tether
    btw,ive been using is for while, nothing is happen
    pdanet or iphonemordem is pretty ridiculous :d i thought so

Quote Originally Posted by name00 View Post
    what do you guys think about using terminal and 3tiny proxy to tether
    btw,ive been using is for while, nothing is happen
    pdanet or iphonemordem is pretty ridiculous :d i thought so
    tinyproxy should work fine. i almost never need to tether, so i haven't tried it (although it's installed on my machine), but even though tinyproxy is a bit more involved than any other tethering method, there is no reason why it shouldn't work
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need help with iphonemodem, I'm stuck on the waiting for iPhone for the status.

What am I doing wrong??

i tether all the time bc of the dorm i live in, and not wanting to pay for internet, like right now im posting using my macbook which is tethered to the iphone, i have tried all three things you guys are talking about, iphonemodem use to be great, but there new update i dont like so i dont use it, pdanet is wonderful but im not paying for that either, so what i use on a day to day basis is itunnel.exe, i then run a .bat file which sets up the ssh connection and open ssh on the iphone.... i use to use iphonesuite but kinda just tore everything apart to make it work for me... there are plenty of guides online, like at alk2blog or something like that and 3g mods i think its called...

could it work on an ipod touch??