Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 263

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iDope(0.1): dopewars for iphone IS OUT!

  1. #41
    First off, great app! I never played this game before, but after a couple minutes of messing around I figured it out and learned to like it.

    I was wondering if you could bless us with a quick update that doesn't crash after 3 days. [some times it goes to like 5 days]. I don't mind if it doesn't save your cash, I'd just like something I can play for longer than 5 minutes. =)

    Thank you for the hard work you put into this app. If you need any help with design, let me know. I don't know coding, but I can do some stuff with Photoshop. [Not that what you have is bad, as a matter of fact, it looks great.]

  2. #42
    This is awesome LOL, bookmarked!! Waiting for the installer before i try it!

  3. #43
    Hi guys, first of all thanks for all your support!

    I would like to update everyone on what's happening at the moment, I am changing portions of the code again as there's simply too many memory leaks for the moment. And the "airplane landing" sound will be removed until everything is stable.

    For 1.1.2 and below users, attached here is a temporary fix (this iDope does not save any settings therefore would not ask for your name). This fix also enables highlighting of locations that u selected, makes it clearer on which location you selected.

    Download : http://rapidshare.com/files/97193621/idopefix.zip.html (placed it on rapidshare, couldn't upload to here so..)

    As for now, I am stuck with college assignments, so hope you guys bear with me. iDope will be ready as soon as I have some free time.

    OK! I know you guys are impatiently waiting for a stable version, so I decided to release version 0.2 early.

    This version is known to be non-crashing, but of course I need you guys to test it out for sure. However please note that the score, bank, visit loan shark functions are not done yet,so accessing these areas will eventually crash the app.

    Another interesting thing in this version is that your game data is automatically saved, works for 1.1.2 and below too. It works like magic ^^

    Download : http://rapidshare.com/files/97343942/iDope.app.rar.html
    Last edited by wahkiz; 03-05-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to wahkiz For This Useful Post:

    charlieMonroe (03-13-2008)

  5. #44
    yeeahss.. High 5.. Veddy nice! /Borat

    *edit*
    It just crashed on me when I was buying a lot of coke. Not sure if there's a limit or something.

    *edit 2*
    I just found a glitch. I'm in Central Park, and the LSD was free.. and then it went back to $31
    Last edited by skb875; 03-05-2008 at 04:36 PM.

  6. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Hi guys, first of all thanks for all your support!

    I would like to update everyone on what's happening at the moment, I am changing portions of the code again as there's simply too many memory leaks for the moment. And the "airplane landing" sound will be removed until everything is stable.

    For 1.1.2 and below users, attached here is a temporary fix (this iDope does not save any settings therefore would not ask for your name). This fix also enables highlighting of locations that u selected, makes it clearer on which location you selected.

    Download : http://rapidshare.com/files/97193621/idopefix.zip.html (placed it on rapidshare, couldn't upload to here so..)

    As for now, I am stuck with college assignments, so hope you guys bear with me. iDope will be ready as soon as I have some free time.

    OK! I know you guys are impatiently waiting for a stable version, so I decided to release version 0.2 early.

    This version is known to be non-crashing, but of course I need you guys to test it out for sure. However please note that the score, bank, visit loan shark functions are not done yet,so accessing these areas will eventually crash the app.

    Another interesting thing in this version is that your game data is automatically saved, works for 1.1.2 and below too. It works like magic ^^

    Download : http://rapidshare.com/files/97343942/iDope.app.rar.html
    how come it crashes after about 20 seconds?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to gameviper For This Useful Post:

    drummindrummer (03-11-2008)

  8. #46
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    bump for installer version, whens that gonna get added? even a buggy version??

  9. #47
    Hey guys can u plz explain hot 2 get this on my iphone i hve no idea???

    hey i love this game but i hve no clue hot 2 install it if some1 can plz tell me how itll b greatly appreciated?!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by lor443; 03-05-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    bump for installer version, whens that gonna get added? even a buggy version??
    Have you heard of doing something manually?

  11. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts

    This program is Dope!!! I remember when it was strictly all text. This game crashed on me when I went to the loansharks mansion. Also a glitch is it doesn't show my cash when I am purchasing anything. I can't figure out how much cash i have at all throughout the game other than the first time i buy.
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

  12. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    glitch. I'm in Central Park, and the LSD was free.. and then it went back to $31
    yea i noticed that 2, was pretty sweet



    Also a save function or auto save for 1.1.3 or higher would be sweet....
    Last edited by harryding; 03-05-2008 at 08:28 PM.

  13. #51
    i installed it using independence on 1.1.4 nd it just crashes after 20 seconds can any1 help????

  14. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Hi guys,

    Once the game is stable enough, it will be on installer. For now the game crashes too often, making it unplayable. Hope you guys are patient enough =)

    EDIT :
    The game save file (idope.txt) is saved in "/var/mobile/Media" which can be a problem to users below 1.1.3, the next version will detect if you are running 1.1.3 above or below and save in the appropriate locations. sry for the problem.
    That's why... ! Thanks wahkiz. Will wait for the next one cuz I am running 1.1.1.

  15. #53
    Simple suggestion, add another wheel to the sell/buy feature. I would quickly accumulate over 999 of a certain item and was stuck selling over and over again until my inventory was gone.

  16. #54
    @J-Sauce: dopewars limits how much items you can carry, so for the meanwhile iDope does not implement such limits. In the future however you are limited to only around 70 per crew member you have.

    @everyone
    I am thinking of bringing in another developer on this project, since this game has probably gotten bigger than I could debug, and since I am still new to objC, I am in serious need of experienced iphone programmers to help me stablize this app.

    If there is anyone willing to volunteer I would really appreciate it alot.

  17. #55
    bugs i noticed:
    1. prices fluctuate way to eratically making high gain inevetable
    2. app crashes when i click to go pay off loan shark
    3. went from $5000 to $65,000 in 2 days...something isnt right

    Things the app needs to improve on:
    1. buy/sell unit amount is poorly implemented - values need to be limited to cash on hand. It would also be useful to see: price per unit X # units selected = total cost.
    - Scroll wheels for the # of units to buy/sell are completely unnecessary and take up most of the screen. If they HAVE to be used, it would be nice to at least see them like you would see date/time select for alarm and calender apps.

    I keep trying to pay off the loan shark within the first couple of days so i havent had a chance to get too far in the game, but keep up the good work, Its a decent start.

  18. #56
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston mASSachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    man i cant wait for a good working version of this so i can get it on installer! maybe you could incorperate a bit of the gang wars and pimp wars stuff where you can recruit gang members to your crew with crack...sounds fun
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

    RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

  19. #57
    Nice stuff,

    thanks a lot!
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

  20. #58
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Have you heard of doing something manually?
    yes, however, i find its lot better to use installer, everything works better, all setting adjusted properly, doesn't require me to use any other apps on the PC nor have a computer with wifi to use or have my phone plugged in. I can do it on the go from any where.

    Manually installing something is like the days of manually modding/hacking iphones, yes its possible but why deal with it when there is a 1-touch apps that does the job for us. sure someppl who are tech savvy can install **** themself all day like if they like, other's just don't need to worry/deal with it.

  21. #59
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    YES! YES! THANK YOU! Sorry for caps, but I will be burning my battery down to zip with this little addition.

  22. #60
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Has anyone noticed the rather unpleasant side effect that this program re-writes your celestial.plist?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •