Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE: iSwitcher v0.87

Exclamation RELEASE: iSwitcher v0.87
    I am pleased to announce the release of iSwitcher v0.87. You can download it from THIS LINK

What's new?

* Photo gallery like sliding previews
    * Improved program startup (you may not think so but its important for future updates)
    * Will install a LockBackground.jpg if one is present in the theme folder - very nice for SummerBoard users so the theme can preload their matching background.
    * Theme names are displayed so they are easier to read.
    * Scroll indicator for visual display of the number of themes (hard to see but its there, along the bottom of the screen).
    * Fully contained app - no need for the user to mess with installing and chmod-ing unix files. If the required files are not present, iSwitcher will do it for you (only available when installing pxl package through Breezy or iBrickr, if you manually install and forget a step, it's not my fault).

Please discuss in the 'discussion forum' - thanks!

Please also download the How To and Manual Install guides, you know you'll want them.

As usual it comes with 5 themes:
    stPrado (has matching background)
    dkMatrix (has matching background)
    cgOEM
    cgGunMetal2
    cgGunMetal4

Previous v0.6x and higher themes WILL WORK JUST FINE with this new release. If you want to add a LockBackground.jpg image, simply copy it into your .thm folder and iSwitcher will do the rest.

Stop reading here....

Detail for those that care;
    q. So what do I do when I release one of these updates?
    a. I create the pxl package and check it over. Then I completely remove my working copy of iSwitcher and all my themes. I also remove a couple of the critical unix command utilities to test all the functionality. Once I resolve any problems, I repackage and test it again. For final testing I remove everything again and perform one final install.

q. What happens to other versions? The last one I saw was 0.81? Why is this one 0.87?
    a. To ensure good control over the code I revise and test each iteration or version. Usually it's not enough to release an update, that's why you'll see several changes / updates included when I do release the update. Hmm seems I'm stuck on odd numbers... what's up with that?
    White 3G

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

SundayDuffer (09-08-2007)