Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 Summerboard Help

Default 1.1.4 Summerboard Help
    I have a jailbroken (not unlocked) 1.1.4 iphone. I know about the new patch for summerboard, but I need to uninstall it first, but Summerboard cannot uninstall on 1.1.4. Anybody?

Have you tried using WinSCP (Windows) or Cyberduck (Mac) to get into the phone and delete it there?

Summerboard puts stuff everywhere though, not that easy. May replace some stuff too.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

ksong its best to restore to 1.1.4 before the jailbreak so that you have no problems uninstalling things. but there is a solution for this.

1. go to /system/library/coreservices and copy the systemversion.plist file to your computer. (if you have winscp you can directly modify this file so yo wont need to copy it to your computer)

2. using word pad change the 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 and replace your old systemversion.pist with the new modified one.

3. open installer and uninstall.

4. this works for mostly every other app you are having trouble uninstalling or installing, so when your done change the plist back to 1.1.4

hit thanks if this helps

I know, I'm not the one on 1.1.4

But I didn't realize it was because summerboard runs a preflight as well as a preinstall script to check for 1.1.3. He didn't say that it said it was because of the version, sorry!
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Summerboard v3.1-2 is in Installer. It's supposed to work with 1.1.4. You'll still need to run "Smb Themes Fix" under Tweaks (1.1.3) after installing a theme.