+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FontSwap change your fonts

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Saw this in installer and wanted to share it with you folks that might have missed it. It is on the iPod Touch Fans source touchrepo.com/repo.xml . You can change
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

Default FontSwap change your fonts
    Saw this in installer and wanted to share it with you folks that might have missed it. It is on the iPod Touch Fans source touchrepo.com/repo.xml . You can change the fonts for the Lock Clock, Notes font and System fonts. I tried it on 1.1.3 with no problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FontSwap change your fonts-snap_113434.png  
    Last edited by iBlade; 03-02-2008 at 05:24 AM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

40_ounce (09-04-2008), bbailes1631 (05-07-2008), civicmann (05-06-2008), izzyb97 (04-30-2008), mx708 (05-30-2008), nhba74 (03-12-2008), snowdriive23 (03-27-2008), SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

iPhoned Home
    Thanks

Just tried this on a ziphone 2.4 jb 1.1.4 phone and it works.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Saw this in installer and wanted to share it with you folks that might have missed it. It is on the iPod Touch Fans source touchrepo.com/repo.xml . You can change the fonts for the Lock Clock, Notes font and System fonts. I tried it on 1.1.3 with no problems.
    I have gots to know if that is the name of that font at the title of the note.... THAT IS BY FAR THE SEXXIEST FONT EVER.... ITS ALMOST JUST LIKE MY HANDWRITING..!! *=
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trent J.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, this is cool.

Thanks so much to the developer(s)!
    Last edited by Trent J.; 03-02-2008 at 08:40 AM.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

Thanks

Just wanted to give a fair warning to all ... installed this .. changed fonts a few times worked great ... went to change it back to the original font ..... bam .. now i get non stop loop when booting.. thanks ... there goes months and months of custom apps and icons >.... guess now i have a reason to goto 1.1.4.....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brokentwice For This Useful Post:

mx708 (05-30-2008), SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    I have gots to know if that is the name of that font at the title of the note.... THAT IS BY FAR THE SEXXIEST FONT EVER.... ITS ALMOST JUST LIKE MY HANDWRITING..!! *=
    I know that font is really nice, it's called Zapfino last one in the list. Only thing in notes it's better to keep a line empty otherwise it get's a little difficult to read. But I love it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default duh
    it works great
    Last edited by monroe0605; 03-02-2008 at 09:24 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monroe0605 For This Useful Post:

nvedbiev1 (03-17-2008), SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This will be really cool when the developer implements the code to allow user-added custom fonts.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to likwidfuzion For This Useful Post:

SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have not tried this, but does this able to change the size of the fonts also ?

I would prefer to reduce the size of the font on the iphone as what I have done to Notes.app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FontSwap change your fonts-notes.png  

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hagenuk For This Useful Post:

SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

Thanks

No unfortunally you can not reduce the font size. I hope the author of the app will implement this in a future release. Maybe it's possible reduce it manually with the ttf font file. I will try it and post the result here.
    Last edited by iBlade; 03-02-2008 at 11:01 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

love this app! looking forward to seeing where it goes...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

20. The Following User Says Thank You to billchase2 For This Useful Post:

SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    could any tell me how to add more fonts to the fontswap.app

22. The Following User Says Thank You to saleh316 For This Useful Post:

SUSHILA (07-05-2008)

Thanks

Well in the new version it says not to add more fonts manually, as it may crash the phone. So if you do it be careful. I am sure the author will implement this in a future release.

Developer
    Thanks

Hello! This is my first post on this forum. Yes, FontSwap is mine, as well as the TouchRepo you linked to earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    Just wanted to give a fair warning to all ... installed this .. changed fonts a few times worked great ... went to change it back to the original font ..... bam .. now i get non stop loop when booting.. thanks ... there goes months and months of custom apps and icons >.... guess now i have a reason to goto 1.1.4.....
    I'm curious how this happened. Out of all the downloaders, this is the first time I've heard of this happening through the app. I know that if you add in a font yourself without defining it in you font cache file, then you will get a spinning wheel of death.

I'd like to know your exact steps leading up to this, if you don't mind. Then I can try to duplicate the error.

The good thing about when errors like this occur they are fixable. In this case, the iPhone doesn't lose WiFi, so you can go in and fix the changes in /System/Library/Fonts/CGFontCache.plist. Usually replacing everything in the "trait mappings" key with everything that is in the /Applications/FontSwap.app/files/traitMapDefs.plist's "trait mappings" key will fix any problem. You may need to reboot after saving the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by saleh316 View Post
    could any tell me how to add more fonts to the fontswap.app
    Don't add in more fonts yet. Some work, some, for a seemingly random reason cause a spinning wheel of death. Pulling fonts from my mac, I couldn't find any common denominators.

Then there are the fonts that work some places, but not all. Like Comic Sans MS. It will work in notes andon the lock screen, but if you set it as your system font, it will cause the Spinning Wheel of Death.
    Last edited by SkylarEC; 03-02-2008 at 04:46 PM.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SkylarEC For This Useful Post:

Dizz (12-03-2008), finn45202 (05-27-2008), iBlade (03-02-2008), pituso (08-11-2008), rrsodl (04-16-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

so is comic sans the only one that will cause the spinning wheel of death when you make it the system fonts or are there others? Basically what should we not change for now?

:edit: i see that comic sans is not on there, so are the fonts on there all safe to change around without any wheels of death?
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 03-02-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Hi SkylarEC,
    First of thank you for this app. I hope you don't mind, me starting this post. I hope you will develop this app further. I noticed that some fonts are displayed to big, is there a way to fix this? Is it possible to reduce the size of the ttf font file. I do have two phones one running 1.1.1 and the other 1.1.3. If you need any help in testing different fonts, I will be glad to help. Thanks again.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

mf9120 (05-29-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default bam! spinning wheel of death for me too
    hi guys, really bummed out at the moment, installed the fonts app and it looked nice, i changed my system fonts twice and then selected the default option in the top right hand corner to put them back and bam, my beloved iphone is now giving me spinng wheel all the time, really gutted, have it since november and had it set up lovely. I was running 1.1.1 i think twas produced in week 37. tring to connect to itunes now to restore but itunes says an error occurred (5) your iphone could not be restored, anyone have any ideas?

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    so is comic sans the only one that will cause the spinning wheel of death when you make it the system fonts or are there others? Basically what should we not change for now?

:edit: i see that comic sans is not on there, so are the fonts on there all safe to change around without any wheels of death?
    No, Comic Sans is one of the fonts I was testing for the "Add A Font" feature. I am thinking of pulling from different lists for System and Notes, since notes seems to be capable of reading all fonts. And the worst thing that will happen is that notes will refuse to start until you resetthe font.

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Hi SkylarEC,
    First of thank you for this app. I hope you don't mind, me starting this post. I hope you will develop this app further. I noticed that some fonts are displayed to big, is there a way to fix this? Is it possible to reduce the size of the ttf font file. I do have two phones one running 1.1.1 and the other 1.1.3. If you need any help in testing different fonts, I will be glad to help. Thanks again.
    Font sizes are set (explicitely, or otherwise) by the application calling them, so there's nothing I can do to change their size. Although, I can change the size that they appear to be in the preview box. That way you can see all of Zapfino, or any other large fonts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by philbee View Post
    hi guys, really bummed out at the moment, installed the fonts app and it looked nice, i changed my system fonts twice and then selected the default option in the top right hand corner to put them back and bam, my beloved iphone is now giving me spinng wheel all the time, really gutted, have it since november and had it set up lovely. I was running 1.1.1 i think twas produced in week 37. tring to connect to itunes now to restore but itunes says an error occurred (5) your iphone could not be restored, anyone have any ideas?
    I outlined a fix for that on the previous page. You do not need to restore. I'm curious though, because try as I might, I can't get my iPhone to get the same error.
    Last edited by SkylarEC; 03-02-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for quick reply, will give it a go now, dunno how i missed your fix, will let you know how i get on.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkylarEC View Post
    No, Comic Sans is one of the fonts I was testing for the "Add A Font" feature. I am thinking of pulling from different lists for System and Notes, since notes seems to be capable of reading all fonts. And the worst thing that will happen is that notes will refuse to start until you resetthe font.
    Oh ok cool, im trying it out now, great app, keep up the great work
    iLive an iLife

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast