Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FontSwap change your fonts

apparently this little app's been making iPhones screwey. i havent heard any bad reports from touch users though...it works amazingly for me.

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can't get FontSwap to work...
    Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I just installed fontswap on my 1.1.4 manually. At first it did not change the fonts, what I did was give it 4777 permission with winscp and after that it worked great. This is the same as doing this:
    setuid
    /bin/chmod +s /Applications/FontSwap.app/FontSwap

only from winscp without going through terminal. Hope this helps.
    I tried changing the folder and app permissions to 4777. Do I need to change all the files to that?

edit- changed all the files in the folder to 4777. Still won't work. Any idea?
    Last edited by Andis Jackson; 06-18-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: tried something else

can i add more fonts??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anybody try n ssh this onto their 2.0 3G? Or did the file locations change?

it doesn't work that way... basically everything changes with OS 2.0, I can't think of any app that instantly worked on 2.0 there are so many syntax changes alone that its just not possible.

There is already a manual solution with a lot of fonts on mactheme. But a app to do this automaticaly will eb great

This app seriously sucks. Changed my unlock font once then I got the spinning wheel of death.. does anyone know how to fix it? I worked too hard to loose it all... :'(

add this source to installer ....repo.sc/jeremy ...go to utilities...and install from there...it worked perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTEEL1 View Post
    add this source to installer ....repo.sc/jeremy ...go to utilities...and install from there...it worked perfect for me.
    didnt work for me.. just got swamped with bad url messages in Installer.

Also, that url points to someones profile on a forum.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just discovered this back in Cydia. Downloaded and am using. So far, so good. Nice to have an easy way to change fonts for those of using PCs who can't convert the .plist files.

yea i tried installing it from cydia and the app wont open i just keep getting this.

Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks

FW v2.2 2G Phone here and loving it. My only suggestion is a preview option for the font you'd like before choosing it (if it hasn't been suggested already).

I have a question. I have already changed the lockclock font, will this have any affect if I decide to change it, and then go back to default?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_lock View Post
    FW v2.2 2G Phone here and loving it. My only suggestion is a preview option for the font you'd like before choosing it (if it hasn't been suggested already).
    That would be nice. I ended up going online to Download fonts from classic to cool - Linotype.com searched for and previewed the available swapfont choices, and then applied to the iphone. Using Myriad Pro.

On a reboot, my phone was slow to respond, but finally kicked into gear.

Previews would be nice. Being able to add more fonts would be nice, too.

Otherwise, the app worked great as-is on my 3g 2.2.

color options would be amazing! mainly for sms

works great on my 2G 2.1. preview option would be a bonus, as would a way to enlarge fonts. the calibri font is lovely, but springboard icon labels are a wee bit small.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiCkStOuCh View Post
    color options would be amazing! mainly for sms
    You can change font colors with Winterboard.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Included Calibri font does not contain valid Cyrillic characters. If you compare inluded font to the one in, let's say, MS Office, you can clearly see that. It actually looks like it was made of original Helvetica font by replacing original glyphs with those from Calibri and only Latin glyphs were replaced.

Could you fix this thing, please?

Just found out that no italic and italic bold version for Calibri and other alternative fonts included. This makes interface look inconsistent. Should be fixed.
    Last edited by asmodeus_dhoine; 12-04-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

It's certainly a great start! I love having this option...just one more reason to JB!

Hopefully new fonts can / will be added. I use WB to change the color, but it would nice to have that feature in this cool little app. I'd even donate $2 or so if was more complete with more fonts / colors / size, etc...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast