Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bitesms/intelliscreen(Quickview)

Default Bitesms/intelliscreen(Quickview)
    I just discovered Bitesms which is also a great app..
    But even if I use Bitesms as my standart sms view, intelliscreen still uses the "normal" text app...
    So when I use Quickview on intelliscreen and then "launch sms", it doesn't open Bitesms but the "normal" Text app from Apple...
    Is this normal or a bug?
    Greetz from Luxemburg

yeah i had this issue with irealsms as well. im eventually going to do a full restore to see if that fixes anything. im not afraid to restore so ill let you know when i do unless someone else has a better solution.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

That would be nice, because I have so many apps now that I would prefer not to restore ;-)

But in my case, if I do'nt use intelliscreen, it goes straigth to bitesms when I push "reply"..I only have the problem with the Quickview...

You too? Only with Quickview?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

mysms has an option to disable the default app so going to the default text app opens mysms. DO they not have something like this?
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

I use intelliscreen and irealSMS. There is an option in irealsms that makes it the default sms app. But there are a few problems with in intelliscreen and irealsms working together. One is that I like intelliscreen sms alert. If you have a new sms it shows a icon and makes a sound for what ever length of time you set it for. But it doesn't work if irealsms is default app. irealsms does have a missed sms icon but there is no sound which sucks. There are a few other problems. I don't think intelliscreen can read when irealsms is the default sms app. Maybe there are strings that can be changed to make them work together.

Yeah..I think with Bitesms and intelliscreen it is the same kind of problem

this issue affects every 3rd party SMS app

and it's mainly IS's fault

it doesn't matter if you have your 3rd party sms app set as the default, IS' Quick View "Launch SMS" option will always tell it to open sms.app (original sms app) rather than what ever you have set as your default SMS app

so until they make Quick View compatible with other SMS apps, we're all SOL

of course, if they subscribed to mobile substrate, the program would automatically detect that you use a different SMS app and open the correct app you have set as default

booooo

i use IS with bitesms btw

also for you bitesms users, having IS running ALSO disables your ability to start a text message from the contact app, the recent calls app and the voicemail app

they all open the original sms app

disable IS and that issue gets fixed

Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    also for you bitesms users, having IS running ALSO disables your ability to start a text message from the contact app, the recent calls app and the voicemail app

they all open the original sms app

disable IS and that issue gets fixed
    No, I cannot confirm this!
    I have IS working,but when I go in contacts or recent calls and from there i use textmessage, bitesms opens and not the original app...
    The only problem I have between IS and bitesms is with Quickview...

^^^^im already working with the devs over at Intelliscreen to see if they will either mod this feature or allow me to do it for them (its against the terms so i have to ask) it will pull the new sms from irealsms because its all texts are located in the same database (not too sure with bite though since its on thier server) all that needs to be fixed is the new message feature and ireal launching when replying instead of the default app. ill keep you updated

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

Rey79 (12-12-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny30 View Post
    No, I cannot confirm this!
    I have IS working,but when I go in contacts or recent calls and from there i use textmessage, bitesms opens and not the original app...
    The only problem I have between IS and bitesms is with Quickview...
    what version of intelliscreen are you using? the latest one?

i was not granted the right to modify this but they will look into it. just keeping everyone updated

i use IS to launch bitesms.

HERES WHAT I DID:

1) in the /Applications folder, i opened Info.plist in the MobileSMS.app folder
    2) i then changed the BundleIdentifier string from com.apple.MobileSMS to anything
    3) i then opened the Info.plist in the biteSMS.app folder
    4) i changed the BundleIdentifier to com.apple.MobileSMS
    5) restart and voila
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hey mbrooks, would you care to post your two info.plist files? I tried what you said but its not working. Many thanks.

here they are (on a separate note, my MobileSMS app, the stock one, is also hidden, and that can be seen in the Info.plist file too)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mbrooksr For This Useful Post:

swiftbmx (12-14-2008)

Did some one try this with the info.plist?
    By the way,yes...i am using the latest versioun of IS

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny30 View Post
    Did some one try this with the info.plist?
    By the way,yes...i am using the latest versioun of IS
    you do anything special or did you delete your original sms app?

i have the latest IS and the latest BiteSMS and it definitely does not open BiteSMS when choosing "Text Message" from either the contacts app, the recent calls list or the voicemail list.

what are your IS settings? you got intellialerts on and quick view on? what about performance boost? on or off for BiteSMS?

Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    you do anything special or did you delete your original sms app?

i have the latest IS and the latest BiteSMS and it definitely does not open BiteSMS when choosing "Text Message" from either the contacts app, the recent calls list or the voicemail list.

what are your IS settings? you got intellialerts on and quick view on? what about performance boost? on or off for BiteSMS?
    ahhh figured it out....turn of Performance Boost on BiteSMS and it works.

now if only they can fix that bug where when you text message through the above 3 methods, it continues the texting in the existing Conversation Thread rather than start a whole new thread thus, making 2 conversation threads with the same contact

i already reported this to the developer awhile back

and also, if this plist thing to correct the Launch SMS feature in IS actually works, then mad propz to mbrooks!
    Last edited by lazer; 12-15-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

does this work with iRealSMS? I would like to do this as well. Dont want to jack the thread, but seems pointless to post an identical thread for iReal.

^^^its not jacking. i use irealsms myself and will try this once i get home. i was looking for the solution on IS's end instead of the actual sms app end. this will be only an attempt as i dont want to mess with the bundle identifier permanently just for IS usability....i use sms WAY to much to mess that up. but ill try and post results here

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    ^^^its not jacking. i use irealsms myself and will try this once i get home. i was looking for the solution on IS's end instead of the actual sms app end. this will be only an attempt as i dont want to mess with the bundle identifier permanently just for IS usability....i use sms WAY to much to mess that up. but ill try and post results here
    messing with the bundle identifier permanently could mess up your SMS functionality?

u try the plist thing yet? did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    Yes please let me know as well, I use iRealSMS and Intelliscreen. Also besides the quickview launching default sms app. Do you think this would fix having to clear the message in intelliscreen as well as ireal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast