Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bitesms/intelliscreen(Quickview)

Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    ahhh figured it out....turn of Performance Boost on BiteSMS and it works.
    By the Way...What is the performance boost in IS? I really don't know how it works? I always have it switched to "OFF"...
    But even with the toogle to OFF, bite sms opens when I chose text message from my contacts or favorites...

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny30 View Post
    By the Way...What is the performance boost in IS? I really don't know how it works? I always have it switched to "OFF"...
    But even with the toogle to OFF, bite sms opens when I chose text message from my contacts or favorites...
    really? try rebooting the phone. usually after a reboot, the conflict appears

i turned it on and it still started the default sms app

it was only after a reboot that it got it working properly

Well, to be perfectly clear, I toogle performance boost to "OFF"...
    Then underneath (where all the 3th party apps are)all the apps toogle to ON...(and I cannot change it)
    In this case everything works fine...
    I tried to put performance boost to ON and then all the 3th party apps to OFF...In that case,you are right...it opens Text.app and not bitesms...

But can you explain me the purpose of the performance boost please?

Well, to be perfectly clear, I toogle performance boost to "OFF"...
    Then underneath (where all the 3th party apps are)all the apps toogle to ON...(and I cannot change it)
    In this case everything works fine...
    I tried to put performance boost to ON and then all the 3th party apps to OFF...In that case,you are right...it opens Text.app and not bitesms...

But can you explain me the purpose of the performance boost please?
    since intelliscreen doesn't subscribe to the mobile substrate, it constantly runs over everything. so basically, the performance boost just gives a slight speed increase when launching applications that otherwise, might be hindered slightly by IS's overlapping system. basically, just an app launching speed boost. i'm still torn as to whether it makes anything faster anyways

btw, bitesms 2.7 came out yesterday

yeah, I installed BiteSMS 2.7 but it doesn't change anything in the fact that Quickview from IS launches the normal Text.app :-(

I really doen't see the changes in BiteSMS 2.7??

my method still works for the new 2.7 update.

and now theres smilie faces.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

I have smiley faces since the first time i installed bitesms...about 10 days ago...so it is not a feature of the new version...

On the other hand I believe that I installed 2.7 already 10 days ago...I use bitesms/beta as repo...

yeah, I installed BiteSMS 2.7 but it doesn't change anything in the fact that Quickview from IS launches the normal Text.app :-(

I really doen't see the changes in BiteSMS 2.7??
    here is the change log for 2.7:

Version 2.7
    17 December 2008

* Smileys... simply left/right swipe in text box to bring up a link to Smileys (Firmware 2.2 only will show this Smileys link).
    * Credits are now linked to the iPhone deviceID instead of the SIM, thus preventing lost credits when a SIM is changed.
    * The "Send via..." button can now be switched even if it's not active (currently you need a recipient and some text).
    * The "Messages" button now remains active while a message is being sent, thus allowing the user to navigate out and continue to work.
    * Fixed bug, whereby contacts with only a Company name did not display the company name.
    * Broadened the URL matching for incoming SMS messages (to open Safari), e.g. google.co.uk

most of the changes are somewhat minor

and as far as making it compatible with IS, i already emailed with the developer about that, i don't think it's in the works since it's more an IS issue than it is a BiteSMS issue. and i don't really think intelliborn is making that a priority either

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

[quote=VolizioKrushavec;3193181]user banned/quote]

I think that deserves a big-ole 'HUH?'. Either this is a 'bot' post, or very off topic.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 02-20-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12