Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AIM/iChat Tip

Default AIM/iChat Tip
    Heres a tip I stumbled upon accidentially.

1. Go to aim.com and set up aim to foward ims to your cellphone http://mobile.aol.com/mobileaim

2. Log into one of the various aim proggies, to view your online buddies.

3. Send im to that buddy.

4. Log off of the proggy.

5. It will automatically foward their im to you as a sms message.

This will keep you from having to have the program running using edge and forcing all calls to your voicemail.

Ive used this for a few days, saves my battery and lets me stay in contact.

Hope this helps.

Great idea for people who have large text messaging plans or dont mind paying the extra sms fees

ay chrissurra....i got a side qstn towards this, "This will keep you from having to have the program running using edge and forcing all calls to your voicemail."

is that for real that using edge for internet or on IM apps forces calls to vmail?...because i never had that problem...when im on the net i still get my calls.

If youre using edge then the calls cant come through. If youre on wifi then they will come throught.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    If youre using edge then the calls cant come through. If youre on wifi then they will come throught.
    That's not right I get all calls when using edge a call breaks all edge connection !

Thats odd, I havn't had a problem with that either...

I've had a few instances when people have tried to call me while I'm on the web and it noy even ring, but I've also recieved calls and text messages while on the web.

i always get my calls and txt and emails while on tha web(even when a page is still loading up). when i first got the iPhone on tha hr it came out i was able to do so. on the stock FW i would get a pop up and now that i updated to the first up that it just comes on through with the main answering screen, it breaks aways from the web and lets the calls in.