Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RiP Dev Releases Hood 1.0

Default RiP Dev Releases Hood 1.0
    The RiP Dev team has just release Hood: A quick little app that lets you toggle AirPort, Bluetooth, kill active application and monitor the memory usage in real time.
    Hood works just like SBSettings, you slide your finger across the status bar, and a panel slides down with all your toggles. There you can turn your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on or off. You can also kill and monitor currently running applications.

"Presenting a new free tool for your iPhone - coded entirely today in past 8 hours. The thing is called Hood, and it will add a quickly accessible panel to your iPhone that allows you to toggle AirPort, Bluetooth, kill active application and monitor the memory usage in real time.

To activate, just swipe the finger across the status bar (that's where the carrier name, time, and various status icons are displayed):

Hood is available now in Installer.app, category Utilities. Don't forget to restart SpringBoard after the installation to activate it. Thanks to Thrasos Varnava (Cyprus) for the icons which were used as a base for the buttons. Enjoy!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Would be great if someone whacked this on Cydia. I don't have Installer, its far too buggy...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

im sure this doesnt use mobile substrate (doh! :P) and runs all the time and obviusly wont work with sbsettings :P

i hope bigg boss can add the memory portion (if it actually works) and the "task manager portion" to sbsettings

Here is a screenshot if your not sure what it looks like

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah it probably costs 40 dollars and you'll get no support...

Quote Originally Posted by Money Over ******* View Post
    "Presenting a new free tool for your iPhone..."
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

that's hideous... sbsettings look so much nicer, even stock

Default SBSettings
    Quote Originally Posted by icedx2 View Post
    that's hideous... sbsettings look so much nicer, even stock
    Hey can u or anyone please tell me where i can find "SBSettings"? I do like the programm hood but it is rather hideous thanks for the help you guys

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

wow. rip dev definitely really couldn't have been more original...

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceelo2008 View Post
    Hey can u or anyone please tell me where i can find "SBSettings"? I do like the programm hood but it is rather hideous thanks for the help you guys
    It is in Cydia. Do a search for SBSettings and it will show up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Money Over ******* View Post
    Here is a screenshot if your not sure what it looks like
    The symbol in the top right, is that for SSH?

Default Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It is in Cydia. Do a search for SBSettings and it will show up.
    For some reason when i searched the first time only themes were coming up but now i did find it. Thanks very much for the fast response you guys are the best!

SBsettings is much better. All it needs is the memory and task manager that this has and it would be perfect!

I would try this but I really do not trust RiP apps. There always full of bugs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam4581 View Post
    SBsettings is much better. All it needs is the memory and task manager that this has and it would be perfect!

I would try this but I really do not trust RiP apps. There always full of bugs.
    Accept that SBSettings also installs MobileSubstrate, which takes up space and is a major battery leaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Accept that SBSettings also installs MobileSubstrate, which takes up space and is a major battery leaker.
    on the other hand, this THING runs ALL THE TIME, so... will it be much diferent ? (and that, suposing that mobilesubstrate REALLY leaks batery like you said, wich i dont think so)

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I like SBSettings. But since I installed it (which also forces you to install MobileSubstrate for some reason) my battery life has dropped significantly. I'd go to bed with the reading at 100 and wakeup with the same (or maybe 99%). Now when I wake up, it's around 74%

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

via BigBoss

Mobile Substrate:
    Mobile Substrate is an ingenious mechanism that allows for apps to extend the springboard. The springboard is your iPhone desktop that controls app launching, most preferences, and locking of the device. Mobile Substrate allows you to have apps that hook into the springboard and allow springboard to do things it normally cannot do. Examples of Mobile Substrate apps include Winterboard, SBSettings, Quickgold, and backgrounder.

In general, Mobile Substrate plugins are much better than daemons because they do not use any additional CPU or battery. They can, however, use more memory (depending on what the plugin is or does). In general, you do not want Mobile Substrate plugins installed that you are not using. How do you know what is installed? You have two options: 1) Look in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries folder. 2) Open Cydia and start uninstalling mobilesubstrate. Do not actually uninstall this but check out the confirmation screen. It will show you all the other packages that are going to be uninstalled as a result of this action. Those are packages that depend on mobile substrate and are, therefore, mobile substrate plugins.
    I currently run several mobile substrate plugins and consider Winterboard, SBSettings, and Quickgold “must have” plugins. But you must be careful and do not just install any plugin that comes out. Know what you are getting yourself into.

Update: To clarify, do not avoid mobile substrate “just because” or you are missing out on some of the best reasons to jailbreak. My suggestion is instead to keep your mobile substrate list thin and only install what you really want. Springbridge can generally be uninstalled as it is no longer used. Some folks install every app that comes out and never uninstall what they don’t use.

Thanks

I would hardly consider Bigboss and expert on the iPhone. He didn't even make Mobile Substrate, so why are you quoting him as an authority?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I get roughly the same amount of drain on my phone at night even with Airplane mode on. Mobilesubstrate is linked to many apps. On my next upgrade I am going to try to avoid all of them to see if there is a difference in performance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

He wrote categories, SB Setting, BossPrefs, poof, BossTool, Docs, Flashlight, Jokes, Respring, T-Zones Hack, Webseach, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting. He wrote the original guide on how to downgrade from 2.0+ to 1.1.4. Lastly his repo hosts over 600 packages. I would say he is one of the top authorities on iPhone development and coding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast