Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: RiP Dev Releases Hood 1.0

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Eurisko I would hardly consider Bigboss and expert on the iPhone. He didn't even make Mobile Substrate, so why are you quoting him as an authority? Wow,
...
  1. #21
    iPhoneaholic x999x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 112 Times in 82 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I would hardly consider Bigboss and expert on the iPhone. He didn't even make Mobile Substrate, so why are you quoting him as an authority?
    Wow, I just lol'd like literally.

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Wow, I just lol'd like literally.
    Yes, let's all praise the script writer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    He wrote categories, SB Setting, BossPrefs, poof, BossTool, Docs, Flashlight, Jokes, Respring, T-Zones Hack, Webseach, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting. He wrote the original guide on how to downgrade from 2.0+ to 1.1.4. Lastly his repo hosts over 600 packages. I would say he is one of the top authorities on iPhone development and coding.
    Yes indeed, and you'll find threads on everyone of those programs with people complaining they've screwed their phones up. By the way, he didn't write SBSettings, he can only take secondary credit, if at all.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 11-24-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts

    Considering that Saurik himself has worked closely with BigBoss on numerous things, i would be inclined to believe that he is quite a legitimate authority on iPhone programming/hacking.

    And that comment on threads made complaining about those programs BigBoss had a hand in...what program, may i ask, HASN'T had a thread made about it causing some problems? The iPhone itself probably leads in the number of complaint-oriented-threads made. I personally haven't had problems with anything BigBoss has created, and when you're jailbroken and installing jailbroken apps, it's obvious to assume that there are inherent risks when multiple programs are installed and cause conflicts with each other, not just those made by BigBoss.

    FWIW, anyone who thinks MobileSubstrate, created by Saurik (anyone care to go against this guy's word?), is a battery leaker obviously has no iPhone programming background and thus is inherently ignorant when it comes to programming in general.

    Anyone who actually uses ANYTHING made by RiPDev deserves what's coming to them. Those guys are Class-A d-bags and can do no possible good for anyone's iPhone.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcde7ago For This Useful Post:

    Imahottguy (11-25-2008), ltjbigshot (11-24-2008), MattMac (11-25-2008)

  5. #24
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    Considering that Saurik himself has worked closely with BigBoss on numerous things, i would be inclined to believe that he is quite a legitimate authority on iPhone programming/hacking.

    And that comment on threads made complaining about those programs BigBoss had a hand in...what program, may i ask, HASN'T had a thread made about it causing some problems? The iPhone itself probably leads in the number of complaint-oriented-threads made. I personally haven't had problems with anything BigBoss has created, and when you're jailbroken and installing jailbroken apps, it's obvious to assume that there are inherent risks when multiple programs are installed and cause conflicts with each other, not just those made by BigBoss.

    FWIW, anyone who thinks MobileSubstrate, created by Saurik (anyone care to go against this guy's word?), is a battery leaker obviously has no iPhone programming background and thus is inherently ignorant when it comes to programming in general.

    Anyone who actually uses ANYTHING made by RiPDev deserves what's coming to them. Those guys are Class-A d-bags and can do no possible good for anyone's iPhone.
    <---- Laffin out loud @ this thread and especially @ this expert^

    How do we go from an app release to BigBoss's credibility in the iPhone Scene?? How does one 2nd guesses anothers thoughts or opinons whom havent been on the scene as nearly as close as the other? And how does one shyt on an developer but probably have never attempted an installation of one of their apps? Whom ever that has had TROUBLES with apps from RIPDEV are Class-A d-Bags, all it takes is a little reading up and knowledge on how some things work to get things right. I have every app released by RIPDEV and have yet to run into anything that could seriously damage my phone. I Love You Guys!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

  6. #25
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    FWIW, anyone who thinks MobileSubstrate, created by Saurik (anyone care to go against this guy's word?), is a battery leaker obviously has no iPhone programming background and thus is inherently ignorant when it comes to programming in general.
    Interesting perspective. I myself program in C++ and VBA on a daily basis, but because I don't program for the iPhone I'm ignorant. Yup, seems logical to me. And because with Mobile Substrate installed drains half my battery also daily, it must be something "I" did wrong. Tell me, how exactly do you incorrectly install something from Cydia?

  7. #26
    ninja of MMi cricketlang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Draper, UT
    Posts
    2,124
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 243 Times in 218 Posts

    can we get a screenshot of the task manager portion in action? that is the only thing that would even make me CONSIDER this app
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

  8. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    <---- How do we go from an app release to BigBoss's credibility in the iPhone Scene?? How does one 2nd guesses anothers thoughts or opinons whom havent been on the scene as nearly as close as the other? And how does one shyt on an developer but probably have never attempted an installation of one of their apps?
    Because not many people new on the scene know what kind of a person Bigboss really is, the programs he's cracked, the widely public opinion he's touted regarding other iPhone Devs. But you won't hear any of that, because it's all hush hush, no one is allowed to have a negative view of Devs here.

    Also, I did try things like Categories, Poof, etc. Had to restore my iPhone every time. But I hear that since I don't program for the iPhone, I'm ignorant.

  9. #28
    Livin the iPhone Life 461am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,241
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 183 Times in 159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Because not many people new on the scene know what kind of a person Bigboss really is, the programs he's cracked, the widely public opinion he's touted regarding other iPhone Devs. But you won't hear any of that, because it's all hush hush, no one is allowed to have a negative view of Devs here.
    Hmm, go into detail. I'm not really one for baseless accusations.

  10. #29
    ninja of MMi cricketlang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Draper, UT
    Posts
    2,124
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 243 Times in 218 Posts

    and you guys arguing about bigboss and his apps is sad. if you want to show me something that you created that is BETTER than what bigboss has put out to the iphone community then please speak up. if you cannot produce anything better with any better reasons then bissboss remains better than YOU and anyone else you say is better

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Also, I did try things like Categories, Poof, etc. Had to restore my iPhone every time. But I hear that since I don't program for the iPhone, I'm ignorant.
    probably because of all the useless crap you have on there that doesnt go well with well coded material HAHAHAHA
    Last edited by cricketlang; 11-24-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

  11. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Closed.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts