Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RiP Dev Releases Hood 1.0

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Eurisko I would hardly consider Bigboss and expert on the iPhone. He didn't even make Mobile Substrate, so why are you quoting him as an authority? Wow,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I would hardly consider Bigboss and expert on the iPhone. He didn't even make Mobile Substrate, so why are you quoting him as an authority?
    Wow, I just lol'd like literally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Wow, I just lol'd like literally.
    Yes, let's all praise the script writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    He wrote categories, SB Setting, BossPrefs, poof, BossTool, Docs, Flashlight, Jokes, Respring, T-Zones Hack, Webseach, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting. He wrote the original guide on how to downgrade from 2.0+ to 1.1.4. Lastly his repo hosts over 600 packages. I would say he is one of the top authorities on iPhone development and coding.
    Yes indeed, and you'll find threads on everyone of those programs with people complaining they've screwed their phones up. By the way, he didn't write SBSettings, he can only take secondary credit, if at all.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 11-24-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Considering that Saurik himself has worked closely with BigBoss on numerous things, i would be inclined to believe that he is quite a legitimate authority on iPhone programming/hacking.

And that comment on threads made complaining about those programs BigBoss had a hand in...what program, may i ask, HASN'T had a thread made about it causing some problems? The iPhone itself probably leads in the number of complaint-oriented-threads made. I personally haven't had problems with anything BigBoss has created, and when you're jailbroken and installing jailbroken apps, it's obvious to assume that there are inherent risks when multiple programs are installed and cause conflicts with each other, not just those made by BigBoss.

FWIW, anyone who thinks MobileSubstrate, created by Saurik (anyone care to go against this guy's word?), is a battery leaker obviously has no iPhone programming background and thus is inherently ignorant when it comes to programming in general.

Anyone who actually uses ANYTHING made by RiPDev deserves what's coming to them. Those guys are Class-A d-bags and can do no possible good for anyone's iPhone.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcde7ago For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (11-25-2008), ltjbigshot (11-24-2008), MattMac (11-25-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    Considering that Saurik himself has worked closely with BigBoss on numerous things, i would be inclined to believe that he is quite a legitimate authority on iPhone programming/hacking.

And that comment on threads made complaining about those programs BigBoss had a hand in...what program, may i ask, HASN'T had a thread made about it causing some problems? The iPhone itself probably leads in the number of complaint-oriented-threads made. I personally haven't had problems with anything BigBoss has created, and when you're jailbroken and installing jailbroken apps, it's obvious to assume that there are inherent risks when multiple programs are installed and cause conflicts with each other, not just those made by BigBoss.

FWIW, anyone who thinks MobileSubstrate, created by Saurik (anyone care to go against this guy's word?), is a battery leaker obviously has no iPhone programming background and thus is inherently ignorant when it comes to programming in general.

Anyone who actually uses ANYTHING made by RiPDev deserves what's coming to them. Those guys are Class-A d-bags and can do no possible good for anyone's iPhone.
    <---- Laffin out loud @ this thread and especially @ this expert^

How do we go from an app release to BigBoss's credibility in the iPhone Scene?? How does one 2nd guesses anothers thoughts or opinons whom havent been on the scene as nearly as close as the other? And how does one shyt on an developer but probably have never attempted an installation of one of their apps? Whom ever that has had TROUBLES with apps from RIPDEV are Class-A d-Bags, all it takes is a little reading up and knowledge on how some things work to get things right. I have every app released by RIPDEV and have yet to run into anything that could seriously damage my phone. I Love You Guys!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    Interesting perspective. I myself program in C++ and VBA on a daily basis, but because I don't program for the iPhone I'm ignorant. Yup, seems logical to me. And because with Mobile Substrate installed drains half my battery also daily, it must be something "I" did wrong. Tell me, how exactly do you incorrectly install something from Cydia?

Thanks

can we get a screenshot of the task manager portion in action? that is the only thing that would even make me CONSIDER this app
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    <---- How do we go from an app release to BigBoss's credibility in the iPhone Scene?? How does one 2nd guesses anothers thoughts or opinons whom havent been on the scene as nearly as close as the other? And how does one shyt on an developer but probably have never attempted an installation of one of their apps?
    Because not many people new on the scene know what kind of a person Bigboss really is, the programs he's cracked, the widely public opinion he's touted regarding other iPhone Devs. But you won't hear any of that, because it's all hush hush, no one is allowed to have a negative view of Devs here.

Also, I did try things like Categories, Poof, etc. Had to restore my iPhone every time. But I hear that since I don't program for the iPhone, I'm ignorant.

Thanks

Because not many people new on the scene know what kind of a person Bigboss really is, the programs he's cracked, the widely public opinion he's touted regarding other iPhone Devs. But you won't hear any of that, because it's all hush hush, no one is allowed to have a negative view of Devs here.
    Hmm, go into detail. I'm not really one for baseless accusations.

Thanks

and you guys arguing about bigboss and his apps is sad. if you want to show me something that you created that is BETTER than what bigboss has put out to the iphone community then please speak up. if you cannot produce anything better with any better reasons then bissboss remains better than YOU and anyone else you say is better

Also, I did try things like Categories, Poof, etc. Had to restore my iPhone every time. But I hear that since I don't program for the iPhone, I'm ignorant.
    probably because of all the useless crap you have on there that doesnt go well with well coded material HAHAHAHA
    Last edited by cricketlang; 11-24-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Closed.