Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recorder 3g ver 3.0 released

Tried it again mailing from Yahoo, stayed in the sent items box and caused the phone to reboot over and over again.
    They should pull it until they get a real working version.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Tried using all of my email addresses as the default (AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, and POP3, wifi on and off, still would not sent a complete and playable video.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Finally I was able to email "1" - 3.5MB video. One thing that I did notice that was different is after I click email the popup came up displaying "Converting" then IVR closed down and the email app opened. Normally when I click email it will immediately open a new email window and display "Preparing". It will continue to show preparing and never display if the email is sent, it just hangs up the email app. So IVR does seem to work, but not consistantly at all. I would think since the advertisement for IVR is all over MMI that "dreamcatcher" would view this post. It would be great if they would resolve this issue, and give the people truly their moneys worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trowski View Post
    Tried it again mailing from Yahoo, stayed in the sent items box and caused the phone to reboot over and over again.
    They should pull it until they get a real working version.
    I am experiencing the same problem after I tried to send a video via email..I have deleted it from my outbox several times, but it keeps showing up in my outbox every time I reboot and open my mail..were u able to resolve this? if so, how? cheers
    Last edited by toyvan; 01-03-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dieburnbot View Post
    You can email videos from Cycorder with Finder and the attachment downloads.
    Not if you're on any version about 1.1.x. They see the 2.x in the app store. While saurik did do a "bootlegged" u/d of finder b/c he's not the author, according to him (saurik) the app is "seatbelted and cannot access /var/mobile/Media. This means that you can't send attachments from this folder. All other files should work, however".

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem after I tried to send a video via email..I have deleted it from my outbox several times, but it keeps showing up in my outbox every time I reboot and open my mail..were u able to resolve this? if so, how? cheers
    I think most of us are hving this prob. After i rebooted, the FIRST thing i did was go to my email and delete it. B/c just by having it in my "outbox" folder it kept crashing the phone and causing all my apps to run slow or freeze. But it wont take the official delete until the email loads completely. If u try to hurry up and delete it, it'll show back up again. It took a few times on wifi for it to work for me. When i deleted this file out of my outbox, everything worked fine again. I like the app. I honestly don't mind paying $20 for it [B]IF IT WORKS[B]. But i'll just keep my eyes open for the u/date.
    Last edited by bprincesnsd; 01-22-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

When your phone reboots, go into airplane mode and delete the file your trying to send. Its what i had to do

7. The Following User Says Thank You to equlizer For This Useful Post:

bprincesnsd (01-22-2009)

Hey thanks "e.q."! after i gave all that advise my stupid self went right back and tried to send myself an email (even after i'd just read that DC hadn't fixed the bug)! Needless to say my phone froze and i couldn't do ANYTHING. I tried ur trick and IT WORKED!

Not sure what you guys did to get rid of the OUTBOX email, as I tried all the solutions in the thread and it never removed it. However, I think the best and easiest solution is to delete that email account and then ADD it back. That will remove the OUTBOX email that keeps freezing your iPhone and rebooting it. Mine is now back to normal and I didn't lose any emails.

I agree... 20 bucks for this app should and probably is in the new stimulus package somewhere!!!!

but we will never know because nobody read it!!!

if anyone has a crack serial ...... hey .... many would worship you if you could provide it!!!!

I had just gotten around this stupid application.
    Although i do not have the serial number to extend the video recording, I had to SSH into my iphone to retrieve my files. I ran across a great method on Youtube. The process involved Bosspref's (which i had something similar already), and OpenSSH. Both of those files were available via Cydia. I was able to remotely SFTP into my Iphone and DL the videos. If you want to youtube half the process. Search "Howto SSH into iphone". Although i do not support this application, given its obvious flaws and price tag, Being able to retrieve my videos this time around was nice.

I just pwnaged to iPhone 3 on my iPhone 3G and this app no longer works. I installed and uninstalled it. When you click on the icon the splash screen comes up indicating it is loading. Then it quits and sends me back to the home page.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? If not, any suggestions on getting it functioning would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazz View Post
    I just pwnaged to iPhone 3 on my iPhone 3G and this app no longer works. I installed and uninstalled it. When you click on the icon the splash screen comes up indicating it is loading. Then it quits and sends me back to the home page.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? If not, any suggestions on getting it functioning would be appreciated.
    Am also getting this problem after redsn0wing my 3g. Finder does the same thing, though PDAnet works fine.
    Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm guessing they will have to update the app if they are still supporting it. It stopped working after the 2.0 update last year. They fixed it a couple months later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I'm guessing they will have to update the app if they are still supporting it. It stopped working after the 2.0 update last year. They fixed it a couple months later.
    I contacted DreamCatcher about the issue with iPhone Recorder but have had no reply yet.

Here's the URL for iPhone Recorder and contact (button in top right) if someone else wants to add some additional pressure to get it fixed:

iPhone Video Recorder - DreamCatcher Official Site
    Last edited by pizzazz; 06-21-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: additional info

I also just downloaded this on Cydia, for 3.0 and it isn't working =/

Like TheOrioles33 said, they probably haven't updated it to work with this firmware.

It's simple! If you want video recorder for 3.0 add this to Cydia Index of /3
    Download the version 3.1

Enjoy

I'm on my iPhone and that last post screwed up the link, here it is again, just remove the spaces,
    http :// iphonevideorecorder. com/3
    Last edited by smeeshum; 06-21-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smeeshum For This Useful Post:

bencjedi (06-23-2009), bruseth (06-22-2009), MikeHawk (06-21-2009), UKFitch21 (06-23-2009), Xenthor (06-21-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Download the version 3.1

Enjoy

I'm on my iPhone and that last post screwed up the link, here it is again, just remove the spaces,
    Thanks!

Worked

Awesome, thanks! That worked for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Download the version 3.1

Enjoy

Thanks smeeshum! Works perfectly with my pwnaged iPhone 3.0!

Thanks a lot, smeeshum. How did you manage to find that link? I didn’t see any mention of this update on their site. Thanks again for the info. The new version works just fine on my 3G iPhone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast