+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recorder 3g ver 3.0 released

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
LOL at the haters, they make my day For the lovers out there, IVR was just updated with email support, fire up Cydia for the goods! Edit - I would
    Thanks

LOL at the haters, they make my day

For the lovers out there, IVR was just updated with email support, fire up Cydia for the goods!

Edit -

I would recommend sending the compressed mp4 vids instead of the Mov files, they're huge in comparison.
    Last edited by x999x; 11-30-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry, but Cycorder is worlds better than IVR. There's no comparison.

Thanks

I guess its a matter of opinion. I've recorded quite a bit with both, including the new on-the-fly mov mode with IVR. The recording quality is identical, the only real bonus here is email and youtube. My longest recording was 20 minutes with IVR, sound was in sync the entire time, plus I got to record my friend completely drunk on his birthday, win!

Quality goes downhill when you use the mp4 method of recording on IVR, its clearly noticeable that mov is superior.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    LOL at the haters, they make my day

For the lovers out there, IVR was just updated with email support, fire up Cydia for the goods!

Edit -

I would recommend sending the compressed mp4 vids instead of the Mov files, they're huge in comparison.
    I've been waiting on this. Theres is only one problem I can't install via Cydia...I get a size mismatch error. I had to install IVR 3.0.4 via installer and there doesn't appear to be an update.

Any advice...

x999x are you on on 2.2 firmware?
    Last edited by ripped53; 12-01-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks

I actually think that the on the fly recordings are smoother with IVR. Sorry cycorder.. yours are getting pretty choppy in comparison.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am glad I came here before buying! I was going buy IVR instead of using Cycorder specifically because of the ability to email the video. I have tried multiple times and just get a blank email with the title of the video in it.

How can they possible accept $20 for this if one of the main selling points of the software is not even working?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    I've been waiting on this. Theres is only one problem I can't install via Cydia...I get a size mismatch error. I had to install IVR 3.0.4 via installer and there doesn't appear to be an update.

Any advice...

x999x are you on on 2.2 firmware?
    It works as advertised on 2.2...finally.

You could try & SSH in or use Finder to delete videorecorder3g.app from /var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx
    Then try to install it again.

Thanks

Thumbs down Congratulations...I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Big ups to Dreamcatcher for finally catching their coding up to their mouths - it was ridiculous to advertise a feature they couldn't deliver for 4+ months and still take $20 from one trusting iPhone user after another.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 12-01-2008 at 07:47 PM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Thanks

finally got it to update. The new update in cydia over wrote the previous install.

I'm still having trouble email larger 5mb+ videos....any suggestions

Green Apple
    Thanks

My friend tried to send me (and himself) a 3 MB video quite a few times, and it kept arriving at a little over 400 KB and completely unreadable. It's most definitely NOT working as advertised, and i am glad i didn't pay $20 to beta test a useless app that has a much better, FREE competitor. Don't bother with this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    My friend tried to send me (and himself) a 3 MB video quite a few times, and it kept arriving at a little over 400 KB and completely unreadable. It's most definitely NOT working as advertised, and i am glad i didn't pay $20 to beta test a useless app that has a much better, FREE competitor. Don't bother with this.
    I like teh youtoob upload, call me silly, but the free one dun haves this >,>

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    Thats strange. I sent a 4MB video to my COX account and it went through and played fine. It might have something to do with your ISP.

Thanks

this app crashed my iphone and out it on an endless restart phase (it would boot up and then after mail app was loading it restarted) because it was a large attachment i guess, i had to start the phone and cut off wifi and edge so i can delete the outbox to get it back to normal
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

same thing happen to me it wont send any emails will just kept trying
    AJ

Music is what feelings sound like....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can somebody explain how to upload videos to youtube?
    The message received is "Failed when uploading"
    Please help

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bencheikh For This Useful Post:

Hagow (12-12-2008)

Thanks

I've been loyal to IVR since it came out and I've already paid so I have no reason to bash, but I haven't been able to successful upload to youtube, or send a video by email. Smaller sized video (1mb) continue to show as processing but rarely send, and on the rare occasion that the email goes out, the video is not received.

Thanks

dreamcatcher where are you???????

We need for you to fix this little problem regarding emailing videos......

I've also had no success uploading to youtube.

Thanks

I wonder what the problem really is? I JUST emailed a 9 meg video and it worked. Why do some have success and some dont?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I wonder what the problem really is? I JUST emailed a 9 meg video and it worked. Why do some have success and some dont?
    No way....and it was received and playable? It loads into email perfectly fine, it even sends. The receiver gets the email with a file half size, but its not playable.

Most app compatability problems are blamed on intelliscreen...which I love by the way....do you have IS installed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    No way....and it was received and playable? It loads into email perfectly fine, it even sends. The receiver gets the email with a file half size, but its not playable.

Most app compatability problems are blamed on intelliscreen...which I love by the way....do you have IS installed?
    True story man! I'm running 2.2 fw and I have Intelliscreen. It takes forever to send but it does send. I've only tried to send to my COX account. Maybe the ISP you send to has something to do with it. I have my gmail account as my SMTP also.