+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recorder 3g ver 3.0 released

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 Actually Dreamcatcher did respond and said an update would be available "soon". Unfortunately that meant 2 months! Like I said, rough road for anyone tricked into
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Actually Dreamcatcher did respond and said an update would be available "soon". Unfortunately that meant 2 months!
    Like I said, rough road for anyone tricked into buying this product - Cycorder has been offering an excellent free alternative for months. I completely understand your need to continue justifying their behavior.

It's more than a little disturbing to see that they are STILL selling IPV as having email capabilities on their homepage while no one can make it work on a 3G. That's straight-up false advertising but no one seems to mind (it's been there for months, too).

Caveat emptor!
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah, both cycoder and ivr have the 15 fps limit, but, i hear that this limit can be bypassed writing a new driver for camera or something like that.

Both have great image quality, only we need now, better frame rate 24-30fps because iphone its capable of that.

I hope see better frame rate in next releases of ivr or cycoder.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radeon3d View Post
    Yeah, both cycoder and ivr have the 15 fps limit, but, i hear that this limit can be bypassed writing a new driver for camera or something like that.

Both have great image quality, only we need now, better frame rate 24-30fps because iphone its capable of that.

I hope see better frame rate in next releases of ivr or cycoder.
    The iphone is a joke - it's not capable of anything much I still like it as a phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wink Naaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxtreme View Post
    The iphone is a joke - it's not capable of anything much I still like it as a phone
    Not really, other phones can record at 30 fps with lower hardware specs

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    I read a couple of posts saying the video quality is better than cycorder so downloaded it just to test it out and compare and I must say that I saw no difference in video quality at all between the two. Sure, the email and youtube upload features are pretty neat but their not worth 20 dollars IMO. Especially when one of those two "neat" features aren't even working. Cycorder FTW.
    What I do prefer with iPhoneVideoRecorder is the audio gain adjustment available in the MP4 recording mode. Cycorder, as good and free as it is, doesn't pick up audio very well.
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 11-19-2008 at 09:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont see it in installer ...am i missing the source?

Thanks

Loving this update, mov-mode is like Cycorder with YouTube uploads. Exactly what I want.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i will wait for the crack lol

Thanks

I'm a paid user, and they also never responded to any of my email queries. But I'm glad it's compatible with v2.1 now. Of course, v2.2 is coming out soon & will it still be compatible? Will have to wait & see.
    For those who are getting the source mismatch error:
    I also got that (and I'm still getting it), but you can install it manually. After the error, and after you wait for Cydia to become responsive again, quit. Then SSH to /var/cache/apt/archives/partial
    In there you'll see the com.dreamcatcher.videorecorder3g_3.0.4_iphoneos-arm.deb package. Rename it to .zip on your computer, unzip it, unzip the data.tar.gz file, and copy the videorecorder3g.app folder to /Applications on your iPhone. Respring & you're done.

- or

just download & unzip the attached file & place in /Applications
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jrentzke; 11-20-2008 at 04:21 AM.

Thanks

Thumbs down Same Silence, Different Month
    Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    I'm a paid user, and they also never responded to any of my email queries.
    Sigh...not the way to run a company charging $20 for an app that they quickly disown once they get your money.

Sorry to hear their customer service approach hasn't matured much in the past months.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It doesnt crash atleast this time but e-mail and youtube function still doesnt work

Green Apple
    Thanks
    first things first:
    have you entered your username (without @gmail.com)? good!
    password of course
    now, enter something in title AND description.

can you upload now?
    that did the trick for me, filling out all the fields.
    Turimblar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No still failed to upload " error failed to upload" iphone 2g 2.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bren999 View Post
    It doesnt crash atleast this time but e-mail and youtube function still doesnt work
    No go on email, but youtube works just fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

my experience with iphonevideorecorder:

back in august, i bought this app specifically for e-mail capability. when i found it didn't work. i emailed them:

hello, i just purchased iphone video recorder, and i don't know how to send video's via email. please help.

Get a response:

Thank you very much for your interest in our app.
    In this version, email sending is not supported. We will improve it in next upgrade.

I respond:

I have to say that I am very dissapointed, as it is clearly advertised on your website that video recorder supports sending via e-mail. That was my main motivation in making the purchase as I assumed it was only not availiable it the free version because it was a trial product. Is there an eta on the next release?

NO RESPONSE!!!

today, i stumble upon iphone video recorder 3.0 (wow, would have been nice to get a e-mail saying "hey, we fixed it!". but, hey, at least they have free upgrades). so I download it. STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! so i e-mail them:

I just downloaded the newest version of iphone video recorder. I am still unable to send video via e-mail. Is there something I am not doing, or is it not supported in this version either?

think i'll get a response?

Quote Originally Posted by dieburnbot View Post
    You can email videos from Cycorder with Finder and the attachment downloads.
    Can you explain in detail? I tried to send a video from Finder, but it didn't attach. When I looked at the notes for attachment=for mailto: it reads:

Please note that this does not help you bypass seatbelt profiles. If an application cannot read from /var/mobile/Media (such as MobileMail), you won't be able to use this hack to let it send attachments.
    Last edited by h.abdulhamid86; 11-23-2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cant install on 2.2 this morning getting size mismatch in Cydia, anyone have a fix

Thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Cant install on 2.2 this morning getting size mismatch in Cydia, anyone have a fix

Thanks
    I kind of figured there would be issues with my jailbroken apps. This happened from 2.0 to 2.1. I think I will wait for the apps to be updated before going to 2.2.

Thanks

Installed just fine in 2.2, was a little worried at first, I definitely didn't want to lose this functionality.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (11-24-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Installed just fine in 2.2, was a little worried at first, I definitely didn't want to lose this functionality.
    Good to hear! Thanks!

Thanks

Thumbs down Dreamcatcher = False Advertising
    Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
    my experience with iphonevideorecorder:

back in august, i bought this app specifically for e-mail capability. when i found it didn't work. i emailed them:

hello, i just purchased iphone video recorder, and i don't know how to send video's via email. please help.

Get a response:

Thank you very much for your interest in our app.
    In this version, email sending is not supported. We will improve it in next upgrade.

I respond:

I have to say that I am very dissapointed, as it is clearly advertised on your website that video recorder supports sending via e-mail. That was my main motivation in making the purchase as I assumed it was only not availiable it the free version because it was a trial product. Is there an eta on the next release?

NO RESPONSE!!!
    Sad to say this is how they seem to run their business - and it's REALLY disheartening that there are still MMI members who prop guys like this (and their false advertising) up. Very odd...and it only serves to muddy the waters for potential buyers who are taking the company at their word when they hand over $20.00.

Also...I guess the dev ignores our forum (and their paying users) unless there's a new release (or to hijack a Cycorder thread with links to his site). Because he NEVER shows up to respond to folks like h.abdulhamid86.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 11-30-2008 at 12:08 PM.