Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS landscape mode

Default BiteSMS landscape mode
    That great SMS app has been updated and includes a landscape mode only for text entry at this time. Its still beta but its better than ever and stable on my phone, you can even send gps location and contacts, just swipe on the send box.

And dont listen to the ill informed people out there this app is free to use and if you go to settings and set it to "send via carrier" all your texts will be send using your carrier plan.

they only offer an option to send via their service which is useful if you exhaust you free texts as thier service is cheaper

get it here: by adding this link to your sources in cydia
    http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta

Have fun!! its the best SMS app out there and its FREE
    Last edited by ericidle; 11-13-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

skb875 (11-08-2008)

=-o! Thank you!
    I was just thinking about how much I wanted this today. WOW. BiteSMS can now read my mind.

BiteSMS has been my default SMS app for a few days now, and I absolutely love it, this is definitely adding to the love
    wwjd

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

idk what your talking about dude but their "send using carrier" feature works great, it's the only way I use it. ?
    The new landscape mode is great! Been waiting for this. Hopefully in future updates it will show the convo in landscape mode as well.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

iRealSMS has full landscape texting coming soon with conversation mode so i think ill stick to that, this looks great for people who dont want to pay tho..and the fact you can use it to send texts through your carrier so it doesnt cost money is even cooler
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    iRealSMS has full landscape texting coming soon with conversation mode so i think ill stick to that, this looks great for people who dont want to pay tho..and the fact you can use it to send texts through your carrier so it doesnt cost money is even cooler
    Agreed, iRealSMS is my primary choice for text messaging. and they will soon be releasing conversation mode which will make it perfect. Bitesms does sound like a nice free alternative for people who don't want to pay though..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

By far my fav app on my device is BiteSMS... but looking for the new features in iRealSMS to really see which one trumps for me.

Wish either app could support contact image within the text message... similar to this app I used on my WM device.

Textr

Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 11-09-2008 at 08:14 AM.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

best app ever.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

I can't find version 2.5 in Cydia? I've refreshed several times. Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Houls View Post
    I can't find version 2.5 in Cydia? I've refreshed several times. Any ideas?
    add this as a source

http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

Houls (11-10-2008), nycdiplomat (11-10-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Crikey I gave the source in the original post, do some people never read the first post
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is rocking.

2.5 is out of beta now, and its out on BigBoss' repo.

This just trumps iRealSMS. Best SMS app, and its free.

It has everything that was needed. Inserting Contacts (and GPS Location) just takes the cake.

Brilliant work!

Its my default SMS app now.

Any way I can donate the developers?.. Im in India and SMS's are dirt cheap here (rather I have 1000 free and even after that their like a rupee per SMS) so I dont need to buy BiteSMS Credits.
    Last edited by Ad1tya; 11-10-2008 at 08:49 PM.

does anybody know how to make bitesms my default SMS app?

Go to the settings, and there's an option in there for making it default.

Quote Originally Posted by alesparks View Post
    does anybody know how to make bitesms my default SMS app?
    wwjd

Thanks now I feel like a fools for not seeing it LOL but does anybody know how to change the background on bitesms just like how you can change the background on regular SMS app

would anyone happen to know how to make the settings arrow button thing under the send button transparent so it isnt visible? I already took out the "send via carrier" in the send button and the # of sent messages. I just want bitesms to look as close as the stock sms app.

how did you do that? SSH into the app?

Thanks

So there we have it; Landscape SMS is the most overrated iphone feature request!
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Crikey I gave the source in the original post, do some people never read the first post
    Or some people are not fully aware that you saying "Get it here: http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta" is actually a source that you need to add to cydia and not a link that you click on to go to a website! Maybe if you explained yourself better people would understand first time!

Some people on here need to sort their attitude out! Thanks for the info but dont be a ****!

How do you use landscape mode on Bite sms? I just dl the app and turn my phone and doesnt do nothing..Help!?

Edit:

Nevermind i dl the app and didnt see the update for it!! Wanted to also ask, if i use mobile carrier for setting, i dont get any 3rd party charges correct?
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 11-11-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    Wanted to also ask, if i use mobile carrier for setting, i dont get any 3rd party charges correct?
    Nope ya don't. I think it might use your data plan, but I'm not for sure on that. Unless thats on if you use BiteSMS as your provider.
    wwjd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast