Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BiteSMS landscape mode

Quote Originally Posted by Benson112 View Post
    Or some people are not fully aware that you saying "Get it here: http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta" is actually a source that you need to add to cydia and not a link that you click on to go to a website! Maybe if you explained yourself better people would understand first time!

Some people on here need to sort their attitude out! Thanks for the info but dont be a ****!
    You just proved you are one

perhaps I assumed to too much knowledge in my haste to help out the people here with my original post, but the point is I helped rather than just pass comment. My attitude is always to be helpful and my point was that reading the first post often helps no matter what length the thread actually reaches.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

what i dont like about this app is that sometimes it takes too long just to send a short txt message

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    Nope ya don't. I think it might use your data plan, but I'm not for sure on that. Unless thats on if you use BiteSMS as your provider.
    Yeah, it won't charge you anything extra then it would sending w/ the original SMS app.

I personally loved the landscape mode and everything but it BiteSMS took too long to open and stuff on my phone, so I switched back 2 the original app. Good stuff though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alesparks View Post
    Thanks now I feel like a fools for not seeing it LOL but does anybody know how to change the background on bitesms just like how you can change the background on regular SMS app
    I tried. It doesnt work.

biteSMS doesnt support a background. Not even the default one.

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    You just proved you are one

perhaps I assumed to too much knowledge in my haste to help out the people here with my original post, but the point is I helped rather than just pass comment. My attitude is always to be helpful and my point was that reading the first post often helps no matter what length the thread actually reaches.
    Ive proved i am a **** by sticking up for the newbie who may not understand your first post? You, and many others on here, have a false sense of superiority over people who may not understand everything you do (myself included).

I was merely pointing out that your first post was no way near informative enough for a newbie to understand, therefore dont flame him when he asks a question.

I understand your post is there to help people of which i am grateful for as it helped me, however it only helped me because that chap asked the question...had he not have, i would never have known that link was a cydia source not a clickable link. All im saying is people need to be more tolerable of the newbie when they ask quesitions! People of all levels of iPhone knowledge need to use the information therefore may need to ask what appears to be a simple question to most.

Thanks

I checked the option to make it my default app, however when i recieve a new text it and choose reply it brings up the stock SMS.app ... Anyone have any success at getting this to work in 2.5
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

works for me mate, in the bite sms settings i just turned on the option for default sms app and it works fine. When i get a new text and hit reply, it opens bite.

Maybe try re-installing it and see if it helps? What firmware are you on?

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been using this since yesterday and I love it! I like it a lot better than the iRealSMS app...this looks a lot more like the stock app (which I love) and doesn't have a lot of extra features I'd never need/use (i.e. seperate inbox/outbox/drafts folders). The only problem is that if I hit send then quit the app, the text doesn't finish sending, like it does with the default app.

Quote Originally Posted by chbearsrock View Post
    The only problem is that if I hit send then quit the app, the text doesn't finish sending, like it does with the default app.
    yea thats what i dont like about it. Sometimes i get multiple txt and i was able to leave one txt after i hit send to reply to the other but now if you leave the screen it doesnt send it! maybe they will fix this issue with an update

does anyone else find the pricing scheme for bitesms a bit off?

for .10 cents a message, i'd be better off using my carrier all the time... normally i'd buy some from them to support, but it seems silly that the cost is higher than through my carrier.... am i missing something?
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    does anyone else find the pricing scheme for bitesms a bit off?

for .10 cents a message, i'd be better off using my carrier all the time... normally i'd buy some from them to support, but it seems silly that the cost is higher than through my carrier.... am i missing something?
    swipe the arrow next to the messages sent counter when your in text entry mode and you will see a settings menu, if you set the default to "send via carrier" you will only be charged as per your carrier plan, and the application is free!! how good is that
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12