Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 113

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iBlackjack

  1. #1
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,483
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Default iBlackjack
    Created by Patrick McCarron, iBlackjack is a native Blackjack app for your iPhone.

    iBlackjack is available from <a href="http://code.google.com/p/iphoneblackjack/">his site</a> and Installer.

    <a href="http://code.google.com/p/iphoneblackjack/"><img src="http://modmyi.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3279&d=1194654669"></a>

    <a href="http://code.google.com/p/iphoneblackjack/">http://code.google.com/p/iphoneblackjack/</a>
    Last edited by Dash-2; 12-01-2007 at 06:25 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

    method77 (12-12-2007)

  3. #2
    after install the latest blackjack, it runs slower than the previous version. anyone experience that?

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wawawa11 View Post
    after install the latest blackjack, it runs slower than the previous version. anyone experience that?
    Yes, the creator added this because people were complain the animations were to fast before.

    Personally, I think they're to slow now.
    I like it right in the middle..

  5. #4
    Wow armadillo, nice job, your graphics look great. Patrick, any chance you could make these available at least as an alternate card set?

  6. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    902
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 400 Times in 122 Posts

    absolutely amazing
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

    STATUS: Real busy all the time...

    GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

  7. #6
    I changed the background slightly in the hopes that maybe Patrick could implement the bet amount such that the user could simply click on a chip to set the amount.

    Last edited by armadillo; 11-08-2007 at 09:49 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  8. #7
    Default Bug?
    I am attaching a screenshot that may reflect a bug in the latest version. As you can see, the bank is busted, but long before drawing 5 cards... I almost looks as if the Ace is counted as value of 1 instead of 11.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20071109142839.png  
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  9. #8
    Although I love Kevin Andersson's graphic work he did with iBlackjack, I decided to do a skin for iBlackjack with a more casual feel to it. Download here.

    Current:



    Redux:


  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I am attaching a screenshot that may reflect a bug in the latest version. As you can see, the bank is busted, but long before drawing 5 cards... I almost looks as if the Ace is counted as value of 1 instead of 11.

    An ace's value is 11 unless this would cause the player to bust, in which case it is worth 1. Should it be for the dealer? It depends on the game mode and when the dealer will hit/stand.

    Quote Originally Posted by kurosagi View Post
    Although I love Kevin Andersson's graphic work he did with iBlackjack, I decided to do a skin for iBlackjack with a more casual feel to it.
    That is amazing. Excellent work! Best skinning job I've seen yet.

    I'm actually going to be adding built-in skin packages so you can add iBlackjack skins via Installer.app and change them from within the App itself. There seems to be a lot of demand for that. I was going to save the feature for v2.0 of iBlackjack, but I think it'll make v1.0 afterall due to high demand. I've had a busy week so I haven't been able to work on the game.

    As far as the chips on the table, there will be something similar for a v2.0. It's cool but not necessary, so I want to push it to another release along with other major overhauls to the game's design. A row of chips with various amounts you can click when time to bet. But they will only be visible DURING the time to bet. I imagine the whole game board will move/shift downwards when it's time to bet.

  11. #10
    Can I make a few suggestions for v 2.0? Here is what I think would be cool. The reversed card in the top left should actually be a shoe (althought it doesn't have to be in order to make the play more intuitive). The player would swipe down from the shoe to his/her cards to draw another card. To stand, the player swipes right from the shoe to the dealer's card. Double Down would be two taps and surrender would be swiping up from the player's cards to the dealer's card.

    As to the chips, I would put the score at the right middle and the current bet at the middle center and the menu button to its left. This would free up the bottom portion, where one could place smaller chips with the available betting amounts. These chips would be dark during gameplay and light up when betting amounts can be changed. Clicking on the relevant chips would change the bet.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Can I make a few suggestions for v 2.0? Here is what I think would be cool. The reversed card in the top left should actually be a shoe (althought it doesn't have to be in order to make the play more intuitive). The player would swipe down from the shoe to his/her cards to draw another card. To stand, the player swipes right from the shoe to the dealer's card. Double Down would be two taps and surrender would be swiping up from the player's cards to the dealer's card.
    That would be cool for other uses, but not for Blackjack. You are a player and not a dealer. The blackjack movements I use are pretty close to the real movements/actions that you perform in a casino. Tap to hit, swipe hand to right to stand, swipe hand to left to surrender. It's meant to be as close as it can be.

    For a game where you have to deal/take cards, that you described would make more sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    As to the chips, I would put the score at the right middle and the current bet at the middle center and the menu button to its left. This would free up the bottom portion, where one could place smaller chips with the available betting amounts. These chips would be dark during gameplay and light up when betting amounts can be changed. Clicking on the relevant chips would change the bet.
    Not bad ideas, a few similar things are coming soon as far as floating counters.

  13. #12
    I tried to get this through safari but I am told that safari cannot download the file? Any suggestions?

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarra1972 View Post
    I tried to get this through safari but I am told that safari cannot download the file? Any suggestions?
    You try to download kurosagi's version? If so that wont work via Safari. You have to manually update the game via SSH/SFTP until I get theme support added in.

    On that note, I actually am about 70% done on adding Theme support to iBlackjack. Any of you working on themes, I'll have a way for your themes to be downloaded separately and available to be changed in iBlackjack.

  15. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    767
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts

    very nice im torn between yours and armadillos both amazing :-D not to mention the blackjack is fuN

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    very nice im torn between yours and armadillos both amazing :-D not to mention the blackjack is fuN
    Here's a sneak peek at my current build.



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -snapshot1195443406.png   -snapshot1195443415.png  

  17. #16
    Wow - the new build is going to rock!

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Wow - the new build is going to rock!
    I got it working too late last night! Not perfect, some crashes now and then, but finally got it to work. Now to do some code cleanup and optimization.

  19. #18
    Okay I need some testers, try out the theme switching Preference in my new build. It's no where near finished, still tweaking out. I just want to get this major alteration working good.

    I'm trying to squash all Theme associated bugs and add more functionality before I officially release it.

    Also note my new repository location, Enter on iPhone Safari or Add to Installer Source List manually.
    http://patrickmccarron.com/iphone/repo

    This will be my official repository for iBlackjack themes and game updates. I'll also be making a more formal website sometime soon, and also put up technical documentation on how to create a skin package. I will also be providing skin package distribution for any aspiring artists out there, my Installer.app repository link will be clickable from within the game.

  20. #19
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    767
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts

    adding now

    the repository didn't work for me I don't think
    Last edited by pingwhen; 11-21-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    adding now

    the repository didn't work for me I don't think
    Did you manually add it or use the Safari method?

    Either way, check that you see the source list, and hit refresh again after you confirm it's in there. It doesn't auto refresh new sources all the time.

    You should see the new game under "Games" sub-category and the new Themes under "Themes (iBlackjack)" sub-category.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •