+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlackjack

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I agree, the dealer (AI) seems to win WAY too much. As for the totals on the side or in the middle...hmmm...any way to have an option, so the user
    Thanks

I agree, the dealer (AI) seems to win WAY too much.

As for the totals on the side or in the middle...hmmm...any way to have an option, so the user can choose? I think I prefer them in the middle, but I'd need to see them on the side to choose.

And I hate you for showing the split teaser...gimme gimme gimme gimme!

Quote Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
    I'll probably tweak it a little bit. One part of the algorithm I didn't finish yet is the spacing, it's set to a certain amount (2-3 pixels). Eventually say if you get a bunch of aces or twos, you should be able to get more than 5-6 cards, so the cards will have to overlap somehow. So as you have more cards on the screen the spacing will drop. Right now I agree they just seem a bit close, I'll probably add another pixel or two.
    I'm no programmer, but IIRC, can't you use a percentage of screen, instead of forcing pixels? In other words, two cards = 50% each of the total screen width, 3 cards = 33% of the total screen width, 4 cards = 25%, 5 cards = 20%...you get the idea. If you can do that, it would mean the cards are spaced evenly no matter how many are there, right?
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 12-22-2007 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I agree, the dealer (AI) seems to win WAY too much.

As for the totals on the side or in the middle...hmmm...any way to have an option, so the user can choose? I think I prefer them in the middle, but I'd need to see them on the side to choose.

And I hate you for showing the split teaser...gimme gimme gimme gimme!
    You can see the side score keepers on the previous page with the second split teaser. The reason I had to make the change is there is no room for them the other way once you split. I can also move them up/down to indicate which hand you are playing after you split.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I'm no programmer, but IIRC, can't you use a percentage of screen, instead of forcing pixels? In other words, two cards = 50% each of the total screen width, 3 cards = 33% of the total screen width, 4 cards = 25%, 5 cards = 20%...you get the idea. If you can do that, it would mean the cards are spaced evenly no matter how many are there, right?
    I have to chose the exact pixel location of the cards. I do use math of percentages to figure out those pixel locations. I did some changes since I made that post, and now they are spaced 4 pixels apart (2 in the current screenshot) up until you have 5 cards down. At 5 cards it's completely filled across the screen. Once you get the 6th card and beyond they start to overlap more and more.
    Patrick McCarron
    iPhone Software Engineer @ Mobileage, Inc

Thanks

Patrick, it seems that the Ste source and your's are using different app identifiers. The same package appears twice. It's a bit confusing...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Patrick, it seems that the Ste source and your's are using different app identifiers. The same package appears twice. It's a bit confusing...
    Fixed, it wont show updates for those who have pulled down my versions though.
    Patrick McCarron

Thanks

So Ste is now the official distribution?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    So Ste is now the official distribution?
    He's been the official distribution of "public" releases since day one. He's one of the few repositories that is installed via Community Sources.

I release my own updated versions via my repository for test purposes and will also make public updates before Ste does at times. Those should show up still, we'll see once I make another release.
    Patrick McCarron

Developer
    Thanks

Sorry the next update is taking so long, I keep getting more features I want to add. So, here is another pre-beta screenshot to tease you.

Trying to get these final features working 100% and polished up. I finally got the chips looking and acting like I want, so I figured I'd share them with all of you.

This shows the in-between hand time where the screen will now scroll down to allow you to bet with tapping on a chip. The table will clear also before you can set your bet, I just haven't got that timing down right yet.

Along with this change will obviously be a change in the game's betting structure. Now there will be a table minimum bet, settable via Preferences. Between rounds you can add to the bet. Once you have less than the minimum bet you'll automatically start over back at $200.
    Patrick McCarron

8. The Following User Says Thank You to McCarron For This Useful Post:

method77 (12-28-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

cool!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
    So, here is another pre-beta screenshot to tease you.
    Dude, you're killin' me here....gimme gimme gimme!

Developer
    Thanks

You can keep up to date on iBlackjack over at the Official iBlackjack Discussion sub-forum.

I've been posting updates to the game over there, and looking for people's opinions on some of the changes.
    Patrick McCarron

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love This Game

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When is the Split feature gonna be available?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

comeon its beeen sooo long since the last update

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456