Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlackjack

Quote Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
    Who is Greg? I'm pretty sure I made that comment. I found the bug and fixed it, it involved taking insurance.
    Sorry Patrick, got your name mixed up with another dude.

Thanks for all the coding - this game is a favorite!
    Last edited by jrentzke; 12-05-2007 at 02:42 AM.

Thanks

Encountered something today, though I'd mention it. Situation;

Dealer's cards: <not showing> Ace Heart
    my cards: King Hearts / Ace Diamond

Game asks me if I want insurance since the dealer is showing an Ace. Seeing I have Blackjack, I decline, and I immediately win (dealer had a 7 heart not showing.)

Should it have offered insurance, since I already had Blackjack?

Heck, that begs the question: if both the player and the dealer has blackjack, who wins? The house? The player?

House.. that's why he's asking for insureance

Very nice application. I find myself playing this game quite often

Thanks

The latest AqwoahJack skin (1.1.2) gives me an error ("Package download failed!") when I try to update to it. All the other Aqwoah items (skin, battery, calulator) updated just fine to the latest version.

Has anyone gotten it to install?

edit: Almost forgot to add, this has happened to me twice now: when playing, after 25-30 hands, the game exits back to the Springboard right in the middle of the hand, and when I go back in, any changes I made to the preferences aren't saved.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 12-08-2007 at 05:50 AM.

Yeah, I forgot to move the zip file. It's available now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

BEEKS (12-08-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Yeah, I forgot to move the zip file. It's available now.

Cool beans, just installed it. Dunno what's new with the Aqwoah Battery though. A changelog would be great...

there's nothing new. It's just that Installer is not very smart about uninstalling items. So in order to be able to gracefully uninstall the battery, I had to pseudo-update the package. Don't worry about it. Just update whenever you see an update. But I will be adding dedicated info pages for all of the AlohaSoft items, so you know exactly what gets installed where and what the changes are.

iBlackjack Alpha 5 RC2 is released. Fixes defects: 28, 31 and 32. In fixing #28 I redid the game's theme switching code, so now the game will not reset the current table. So really try to cause the themes switching to crash.

Repo address for those who don't have it yet:
    http://patrickmccarron.com/irepo

Thanks

Just an FYI, the game crashing & exiting is still happening for me, even with the newest update. I was out in my car @ lunch, having a smoke, played 20-30 hands, and bam! Exits back to the Springboard.

So after 20-30 hands?

Was this just while playing or changing themes/preferences?

Thanks

I didn't really count how many hands I played, it could have been more or less, I'm guesstimating there. I only use Aqwoah theme (have others installed, but don't change them), and was not changing themse, just playing. Went to hit/stand and it just exits back to the Springboard.

Sounds good, thanks. I'll see if I can't reproduce.

Another new version tonight. Alpha 5 RC3.

- Fixed shoe preferences not applying until after a game restart
    - Fixed "New Shoe" image display on other themes crashing the game (Hotstuff2 I think this was your crash)
    Last edited by McCarron; 12-10-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm able to reproduce it on demand. Played ~53 hands, crashed and exited back to Springboard. Updated to the latest build, then played ~58 hands and it crashed and exited back to the Springboard.

edit: just noticed your message to me. That wasn't it, since the crash still happened even after updating to the latest version.

Thanks

Was playing iBlackjack (Alpha 5 RC3) during my lunch break, encountered two issues:

During play, went to prefs, set # of Decks in Show to 1 (was 6), game crashed and exited back to Springboard.

Went back into game, immediately changed # of Decks in Shoe to 1 (was still 6), played a couple hands, and then the dealer was dealt TWO Jacks of Hearts. (Uh, with one deck in the shoe, can't get two of the same card!)

edit: Just noticed this. Went into the game, went to prefs, and # of Decks in Shoe is set to 6, even though I changed it to 1 earlier. So it appears to have not saved my setting.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 12-11-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Was playing iBlackjack (Alpha 5 RC3) during my lunch break, encountered two issues:

During play, went to prefs, set # of Decks in Show to 1 (was 6), game crashed and exited back to Springboard.

Went back into game, immediately changed # of Decks in Shoe to 1 (was still 6), played a couple hands, and then the dealer was dealt TWO Jacks of Hearts. (Uh, with one deck in the shoe, can't get two of the same card!)

edit: Just noticed this. Went into the game, went to prefs, and # of Decks in Shoe is set to 6, even though I changed it to 1 earlier. So it appears to have not saved my setting.
    It sounds like the problem is not saving the preference. Not sure about the crash though.

If you can still produce the crash, I'll give it a whirl today to see if I can't do the same.

Also can you file these defects on the defect page? Easier for me to track that way.

http://code.google.com/p/iphoneblackjack/issues/list

Thanks again for all the problems, I want to get these bugs worked out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
    Thanks again for all the problems, I want to get these bugs worked out!
    So do I - because I'm pretty sure until you do, you're not working on the split feature!

the crash after ~50 hands is consistent. The latest ones I posted about, only happened @ lunch today, and I haven't played again to try to reproduce the problems (but I will.)

I'll also log them. great idea!

Yeah I have next two weeks off of work, so I hope to add a few features to the app like splitting. But I want to get some bugs worked out, these are pretty obscure but relevant enough to be an issue.

UPDATE 12/12

Knocking down this 50+ hand bug is such a pain, but I think I'm making progress. It's memory leaks causing the problem I think. I made progress and caused something odder.

I'm going to code a debug way in the game to cause the game to constantly loop and play without user input. That'd be a fun way to test how long the game can run too once I nail down this bug.

Update - Late 12/12

I think I made progress, but it's far from perfect. It should run a lot longer now. Right now the game runs on it's own in a test mode I created. It just automatically stands and removes the "rebet" popup.

It just played a long time on it's own, over 30 mintues with a new hand about every 1.5 seconds. I found other odd issues, where it seemed that the software was running like molasses. I think it was when something triggered the game to not rest enough but instead run a few hands at once. So now I now set the auto running of the "stand" command to more like we really play to see how long it lasts.

Right now my bank is -11,000. Obviously constantly standing is not a good mathematical way to win in Blackjack!
    Last edited by McCarron; 12-12-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McCarron For This Useful Post:

method77 (12-12-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

haha. Good to see a developer putting so much dedication into an app. I use it daily still, thanks.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yeah I forgot to plug it back in, the battery caused the game and the phone to quit!

I now found a bigger bug, the game ran over night and the score got so low that the game wont start now. Integer for score is now too low out of range. It shows it runs MUCH longer now though. So I'll probably release to everyone as-is today (without my fun loop mode in there) since it should be more stable than before. HotStuff should be able to play more than 50 hands. Since getting an out-of-range score is hard to reproduce, I'll fix that next week by changing it's datatype.

Alpha 5 is now released.
    http://patrickmccarron.com/irepo
    Last edited by McCarron; 12-13-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast