Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBlackjack

Patrick,

This new build rocks, and is surprisingly stable. It does crash occasionionally when selecting a new Theme, but I so far I can't find any pattern to that. I swapped themes more than 30 times and only had the crash 2x. I also built my own theme (nothing suitable for public consumption), and that works perfectly as well. Thanks for the update!

repo doesn't work for me.
    Safari says Safari can't download this file and adding manually to installer shows nothing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I really like it very well done. It works for me now I think I read ur post beore installs updated all its stuff it does LOL but anyway love app but I miss my 2 grand I saved up over time :-D

Quote Originally Posted by kelmk View Post
    repo doesn't work for me.
    Safari says Safari can't download this file and adding manually to installer shows nothing.
    He sure to refesh Installer after you add it. Also the safari problem is solved by rebooting phone. It should work, others have had no problems.

As far as the crashing, I have to clean up code a bit more. If it took that long 15-16 changes to crash it sounds like a memory leak. I am sure I havent fixed them all yet.

Next version will let you style cards and themes separately.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to McCarron For This Useful Post:

kojirovn (11-25-2007)

Thanks

I added the repository for the Alpha build, and 4.2.9 shows up under "Games", so anyone who's having problems adding the repository, make sure the iPhone isn't autocorrecting the spelling (it'll try to capitalize the "P" in iPhone, and it should be all lower case to get it added correctly.)

I uninstalled 4.2.1 and installed 4.2.9. Problem is, now installer.app is showing a "1" icon over the Updates section, and it shows iBlackjack Version alpha4.2.1 as an available update (which obviously, it's OLDER than the 4.2.9 alpha build.) Would really like to get rid of that.

edit: Fixed this. I had an entry under Sources for "http://www.iphonefanclub.com/", which was added by Shai's "all sources", that once I removed it, the 4.2.1 didn't show up as an update to 4.2.9.

Added all three themes as well. Like AqwoahJack and kurosagi the best.

Still no "split" capability. REALLY want that!
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-22-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I added the repository for the Alpha build, and 4.2.9 shows up under "Games", so anyone who's having problems adding the repository, make sure the iPhone isn't autocorrecting the spelling (it'll try to capitalize the "P" in iPhone, and it should be all lower case to get it added correctly.)

I uninstalled 4.2.1 and installed 4.2.9. Problem is, now installer.app is showing a "1" icon over the Updates section, and it shows iBlackjack Version alpha4.2.1 as an available update (which obviously, it's OLDER than the 4.2.9 alpha build.) Would really like to get rid of that.

edit: Fixed this. I had an entry under Sources for "http://www.iphonefanclub.com/", which was added by Shai's "all sources", that once I removed it, the 4.2.1 didn't show up as an update to 4.2.9.

Added all three themes as well. Like AqwoahJack and kurosagi the best.

Still no "split" capability. REALLY want that!
    I removed the iphonefanclub.com repository this morning, it should solve that problem for other people. I want to drop using that domain name because there is no future in it with Apple going around having owners change their domain names.

Splitting I hope to get to while on vacation next month. It requires a lot of logic rewritting for the handling of the two different hands. I'll also write it to be able to handle multiple players at the table and such similar things for future versions down the road.
    Last edited by McCarron; 11-22-2007 at 02:40 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to McCarron For This Useful Post:

kojirovn (11-25-2007)

Patrick. How should we handle the themes? Normally, I would have an identifier and a version number, but it would be bad to have multiple versions floating around. So do you prefer to have people submit themes to you or should we keep themes in our own repos?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Patrick. How should we handle the themes? Normally, I would have an identifier and a version number, but it would be bad to have multiple versions floating around. So do you prefer to have people submit themes to you or should we keep themes in our own repos?
    I can host them and flag them with versions in my repository, since I'll be linking to my repository from inside of iBlackjack. There will be a Get Themes button on the Theme Chooser page. So they'll more likely be used if they are in my repository, but nothing against anyone else hosting them. I have plenty of bandwidth and storage so should be good for the demand it will generate.

I currently have some set version numbers right now for the Themes in the repo. But I just threw them in there for this test build. Once I finalize the "preview" image size, which I assume will be 320x40 in size, you can throw a version # in that image somewhere.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to McCarron For This Useful Post:

kojirovn (11-25-2007)

Patrick, in the AqwoahJack thread I posted an updated version of the theme:

Two points regarding the felt. First, could you make it so that the card.png is not placed based on top-left position, but rather centered with the size of the png? This way, I could accommodate a slightly bigger shoe. Also note what might be a bug. The screenshot shows that I was dealt two aces of clubs...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

#1 - Card.png is not the shoe. It's the down card for the dealer. It's dealt out in order at the start of the game. It will actually flip over instead of just change in a future version, I'm perfecting the animation right now. But you can incorporate the shoe into the felt background and just have it partially shown if you want it bigger.

#2 - The two of the same card is possible if you have the shoe to set to more than one deck.

Amazing updates.
    You have done a great job on this app!
    (Texas Holdem would rock!)

From a theme development perspective, it is hard to accommodate the shoe, since the rules text will draw over the felt and the shoe if it were on the felt. So I decided to use the card.png, which removes the shoe when the dealer plays.

Update: Since you will animate the card.png to flip over, I must think how to deal with that and I have an idea how I could solve that...
    Last edited by armadillo; 11-22-2007 at 05:13 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Am I the only person who thinks Apple should PAY Patrick to include this game by default on the iPhone? Seriously, it's a great game, very well done, and the planned updates are only going to make it better.

There are only a few games I have installed, namely iBlackjack, Labyrinth, and iSolitaire. Apple should contact the authors of each of those and offer a butt-load of cash to have them on the iPhone right out of the box.

edit: Oh, and armadillo's Aqwoah theme for iBlackjack rocks, great work. Heck, IMHO the Aqwoah Battery is what Apple should have done out of the box!
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-23-2007 at 09:16 AM.

I finally updated to the latest beta - amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Amazing updates.
    You have done a great job on this app!
    (Texas Holdem would rock!)
    Texas Holdem and Video Poker, also are my favours as Blackjack.

Hope we'll get all those i-games soon

Thanks 4 amazing updated

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

I made some updates and offered some new skins up in the repository. I hope to polish up the latest release a bit more this week and to get it in more people's hands, right now it's a forum only release to stamp out bugs. I took a few day video game break, got a stack of 360 games I've been neglecting.

Repository Location:
    http://www.patrickmccarron.com/iphone/repo/

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,226 Posts

Ha, you play those games. App's looking great, man, same as always. You're a star.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Well I took a break from breaking and made some changes. Give them a whirl:

- Card Total Counting now an option. Doesn't look how i want just yet, but it's a start.
    - Added button to Theme View to add my Repository to Installer.app via Safari.

Something else I think was added, but it's late and I may have forgotten.

Ooops here is the repository address, it was on another page:

http://patrickmccarron.com/iphone/repo
    Last edited by McCarron; 11-28-2007 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Totals, nice. =D
    I feel lazy using them but at the same time it kinda makes it more fun.

I would like to make the following suggestion to the developers of card games (I will crosspost thist in the iSolitaire thread as well):

Can the developers agree on a common naming scheme of cards and a default common theme directory as well as a consistent card size (say 80x60), so that themes can be accessed by all card games? that would make things so much easier. The only thing that would then be specific to the game would be special cards and the table background.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast