+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0 Beta!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm okay with the update charge. Devs need to make money for all their hard work. Not sure about the reply differences. Need to get used to this bad boy.
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm okay with the update charge. Devs need to make money for all their hard work. Not sure about the reply differences. Need to get used to this bad boy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I spoke to the dev this morning via email, and he was receptive, i informed him that maybe informing people via his website that the upgrade wasnt going to be free would be something he should do in the future...

And ironically, I just tried to send an SMS 3 different times, and it hasn't worked...gives me error messages
    Last edited by liveforit; 11-16-2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Its well worth the upgrade cost, trust me. I was skeptical but after using it... WOW.. Finally I can replace my SMS.app program!!!

I just have one question though... In a conversation there is a reply button at the bottom, as well as another reply button directly next to it. One of them brings up the keyboard with a standard "Send" button, the other brings up a send button that is big and blue. Anyone know the difference?

Thanks
    this wasn't in the beta. i tried it on the demo. looks like that is for replying to a message while being in portrait mode and the other gives it to you in either portrait or landscape. this might have to do with a bug that i reported to him. the bug was:

" I think i already told you about this next problem but here goes. when i get a text message from someone who i am in a conversation with it gives me a notification even when i have the conversation open. its very frustrating as you might imagine. if you can find a way to make the notification NOT appear when the conversation for that specific person is open that would be amazing. that way i dont have to tap ok just to reply. it doesnt give the feel of a real "conversation" if i have this annoying notification when the person im texting is already open."

he said he fixed it but it still didnt work right. so im guess, AND THIS IS A GUESS! if you quick reply with the big blue button then and then receive a message right back the message will appear in the bubble. meaning a notification doesnt come up like i was complaining about above. so u send a message, u get one back and the screen auto updates with the new message received (in a bubble). all this without a big notification in ur face saying theres a new message when you know theres one because you can see it in the background (behind the big notification). anyone get me? but i could be wrong. cuz that was the last bug i reported and he didnt reply back then two days later it was released.

Green Apple
    Thanks

my brand new update isn't working..i cannot send SMS messages...

dev has been contacted...

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's not a chance I'm pay for something again that I already paid for only to find it was terrible. Especially since the demo seems to be running slow. I'm sticking to biteSMS for now, they give out their updates for free. Oh and you never have to pay in the first place.
    Early adopters should be rewarded for essentially paying to be beta testers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liveforit View Post
    my brand new update isn't working..i cannot send SMS messages...

dev has been contacted...
    I have the same problem. WTF?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Popple3 View Post
    There's not a chance I'm pay for something again that I already paid for only to find it was terrible. Especially since the demo seems to be running slow. I'm sticking to biteSMS for now, they give out their updates for free. Oh and you never have to pay in the first place.
    Early adopters should be rewarded for essentially paying to be beta testers
    early adopters werent beta testers. you had to actually report stuff back to the dev to be considered a beta tester. there were 100 beta testers, why do you think 3 (including me) were given props? cuz we spent time reporting and working with the dev to fix the problems. yes i agree, it should of been free but its how it is. i have no problem supporting the devs for their hardwork, i just wish that they would of put something on the site like the other user said. it was unexpected. listen we all have been b**ching for months for a program to text in landscape and do so much more. we finally got it. if i wasnt a beta tester ( i got my serial for free YAY :P) i would SOOO pay for this app. $13 bucks is not that much for an app that works amazingly. like i said, the only reason why i made the other comments above about me being mad that i had to pay is because it was unexpected. but it is what it is. enjoy the app!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Didn't work until I rebooted the phone.
    Works now and appears to work well. I payed for the old version and didn't use it, will I pay again? Probably, it's hardly unusual to have to pay again when moving from version 1 to 2, would have been a nice gesture to have made it a free upgrade, but I don't live in that sort of world.

I just wish the demo offered better functionality to make a real choice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gajet For This Useful Post:

Dizz (11-16-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gajet View Post
    Didn't work until I rebooted the phone.
    Works now and appears to work well. I payed for the old version and didn't use it, will I pay again? Probably, it's hardly unusual to have to pay again when moving from version 1 to 2, would have been a nice gesture to have made it a free upgrade, but I don't live in that sort of world.

I just wish the demo offered better functionality to make a real choice.
    I wasn't able to send any messages at all, they would just go straight to the outbox and not send. But then I read your post and decided to restart my phone. Now everything is working great
    iRealSMS PWNS!! I really like the new 2.0 version. It's awesome and the fact that it's now easy to modify the way it looks using winterboard it's absolutely the BEST third party sms application hands down in my book!

Thanks

I know, the DEMO version is terrible. Hard to tell if it's something I want to use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought 1.3 and upgraded to 2.0 and it wont accept my serial number. I paid for the software and you would think you would just be able to upgrade I emailed irealsms and hope to get a response soon I have been using it as my sms app for months. I hope they will get me a 2.0 number...im in DEMo mode and its very annoying...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I know, the DEMO version is terrible. Hard to tell if it's something I want to use.
    I agree. It seems somewhat buggy to me actually. When I open up to read a new text (even though it says demo), it goes straight to the fullscreen reply screen without letting me read the text. Plus the text input field and send button are way too big. I much prefer their slim counterparts in the original sms app.

Thanks

I was excited about this one, and was considering purchasing it, but by charging for updates, that totally lost my business.
    I will stick with BiteSMS for now, and if they don't update their landscape keyboard anytime soon, I'll most likely be going with MySMS, as they don't charge for updates.

If I hear from the developer that future updates won't cost money, well then.. he will most likely get my business back.
    wwjd

Thanks

Ive got iRealSMS 2.0, and I have to say its impressive. Its fast, its reliable. Its made a good impression on me so far.

Miles better than iRealSMS 1.3.1...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I fixed my problem earlier, not being able to send SMSs by having someone send me an SMS and that seemed to work.

i was able to reply and send out sms after that..

Although it is buggy, somtimes I get the error that I cannot send out SMS, I reboot my phone, then it works...

I'd wait on this one fellas..

Thanks

The creator of iRealSMS is charging previous 1.xx users $6.50 to update to 2.0.
    Your download of 2.0 iRealSMS won't update with your current serial.

I wasted $6.50 on version 1.xxx. This is unacceptable.
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 11-16-2008 at 02:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For a future update is there anyway to add distribution lists.
    I find myself sending group messages to the same ppl a lot and distribution lists would help a lot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

question to those who have the new iRealSMS version 2.0.

when responding to a text you received in landscape mode, can you still see the conversation bubbles as well as the keyboard?

or does the keyboard and the window where you're typing your text message take up the whole screen?

Just wondering, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Demo completely unusable...
    The demo, as others have stated, is complete crap. Because of this, I unfortunately cannot evaluate the app, and therefore will not consider buying it as I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

Why not go the SwirlyMMS route and offer a 14 day free trial? That at least gives users an idea of what they're getting into.

Sorry, no $13 from me.

Thanks

I just wanted to say that I went ahead and purchased the app and I absolutely love it! The interface is simple, clean and easy to use. It looks as if it was an original app that came with the phone but with much more features. I have tried all of the other sms apps out there (bitesms, mysms etc.) and I would definitely recommend this app over the others. What I found most impressive about this app, is how fast it loads and navigates, which is very important to me.

Very impressed!