Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS 2.0 Beta!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    this app is very close to completion. ive been helping the Dev find all the bugs and its a very solid now. it shouldnt be too much longer. conversation mode works amazingly! now you have all the bubbles you want!! lol. ill talk with the Dev and see when he plans to release it.
    Sweet. Keep us updated!
    iLive an iLife

Yeah it definitely needs some updates or a new version beta or whatever. But I will say for the price and the fact that I can forward, I am satisfied. I have been using this for some months now.

looks like it will be released this weekend. i dropped the Dev an email with some bugs i found. he replies fairly quickly. anyway, check out the site:

iRealSMS - your native REAL SMS app on the iPhone

you can get a prerelease if are a site admin. send him an email and you might get a chance to play with it before anyone else does. so that probably means you cash lol.

@Iman07 - Do you know if this upgrade will be free to current owners? Thanks! Cant wait for it.

Considering 1.0 sucked, the dev is almost obligated to make new versions free for people that purchased it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Considering 1.0 sucked, the dev is almost obligated to make new versions free for people that purchased it.
    God forbid an app gets updates right?
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    @Iman07 - Do you know if this upgrade will be free to current owners? Thanks! Cant wait for it.
    my guess is yes. the way he did it is very cool too. so basically after you upgrade a little screen will come up. the usual activate and blah blah. well when you click update it will send your serial number to a database on irealsms and it will search to see if you already purchased a copy of irealsms 1.3. if yes, it will automatically verify it and you dont even have to put in a serial number. thats how it was in my testing. i never had to enter my serial number, it looked it up and verified it automatically. i just sent him an email to be certain about the upgrade but most likely yes!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

bbplayer5 (11-14-2008)

Ya but we are talking about the update being FREE... Try reading.

^
    What is he talking about? I answered the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    ^
    What is he talking about? I answered the question.
    Oops!! was meant for the reply above you!!! My fault...

Sweet! I hope this weekend means Saturday and not Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Thats something Apple would do!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Sweet! I hope this weekend means Saturday and not Sunday at 11:59 p.m
    Saturday at 12:00am
    iLive an iLife

It has good features but in order for this to work it needs to integrate with intellescreen/lockbar and needs to have more customization as far as like bubbles and stuff. great looking app though
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Has it been released? Cydia still has 1.3.1, and their website has no .Deb to download?

I bought iRealSMS and uninstalled it after a few days. Hopefully, I'll finally get my money's worth with 2.0, it's certainly looking good. Until then I recommend biteSMS as an alternate SMS client

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Oops!! was meant for the reply above you!!! My fault...
    A) When is the last time an app update cost money?
    B) The devs arent obligated to do anything, you saw the app, read reviews about it and if you decided to spend money on it after seeing it caused people problems thats your fault, you should have waited to see a more stable version.
    iLive an iLife

I just saw it hit cydia, and im not going to lie, a little disappointed that an UPDATE costs money...

If BigBoss charged for every update he published? He'd be wiping his *** every morning with $100 bills....

eta: Ironically, the update doesn't download properly from Cydia for me, I get a size mismatch error. Also, why is it not being recognized by Cydia as update, but rather as a whole new program? Does that mean we have to uninstall the old 1.1.3? The more info doesn't say anything to that affect...

Thanks for the heads up. I was also waiting for it to show up as an update. I just installed it over the current and all works well. I thought this update would be free as well but I guess since it is a major update from 1.X to 2.X its really a whole new program. If it lives up to the hype, I will happily pay again.

Its well worth the upgrade cost, trust me. I was skeptical but after using it... WOW.. Finally I can replace my SMS.app program!!!

I just have one question though... In a conversation there is a reply button at the bottom, as well as another reply button directly next to it. One of them brings up the keyboard with a standard "Send" button, the other brings up a send button that is big and blue. Anyone know the difference?

Thanks

Ah guys Im so sorry! i reall thought it would be free. he didnt email me back. i guess he was busy fixing up the site. man. im kinda pissed. im not upgrading. im gonna still use the beta. i mean im gonna ask him for a free update but if not, ill stick with the old version of 2.0. practically the same. im obviously upset that everyone, including me, has to pay. sure its a significant update, but $7 is a lot for an app that barely worked the first time. the second time he did it right, but it should of been free.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast