+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings (BossPrefs replacement) Beta Test

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
ya but you cant just bring the dock out with another type of swipe, you have to swipe then push the button, then push the program... its kinda pointless.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

ya but you cant just bring the dock out with another type of swipe, you have to swipe then push the button, then push the program... its kinda pointless.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Was thinking the same thing. I added a few apps to it, then went to use the apps and it took longer to get to them. I like new functionalities, but some don't make the most sense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. I added a few apps to it, then went to use the apps and it took longer to get to them. I like new functionalities, but some don't make the most sense.
    I think the dock in SBSettings works well for apps located 'deep in your springboard.' So, if you want to access an app that is on page 5 of your springboard, you need to scroll down to that page (or you need to open Appflow and get to that app). If you put the app in the SBSettings dock, the access to that particular app is simpler.

Is there a way of adding more toggles to SBSettings?
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I am not seeing the update. I reinstalled cydia, reinstalled the bigboss repo, refreshed the changes section 5 or more times, rebooted the phone and still...nothing.

I had to reinstall the MMI repo and now it shows.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I think the dock in SBSettings works well for apps located 'deep in your springboard.' So, if you want to access an app that is on page 5 of your springboard, you need to scroll down to that page (or you need to open Appflow and get to that app). If you put the app in the SBSettings dock, the access to that particular app is simpler.
    I can understand that. I just don't have a ton of apps (2 SB pages), so it doesn't bother me, but for others, I can understand.

Thanks

I use the dock so it can clear up a few icons. There are some apps that I don't use very often. Once you put it on the dock, it hides them from the springboard.
    wwjd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    I totally disagree, I use some apps like Lockdown, which I dont launch very often after its initially setup. The Status Notifier settings app is the same way.
    Instead of using up Springboard space for that stuff, I put it on the SBSettings dock! And now BossPrefs doesn't use any space either!

This utility is AWESOME, I LOVE IT!!... once the other toggles are added (ie Auto Correction) i'll just love it even more!!

It amazes me how some of you people can STILL find something to b1tch about... Build a better one or shutthehellup and appreciate all the efforts to give you these AWESOME and FREE enhancements to your phone!!! Geeez...

As always, a million thanks from me to the Dev's!!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

Finding stuff deep in my springboard is what categories is for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I created a custom theme to match my SB one.

I tried to have a clean and efficient look (now it's still too crowdy).. for these reason I'd like to have the possibility to disable the ip screen and the icons labels: i.e. if I have a toggle icon with the bluetooth symbol, it's pointless to have a Bluetooth label below it.

Thumbs up for Bigboss!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I've gotten so use to using quickgold that I'll be hard pressed to use anything else. I love the SBsettings, but can see people's points about the dock.

Its apples and oranges, some people will like it some won't, but I don't think anything is trashing the app, just giving opinions. And yeah, I know those are like 'elbows'

For me though, I've got just under 2 pages on my spring board and all other icons are off via sbprefs, and I use quickgold to launch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just wondering.. was there ever a toggle for location services for the original bossprefs? i'm hoping there might be one added for sbsettings. thanks!

Thanks

The dock is really great if you have a lot of apps installed. My apps categories folder can take more than seven seconds to open up. Then I still need to scroll & find the app. With the SBSettings dock, the app is a swipe & 2 presses (3 seconds) from launching.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    The dock is really great if you have a lot of apps installed. My apps categories folder can take more than seven seconds to open up. Then I still need to scroll & find the app. With the SBSettings dock, the app is a swipe & 2 presses (3 seconds) from launching.
    Agreed.

I loved Fastswitch but this has taken the concept to a new level.

It's as if the developer has read my mind as I genuinely cannot fault anything of significance.

Then themes started appearing too. Immense.

mtj
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For some reason the numeric battery isn't working so well for me, is anyone else experiencing this problem? After the update I can get the numeric battery to work but soon afterwards it goes back to the other battery

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm having brightness issues. I love the new brightness toggle, but it doesn't seem to sync with the brightness in the settings menu. So everytime I reboot my phone, it goes back to the settings that specified the iPhone Settings menu.

Not a big bug but can be mildly annoying.

Would love if wifi would give you options if more than one network is available (unless one is already specified).

Love this app though. One of my all time favs.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm having an issue with the dock where the first space is empty and I am only able to select up to 11 apps. Once i choose the 12th app it would tell me I've exceeded the 12 app limit. Anyone seeing the same problem? I tried reinstalling sbsettings and that didn't work
    Last edited by jtesnani; 11-24-2008 at 09:05 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone feelinggetsold's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having the dock crash every time i try to add more applications, i get to the enumerating applications loading screen and then it crashes back to the spring board.

Thanks

Loving this app!! And its cool how people are starting to develop new toggles for it... I know that 2.2 has the auto-correct toggle built in, but I still want the toggle for SBSettings like BossPrefs had.
    It would be nice to toggle it on the fly, rather than having to close my SMS mid-message to launch the native settings app.

Could somebody please write an auto-correct toggle for SBSettings??
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    I'm having an issue with the dock where the first space is empty and I am only able to select up to 11 apps. Once i choose the 12th app it would tell me I've exceeded the 12 app limit. Anyone seeing the same problem? I tried reinstalling sbsettings and that didn't work
    I haven't had the problem, but I'd caution against putting too many apps on the Dock. Use Categories/Poof in tandem with Dock.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I haven't had the problem, but I'd caution against putting too many apps on the Dock. Use Categories/Poof in tandem with Dock.
    thanks for your response. it was an issue with an older version and it was fixed, for me at lease, with one of the recent upgrades. no problems for me with this app=)