+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings (BossPrefs replacement) Beta Test

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by vegasflyby Is there a way to keep SSH from turning on every time I reboot? If you also have BossPrefs, you can configure it such that SSH
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vegasflyby View Post
    Is there a way to keep SSH from turning on every time I reboot?
    If you also have BossPrefs, you can configure it such that SSH does not turn on after reboot. The Configuration button is in the top left corner

EDIT: I just checked and it no longer works. It used to work, but I guess SBSettings overrides the Configuration of BossPrefs. It's pretty annoying that SSH turns on after every reboot. To turn it off from SBSettings, I have to push the SSH button twice. First time, it spins and then remains green. Second time, turns red (and it really goes off, that is, if I try to SSH, it does not allow me). Anyway, it should be fixed. SSH uses up quite a bit of battery, and you want to turn it on only when you need it (not to mention obvious security issues)
    Last edited by marcoiac; 11-04-2008 at 10:13 AM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I absolutely love this app and it has worked near- flawslessly for me. I would definitely like to see a user-extensible system for adding a slider or two to the drop down for things such as screen brightness or what have you. I'd like to be able to adjust the screen brightness without leaving my current app.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    If you also have BossPrefs, you can configure it such that SSH does not turn on after reboot. The Configuration button is in the top left corner

EDIT: I just checked and it no longer works. It used to work, but I guess SBSettings overrides the Configuration of BossPrefs. It's pretty annoying that SSH turns on after every reboot. To turn it off from SBSettings, I have to push the SSH button twice. First time, it spins and then remains green. Second time, turns red (and it really goes off, that is, if I try to SSH, it does not allow me). Anyway, it should be fixed. SSH uses up quite a bit of battery, and you want to turn it on only when you need it (not to mention obvious security issues)
    I have been using Bossprefs since the very first day that I hacked my phone and have not noticed a battery drain using SSH. Keep in mind that if something happens to your phone while you have SSH disabled are looking at a restore instead of an alternative fix via SSH. I had to use it recently when Installer shut my phone down and it saved me from a complete wipe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Keep in mind that if something happens to your phone while you have SSH disabled are looking at a restore instead of an alternative fix via SSH.
    That's true. And indeed, now that you mention it, I am no longer sure about SSH draining the battery. That's what lots of people say, and because of that, I tend to turn it on only when I need it, and then I turn it off. So, you may be right that SSh does not drain the battery noticeably. I'll have to give it a try.

BTW, I think it is better to stay away from Installer these days....
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

WOW! i love this app. this is awesome.

this is the sort of thing totally missing fomr the iphone. just liek i like stacks b.c its quick and overlays over the main springboard. the folder view is great too. it would be aweosme to have categories open like that, also it owuld be sweet to add/remove icons by dragging just like in stacks.

Thanks

One small request: It should close down the same way it opens up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    did you consider restoring your iphone ? :P
    i have re-done it once when my initial upgradation to 2.1 got f***ked. That time cydia didnt work at all (even though the iphone was working perfectly). So the only option was to restore the phone again.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

That's true. And indeed, now that you mention it, I am no longer sure about SSH draining the battery. That's what lots of people say, and because of that, I tend to turn it on only when I need it, and then I turn it off. So, you may be right that SSh does not drain the battery noticeably. I'll have to give it a try.

BTW, I think it is better to stay away from Installer these days....
    Yeah I agree about installer, but I am trying to get rid of that "0" notification it has. I will most likely have to look into just erasing it from my phone.

Thanks

Is there a respring app that will safely respring Springboard, like bossprefs or SBsettings does?
    Reason for this: you've deleted bossprefs as SBSettings rocks, you've gone into safe mode, now SBsettings can't be launched anymore. So I would either have to keep bossprefs for that reason, or get a respring app that does it safely. Anyone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Is there a respring app that will safely respring Springboard, like bossprefs or SBsettings does?
    Reason for this: you've deleted bossprefs as SBSettings rocks, you've gone into safe mode, now SBsettings can't be launched anymore. So I would either have to keep bossprefs for that reason, or get a respring app that does it safely. Anyone?
    Well, there is iReboot, which lets you respring without rebooting (and lets you reboot too). But, I would suggest to keep BossPrefs anyway. There are some features in BossPrefs which are not present in SBSettings. Free disk space info, disabling apple killswitch, and so on. You can get this stuff in other ways too, but BossPrefs is a nice GUI for these things.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well, there is iReboot, which lets you respring without rebooting (and lets you reboot too). But, I would suggest to keep BossPrefs anyway. There are some features in BossPrefs which are not present in SBSettings. Free disk space info, disabling apple killswitch, and so on. You can get this stuff in other ways too, but BossPrefs is a nice GUI for these things.
    SBsettings shows diskspace on the main screen, along with ip addy's

Killswitch disable is under more>extra's

I haven't found anything SB can't do that Boss did.

Thanks

Can it hide apps like BossPrefs?

Reako

Thanks

Yes, it has the option to hide/unhide apps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    SBsettings shows diskspace on the main screen, along with ip addy's

Killswitch disable is under more>extra's

I haven't found anything SB can't do that Boss did.
    You are right about those, I didn't notice! But what about BossPrefs add-ons? For instance, I have an on/off toggle for the syslog file (whic is quite useful) and for keyboards autocorrection in BossPrefs, I haven't seen those in SBSettings.

What troubles me is that the two apps seem to ignore each other. For instance, I had previously disabled the Apple killswitch with BossPrefs. SBSettings seems to ignore this, it's giving me the option of 'disabling' the killswitch, but it's already disabled.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Thanks

The Extra option in SBSettings actually launches a faceless app. If you are in SafeMode, and SBSettings doesn't work, you can still access this faceless Extra app via AppFlow. So if BigBoss can add the respring to this app it will solve the problem.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 707 Posts

When I respring I keep ending up in Safe Mode, anybody got suggestions of how to fix this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i didn't find the directory fix

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

this app keeps opening when my phone rings. if you have a finger on the status screen when your about to slide to unlock it drops down unwantedly lol. sometimes when i try to slide to answer it drops down on me instead of answering my call. its pretty convient for its use, but does get in the way of regular use.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    this app keeps opening when my phone rings. if you have a finger on the status screen when your about to slide to unlock it drops down unwantedly lol. sometimes when i try to slide to answer it drops down on me instead of answering my call. its pretty convient for its use, but does get in the way of regular use.
    Happens to me too! comes down a little too easily!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I think an option to double tap the area, and not swipe may be a good idea. A double tap to open would lessen the times it is mistakenly launched I think.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast