+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 169

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: SBSettings (BossPrefs replacement) Beta Test

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
was there ever a toggle to set autolock to never in bossprefs? if so, i hope it will be available for sbsettings :]
...
  1. #41
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 40 Times in 34 Posts

    was there ever a toggle to set autolock to never in bossprefs? if so, i hope it will be available for sbsettings :]

  2. #42
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This app is amazing. I would like the lock screen button to be on the main screen and not in the power submenu. That way it can be accessed more easily

  3. #43
    iPhoneaholic jrentzke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts

    The only toggles working at the moment are the ones installed. BigBoss is working on the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    Hmm, why not call it Airplane mode instead and use a similar icon that the phone settings have? Now i thought that it was to turn of the phone and only have wireless.
    That's exactly the intention of the phone switch - if you want the phone off but wifi on.
    If you want airplane mode, use the phone switch to turn the phone off, then use the wifi switch to turn wifi off, ergo airplane mode.
    Last edited by jrentzke; 10-30-2008 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #44
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    No. Seems to be normal for me.

  5. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    That's exactly the intention of the phone switch - if you want the phone off but wifi on.
    If you want airplane mode, use the phone switch to turn the phone off, then use the wifi switch to turn wifi off, ergo airplane mode.
    Then atleast i would like to see a real Airplane mode switch. Like the old BossPrefs, before 2.0.

    And If the phone is locked it is still possible to open SBsettings. Would be nice with a option that dont show the app if the phone is locked. Now i sometimes open SBSetting when i have the phone in my pocket, and then i need to close that before i can unlock the phone.

  6. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Battery Drain
    Quote Originally Posted by diggler93 View Post
    Installed this last night and noticed higher than normal battery drain today. Anyone confirm?

    I installed Spore right after SBsettings and I played several times yesterday, it's either one of them or both that drains the battery...


    UPDATE : Heven't played today.....the battery drains faster. But I put my trust in bigboss for an update taht solves this!!!

    P.S SBtoggle = the switches (buttons) in SBsettings

  7. #47
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by plaflamme View Post
    I installed Spore right after SBsettings and I played several times yesterday, it's either one of them or both that drains the battery...


    UPDATE : Heven't played today.....the battery drains faster. But I put my trust in bigboss for an update taht solves this!!!

    P.S SBtoggle = the switches (buttons) in SBsettings
    This is MobileSubstrate based, and is not running on its own. Before you claim your battery draining statement as FACT, please do some PROPER testing, which means having your phone go through the same trials for the same duration of time with both SBSettings installed and uninstalled. There can be NO DEVIATION whatsoever in those trials.

    I am sick of people claiming that everything they install drains battery faster...this gets said about every other app out there. So if you really want to know if it an app drains battery, devote some time and loop your ipod infinitely over an entire day while having that particular app installed/running and uninstalled/not running. If you're not willing to do a test like this, then don't come on forums stating that something drains the battery faster when you do not have conclusive tests/proof to back it up. Saying "I didn't play/run (whatever here) but battery drained faster so it must be (this new installed program)" is not reliable at all, for all we know you could have checked the time on your lock screen 338 times today, thus turning on your screen/backlight, and you could have done that only 40 times the day before. Come on guys...stop making all of these BS battery-draining claims unless you have SOLID proof, it's getting old...

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    App's worked flawlessly for me so far. My only complaint is that I've pulled my phone out of my pocket a few times and sb settings was opened up in my pocket on the lock screen... i'd hate to toggle the phone into lock somehow or another and miss calls etc.

    I'd prefer if you could turn it off on the lock screen. My .02cents. Great app.

  9. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    This is MobileSubstrate based, and is not running on its own. Before you claim your battery draining statement as FACT, please do some PROPER testing, which means having your phone go through the same trials for the same duration of time with both SBSettings installed and uninstalled. There can be NO DEVIATION whatsoever in those trials.

    I am sick of people claiming that everything they install drains battery faster...this gets said about every other app out there. So if you really want to know if it an app drains battery, devote some time and loop your ipod infinitely over an entire day while having that particular app installed/running and uninstalled/not running. If you're not willing to do a test like this, then don't come on forums stating that something drains the battery faster when you do not have conclusive tests/proof to back it up. Saying "I didn't play/run (whatever here) but battery drained faster so it must be (this new installed program)" is not reliable at all, for all we know you could have checked the time on your lock screen 338 times today, thus turning on your screen/backlight, and you could have done that only 40 times the day before. Come on guys...stop making all of these BS battery-draining claims unless you have SOLID proof, it's getting old...

    +1. Also people should realize that when you're out of your coverage areas, your phone is actively seeking for a network and drains your battery faster, plus if you have mail fetch, it will keep polling until it times out and that drains your battery as well.

  10. #50
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxtreme View Post
    +1. Also people should realize that when you're out of your coverage areas, your phone is actively seeking for a network and drains your battery faster, plus if you have mail fetch, it will keep polling until it times out and that drains your battery as well.
    There are also many other reasons why a battery drains fast. I noticed that once in a while after quitting Cydia some mysterious process keeps running on my iPhone (mysterious because I could not identify it after running top and checking the syslog file) even while the iPhone sleeps. Rebooting obviously kills it. I frankly doubt SBSettings drains battery.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

  11. #51
    iPhoneaholic mrblader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    345
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts

    I have had this app installed for about 4 days now and see ZERO DIFFERENCE in my battery life... that dumb*ss who said his battery was draining quickly from playing games after he installed sbsettings is retarded. I hate to put someone down, but frankly if you don't realize playing games on your phone significantly drains your battery, well...... you're retarded.

    GREAT APP!!!!
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

  12. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ASNNetworks View Post
    Remove a repo, then install it back
    Go to manage, packages, and then remove Zodttd repo..Then go to sections, repositories and install is back again...Then refresh and you shouls be up to date again...
    I think it's a bug in Cydia..I have it sometimes aswell...

    If it doesn't work, try it a couple of times

    Good luck...
    i have tried it a couple of times but doesnt work. any other ideas pls.

    update: i wrote to Saurik regarding this problem, upon which i got a reply saying that i should install MobileTerminal and on the command line enter the command apt-get update.
    well i did install mobileterminal but have not been able to figure out how to enter commands. all i get is a black screen and a HUD console pops up everytime i touch the screen.
    so can any1 pls help me out on what exactly am i supposed to do and what Saurik meant.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 11-02-2008 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #53
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    only a black screen ? no command promt ?

    try double tapping the screen, that makes the kb hide/apear (but it shoul start unhidden)

    PD: i too, have faced the mistery procces that stays running 100% of the itme, consuming CPU cicles, slowing (a litle) my phone, and preventing it from going to sleep, i tend to notice cause i go to sleep with a full battery and wake up with less than half of it :P

    some time before i had this problem, but WORSE, cause the process started with the iphone, and never died, so i had to restore.

    i never knew what caused it.

  14. #54
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    Hmm, why not call it Airplane mode instead and use a similar icon that the phone settings have? Now i thought that it was to turn of the phone and only have wireless.
    Agreed. The original post shows the airplane, but the download uses the phone icon? I am going to make my own icons.

  15. #55
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    I noticed this doesn't work when on a phonecall. Can we change this? I wanted to turn on bluetooth quickly without having to go through the settings but I had to do that anyway because it wouldn't open. Other than that, it's a great app and very convenient.

    I did notice that my phone booted into safemode twice in a row about a day after I installed this. It hasn't happened again so I can't conclude that it was this app's fault. It may simply be a coincidence though.

  16. #56
    iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    only a black screen ? no command promt ?

    try double tapping the screen, that makes the kb hide/apear (but it shoul start unhidden)
    yup only a black screen. tapping the screen does hide/unhide the keyboard but i dont get a prompt to type a command. i can spend the whole day tapping the keys without anything showing on the screen. this is really weird and have tried re-installing terminal many times but no use .

  17. #57
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by crashspeeder View Post
    I noticed this doesn't work when on a phonecall. Can we change this? I wanted to turn on bluetooth quickly without having to go through the settings but I had to do that anyway because it wouldn't open. Other than that, it's a great app and very convenient.

    I did notice that my phone booted into safemode twice in a row about a day after I installed this. It hasn't happened again so I can't conclude that it was this app's fault. It may simply be a coincidence though.
    He changed it to where you cannot make any selections while in a phone call. I am not sure why bluetooth would be effected though. Apparently people were shutting off their phone connections with their face on the screen during calls.

  18. #58
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    yup only a black screen. tapping the screen does hide/unhide the keyboard but i dont get a prompt to type a command. i can spend the whole day tapping the keys without anything showing on the screen. this is really weird and have tried re-installing terminal many times but no use .
    did you consider restoring your iphone ? :P

  19. #59
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DrewN209 View Post
    App's worked flawlessly for me so far. My only complaint is that I've pulled my phone out of my pocket a few times and sb settings was opened up in my pocket on the lock screen... i'd hate to toggle the phone into lock somehow or another and miss calls etc.

    I'd prefer if you could turn it off on the lock screen. My .02cents. Great app.
    Works great, but I have the same issues when I am answering calls on my phone. I plan to uninstall it until this gets fixed.

  20. #60
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Is there a way to keep SSH from turning on every time I reboot?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts