+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LogoMe - Change your iPod touch or iPhone's boot logo without restoring!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
This is a BETA release and hence is not officially hosted by any repository yet. You'll have to install it manually. This is a jailbreak only application (and hence is
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default LogoMe - Change your iPod touch or iPhone's boot logo without restoring!
    This is a BETA release and hence is not officially hosted by any repository yet. You'll have to install it manually.

This is a jailbreak only application (and hence is only available on the first gen iPod touch, iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G).

This is a pretty basic GUI wrapped around the core functionality. If you'd like more features, it would be cool if you showed your interest by making a small donation to me ([email protected]). Thanks!

Manual Install Instructions
    -------------------------

1. Download http://www.iphone-dev.org/planetbeing/LogoMe.deb and scp it to your iPhone (e.g., at /var/root/LogoMe.deb)

2. As root, over SSH or Terminal.app, type in "apt-get install curl" if you don't have libcurl installed.

3. As root, over SSH or Terminal.app, run "dpkg -i /var/root/LogoMe.deb"

4. You may have to restart SpringBoard or the iPhone for the app to show up on SpringBoard.

Usage Instructions
    ------------------

1. Connect to the Internet with your device (Wi-Fi or 3G or EDGE).

2. Open LogoMe.

3. Wait for some files to download (this only has to happen once).

4. Type in the URL of the boot logo you want on the second tab (for now, it has to be accessible on the web somewhere).

5. Optionally push the Preview button on the third tab (to see what it will look like before installing).

6. Push the Install Logo button on the third tab.

7. Restart your device.

Warning: If you ignore the warning about the logo being too big, you run the risk of having to restore your device. As a beta, not all the "guard-rails" have been put in.

Orignal Poster PlanetBeing from iPodtouchfans

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iMacMar For This Useful Post:

BJD3 (02-25-2009), jwcrash (04-09-2009), mrblader (10-18-2008), Wait...What? (10-18-2008)

Thanks

sweet. Now we just need a webspace here with some logos hosted... or can we use a pic from any site that has backgrounds for the iphone? Just not sure what the dimensions are. instaling it now

btw, what kind of files is this app compatible with? gif? jpg? png?

Update: Just tried it, and it works like a charm. Boot logo is changed! Great App, Ive been waiting to be able to change the boot logo again since 1.1.4
    Last edited by reznor9; 10-17-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks

I can't get it to show up on the springboard. I've followed instructions to a "T", and nothing. Here is my process:
    • SCP LogoMe.deb to /var/root.
    • SSH and apt-get install curl (I did not have it installed).
    • dpkg -i /var/root/LogoMe.deb.
    • killall springboard (does not show up)
    • reboot (does not show up)
    • shutdown and boot. (you guessed it lol, does not show up)
    I've got iPhone 3G Jailbroken (QuickPWN) 2.1. I have tons of Cydia and Appstore apps installed with no problems

EDIT: I added it to the dock inside of BossPrefs, it launches and then crashes before I can see any part of the app. I also tried changing the permissions of the folder and it's contents to 755, no go.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 10-17-2008 at 11:16 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Wait...What? (10-18-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I can't get it to show up on the springboard. I've followed instructions to a "T", and nothing. Here is my process:
    • SCP LogoMe.deb to /var/root.
    • SSH and apt-get install curl (I did not have it installed).
    • dpkg -i /var/root/LogoMe.deb.
    • killall springboard (does not show up)
    • reboot (does not show up)
    • shutdown and boot. (you guessed it lol, does not show up)
    I've got iPhone 3G Jailbroken (QuickPWN) 2.1. I have tons of Cydia and Appstore apps installed with no problems

EDIT: I added it to the dock inside of BossPrefs, it launches and then crashes before I can see any part of the app. I also tried changing the permissions of the folder and it's contents to 755, no go.
    go into bossprefs and respring the springboard. The icon should show up. Then try it again

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

Geauxn (11-16-2008), Wait...What? (10-18-2008)

Thanks

^^ I did... I used Terminal.app to install one last time (First I used WinSCP and then PuTTy). Works great now

Also, for anyone trying to troubleshoot: DO NOT change the permissions. There is a part of the app that needs SU, and changing the permissions will screw that up. If it does not work, attempt this (what I did):
    • Re D/L the file, get it to your phone. Be sure to put it into /var/root
    • Go into Cydia and check to see if you have cURL.
      • Under the installed package list, make sure that it is in 'expert', this is in the top right corner.
      • If you do not have cURL, search it in Cydia, install it and reboot (just to be safe).
    • Use Terminal.app (yes, from your phone). Don't have it? Get it via Cydia.
      • Type su and then alpine for the password.
      • Next, type dpkg -i /var/root/LogoMe.deb NOTE: It IS cASe SenSitIvE.
      • now type killall SpringBoard Again, remember case!
    That's what I did and it worked.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 10-18-2008 at 04:40 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Wait...What? (10-18-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Just to be safe, type su
    Not just to be safe, you HAVE to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    Not just to be safe, you HAVE to.
    Thanks for the correction?

Thanks

Hey guys i have been trying to install this app, I have cURL installed, but when i run the dpkg -i command i get this:

/var/root$ dpkg -i /var/root/LogoMe.deb
    (Reading database ... 8891 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking com.complicatedstuff.logome (from /var/root/LogoMe.deb) ...
    dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
    dpkg: error processing /var/root/LogoMe.deb (--install):
    subprocess dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/root/LogoMe.deb

Any ideas why?

Thanks

What app are you using to enter the commands? Have you tried reinstalling cURL (It shouldn't affect the install of LogoMe though)? Also, what f/w are you on, and is it a iPT or an iPhone? Give us as much info as you can please

Thanks

I'm using terminal .... yes i did reinstall cURL, and I'm on f/w 2.1 - iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks it works great! At first the icon didn't show up on SpringBoard so put it on the BossPrefs dock, but it wouldn't open all the way. After a quick respring using BossPrefs all is well! Will definitely donate, I've been waiting for something like this for a while.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My logo isn't even showing up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So what happens when your power and home button dont work unless in a force reboot???

Anything u guys can tell me???
    Im ipod touch, 1g, 8gb, f/w 2.1, jailbroken quickpwn on windows and i had already replaced boot logo. If i put it back to itunes or quickpwn, can i put somthing else so i dobt have to re hailbreak or wrse, restore?!?!? Help plz
    My ipod is like oxygen, without it i can not breath, to help me breathe, slowly move your mouse cursor to the thanks button... <(-.-)>

Green Apple
    Thanks

What is the URL to download the Logo? When I hit the "Select logo" button, its waiting for me to enter a URL. Any ideas?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to artjr For This Useful Post:

Wait...What? (10-20-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ok its on cydia how do you use this and will it work for both the boot logo and restore logo?
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

theres a missing information detail here..
    i uploaded the logos i found on various sites and two of them are especially boot and recovery named . i put up the web dress including "http://" www.osmanerkul.co.cc/bootlogos/ when i put the slash it tells unsupported web etc .when i add /boot.png it says downloadign necessary files and does nothing ..the third tab is passive ..

so any clues where i am going wrong ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradencompton View Post
    So what happens when your power and home button dont work unless in a force reboot???

Anything u guys can tell me???
    Im ipod touch, 1g, 8gb, f/w 2.1, jailbroken quickpwn on windows and i had already replaced boot logo. If i put it back to itunes or quickpwn, can i put somthing else so i dobt have to re hailbreak or wrse, restore?!?!? Help plz
    i have the same problem as him, same firmware and same ipod touch, if anybody could help at all, much thanks in advance.

EDIT: just removed LogoMe from Cydia, same problem as him still yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rjrocks32 View Post
    i have the same problem as him, same firmware and same ipod touch, if anybody could help at all, much thanks in advance.

EDIT: just removed LogoMe from Cydia, same problem as him still yet.
    Can u guys turn your ipod off then before it reboots let go of buttons, after hit the power button and see what happens, mine turns on... Rj or anyone else tell me i u have pmed the maker and let me no if he has replied back...
    My ipod is like oxygen, without it i can not breath, to help me breathe, slowly move your mouse cursor to the thanks button... <(-.-)>

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bradencompton For This Useful Post:

rjrocks32 (10-19-2008)

Thanks

well... where do i begin... i manually installed this program yesterday. I noticed an upgrade in cydia today. after using this app yesterday, adding a boot logo, I upgraded today (for some reason. i usually dont upgrade if i dont need to) but while i was upgrading along with MiVtone (which i didnt realize i had on my phone) while i was upgrading both through cydia, my "low battery 20%" came up and i got an error while upgrading in cydia.... i was able to leave cydia and wanted to restart my phone..... WELL WHEN I DID SO, my phone is stuck on the boot logo......

NEED SOME HELP HERE! can i remove the app, letting my phone reboot to springbord or is there a restore, for me, in order???

well... where do i begin... i manually installed this program yesterday. I noticed an upgrade in cydia today. after using this app yesterday, adding a boot logo, I upgraded today (for some reason. i usually dont upgrade if i dont need to) but while i was upgrading along with MiVtone (which i didnt realize i had on my phone) while i was upgrading both through cydia, my "low battery 20%" came up and i got an error while upgrading in cydia.... i was able to leave cydia and wanted to restart my phone..... WELL WHEN I DID SO, my phone is stuck on the boot logo......

NEED SOME HELP HERE! can i remove the app, letting my phone reboot to springbord or is there a restore, for me, in order???
    Last edited by mrblader; 10-19-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast