Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LogoMe - Change your iPod touch or iPhone's boot logo without restoring!

I installed this from cydia... followed all instructions on how to download boot logo ...i used bklyn java's
    boot logo and i got a message file to big, u hit continue and now i have a blank screen when i reboot the phone...It boots up fine but no logo at all.

any ideas???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    This program is VERY buggy at the moment. It worked fine for me for the first day, although I noticed I couldnt press power button afterwards, and then eventually it crashed my phone. I was stuck on boot logo and forced to restore. I would recommend NOT using this app.
    There was a problem with the beta release for the iPod touch only that flashed an older device tree and made the physical buttons not work. No similar problem exists for the iPhone. There is no such problem with the release version that's on Cydia. I've removed the raw debian package linked to in the OP here so people don't attempt to install the app manually.

Since no part of the application affects the iPhone/iPod after the thing is booted (it just changes the NOR firmware, not the OS) it can't "eventually crash" your phone.

If people installed this application and rebooted fine and then subsequently installed and/or uninstalled other applications that broke the boot, wouldn't it be more logical to suppose the other applications are at fault?

Banned
    Thanks

i installed this via cydia,
    I already had the pineapple, however I uploaded my image to imageshack, put the url in and vola, worked like a charm!!!

I even uninstalled the app- (cause I dont need it anymore obviously)
    and the logo stays!

Thank you for this app!
    This is so much easier then any other method thus far!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by planetbeing View Post
    There was a problem with the beta release for the iPod touch only that flashed an older device tree and made the physical buttons not work. No similar problem exists for the iPhone. There is no such problem with the release version that's on Cydia. I've removed the raw debian package linked to in the OP here so people don't attempt to install the app manually.

Since no part of the application affects the iPhone/iPod after the thing is booted (it just changes the NOR firmware, not the OS) it can't "eventually crash" your phone.

If people installed this application and rebooted fine and then subsequently installed and/or uninstalled other applications that broke the boot, wouldn't it be more logical to suppose the other applications are at fault?
    so the release now listed on Cydia should not affect iPod Touch's physical buttons negatively?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    i installed this via cydia,
    I already had the pineapple, however I uploaded my image to imageshack, put the url in and vola, worked like a charm!!!

I even uninstalled the app- (cause I dont need it anymore obviously)
    and the logo stays!

Thank you for this app!
    This is so much easier then any other method thus far!
    Can anyone co-sign on this? I have a phone (2G) and I want to change the boot logo bad but I dont want to have to restore/re-jailbreak/etc since I used a friends Mac to jailbreak my phone in the first place. I am seconds away from downloading the app. from Cydia and just trying it out.

I have an iPhone 3G, on the latest f/w JB w/ QuickPWN and I can attest that this app works fine for me . I hope there will be an update soon to allow the use of local images or to have a 'library' of images that one downloads/transfers to iPhone. I am using the Cydia version, though I started w/ the DEB that was available via PlanetBeing. And because the app mods the NOR, it can be uninstalled after one applies the boot image they want. Personally, I kept the app b/c ya never know when you'll have the desire for a dif or stock image...

Thanks for a great app! .
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I have an iPhone 2G[first one], latest FW, jailbroken and it worked great.

thanks!
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Unhappy help me please
    im looking for the original boot logo of apple, i have pwnage my iphone and i would like to change it to the original one, does anyone knows where i can find it?

thanks ill appriciate

werordz

Thanks

Check the downloads section of this site.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Can anyone co-sign on this? I have a phone (2G) and I want to change the boot logo bad but I dont want to have to restore/re-jailbreak/etc since I used a friends Mac to jailbreak my phone in the first place. I am seconds away from downloading the app. from Cydia and just trying it out.

i dont see why ud be worried, use QuickPwn to jailbreak. there is no need for a mac.

i have a 3g on 2.1 and i download the png and the third button remains inert no matter how many times i tap on it, from cydia, any suggestions?

Have you tried different pics?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I am ul'n my images to my photobucket but it won't dl it
    Image of Win Pwned - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Someone could tuto this? Pleeeaaase

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Have you tried different pics?
    yep two different ones off my mobile me .Mac - iDisk and .Mac - iDisk both download but do nothing after that

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmith9147 View Post
    yep two different ones off my mobile me .Mac - iDisk and .Mac - iDisk both download but do nothing after that
    thats b/c theres nothing there

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I am using this

http://www.tinyurl.com/6o3d78
    (gives me a complaint about size, but it still works)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to defmute For This Useful Post:

laz305 (11-01-2008)

I figured out what I was doing wrong, wrong link lol here is a few I like so far

Code:
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o264/lazarus305/winpwned-1.png

Code:
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o264/lazarus305/OSXBL.jpg

Code:
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o264/lazarus305/JailBroken.png

20. The Following User Says Thank You to laz305 For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (11-02-2008)

Thanks

I retract my previous statement as logome works perfectly for me. I guess I had bad luck with the pre-cydia beta.

Banned
    Thanks

here r a few I use....

U might get a size notification but they work fine.

if anyone has requests... post em up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -benz.png   -logoblue.png   -umbrella_corp.png   -happy.png   -eye.png  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast