Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mobilechat 1.0b1 release

Default mobilechat 1.0b1 release
    it's cool. the only things i could ask for right off the bat:
    1. vibrate option
    2. notifications (the little bubbles that show up on the springboard to show missed messages)

other than that, i dig it.

edit: also, sometimes it takes an extended period of time to receive messages...using the same accounts on apollo im seemed much quicker in transfer of messages.
    Last edited by spliket; 09-04-2007 at 02:01 PM.

I'm trying this also. My biggest question is, why does my Buddy List not show up? When the app opens the screen is completely blank.

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    I'm trying this also. My biggest question is, why does my Buddy List not show up? When the app opens the screen is completely blank.
    that's a good question. mine showed up on the first try.

The missed msg announcement only shows up once you return to the program. I like the red circle next to the icon in Apollo. For that matter why can't we have the red circle thing in the buddy list to show the number of missed messages? If you miss a message and you click on the icon, you should be taken to that conversation, first one alphabetically if you miss more than one.

This bugs me the same way in SMS, I want to be able to click on the conversation field to get rid of the keyboard. Apollo does this. Then if we click on the message field it brings the kboard back up.

It needs to retain whatever we were typing in the field regardless of whether I hid the keyboard, when to another chat, answered a call, or when to another application.

"New IM" button isn't necessary since you can just click on the person's name.

Looking forward to the Battle of the IM Clients.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    "New IM" button isn't necessary since you can just click on the person's name.

This feature is for when you need to msg someone who isn't on your list

Does "new im" work for anyone else? It doesnt work for me.

Also when using this, if you enter +1 and then someones mobile number, (+17035551212) you send a message to that persons phone. You can save many many text messages this way.
    Last edited by meandub; 09-04-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This program works much better for me than the Apollo one. I did experience a little slower message transfer time. It does have vibrate and tone but no notifications...yet. My buddy list came up the first time, unlike Apollo, and did not crash...yet.