Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Final Testing] WbApp v0.82

Default [Final Testing] WbApp v0.82
    [RELEASED] WbApp v0.82, now with many new component previews.

To preview items other than icons all you have to do is set the theme as an Extra, press back to go back to the list view then select the theme again. Once a theme has been flagged as an Extra WbApp skips the icons and looks for other theme components to show you.

Here they are, in priority:
    HTML wallpapers: First a Wallpaper.html file. Next a Widget.html file. Use the HTML toggle switch to turn off the html preview to see items under the wallpaper. Note: only ONE html file will be previewed, the first one found.
    Battery image: Displays on the upper section of the theme preview. UI Components: A pop-up alert window w/buttons along with these three buttons; Slide to Unlock, Slide to Answer and Slide to Turn Off appear on the lower section.
    On the flip side we have: UI Sound components: New Voicemail, New Mail, SMS - Horn, Lock and Unlock sounds. If there are no sounds in the theme WbApp looks for a Keyboard and displays a preview of it.

If any of the new components are not available for preview then text is displayed stating exactly that.

PS If say a battery theme named "Mac Battery" doesn't preview, trust me it won't work when you install it either

See screenshots below

Change log:
    Note: if the version is not listed it was not released.

v0.82 Revised "Extra" previews to show previews of the battery, a pop-up alert window, three "slide to" buttons along with keyboard and the ability to play five sound files.

v0.78 Revised the "+Patch" button to only display if the theme contains an "Icons" folder. Revised the WbWeather Widget info panel.

Screenshots:

WbApp:

Preview the theme, set as Extra (as shown), tap the back button and then preview the theme again.

Text displayed under keyboard preview has been changed to "Keyboard Preview (scale 80%)

(Why the heck does my MonoChrome theme have a "Rainbow" battery???)

Released soon on Cydia
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 10-17-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    White 3G

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

GodzillaAteMyiPhone (10-31-2008), jabbawalkee (10-17-2008), netuser (10-18-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Love it. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

CyberGreg,

I just installed the new version of WbApp and it always crashes when I launch it. I thought it was a permission issue, but i think I changed all possible permissions (if there is some specific permission you have in mind, please ask) and it still does it. I am running 2.1 on a 1st gen iphone, and with the latest WinterBoard. Any clue?
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Same here...
    Hi there,

we need to reboot, that's it.

EDIT: To CyberGreg: There is a funny thing going on, and I don't seem to be able to fix it. My Status Bar Tiny Weather Widget displays my local weather info on the status bar (as usual), but also, underneath it, I can see the weather info of San Marcos, which seems the default weather info. Why is that? It's very annoying, there must be something in the new version that should be de-selected, but what is it?

EDIT2: oddly enough, if I go to WinterBoard and de-select WbWeatherWidget, the status bar displays my weather info and the San Marcos weather info has disappeared. This must be related to something I have done for previous versions of WbApp, Status Bar Notifier, etc, in which I copied some files and folders to add widget functionality to my current theme.
    Last edited by marcoiac; 10-18-2008 at 12:17 AM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

WbApp is linked to WinterBoard, so if you haven't updated WinterBoard but you install the new WbApp, it will install the new WinterBoard.

Regarding the odd weather, the install replaces the WbWeatherWidget.theme folder, which will over write your current weather config. However, all you should have to do is open up WbApp, select the WbWeather Wdgt, flip and confirm your old settings are still there, tap the save button and it will write out your settings back to the theme. respring and you should be good to go.

Now, if you have mucked around and copied pieces of the weather widget theme to other themes, then,um... you're responsible for fixing it

The new app does have a new id, that's why it doesn't show up as an update to the old WbApp <- that might be why some might need a respring, sorry... I had to change the id.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 10-18-2008 at 04:00 AM.
    White 3G

i cant install it correctly
    all the time i tried to install i get the error message
    subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 126

when i install it temporarly i cant change the weather region
    all the time i get the weather from san marcos ??

CYberGreg just one word : This update is : AMAZING i love it, the soudn prview rock, the battery, keybooard, slider and pop message preveiw is awesome. Thanks so much for making such a great App. We can thank you enough for this great work you do for us.

Keep it up

Now after some quick using of WbApp, i noticed some missing stuff you may think of adding in next version no preview appear for all stull for Status bar, like signal bars, wifi image, battery image, etc...

Also anyway to add a 2nd page for sound preview so that we can have more then 5 sounds ?

Thanks again for you big effort and time you pass for us

@NoLimit - I'm sorry you are having problems but I can't help. It sounds like a problem with your device and you won't like what I'm going to suggest. Yup, do a full restore and either make a new image w/Pwned or use QuickPwn again. Good luck

@NetUser - thanks! re: the other stuff, you know I was actually thinking that maybe a web based preview (using css) might be cool but it has many, severe draw backs. The first being I'd have to include almost an entire "stock" theme otherwise the previews would be missing components and look like crap. Second, I love programming but not so much with html I was thinking about making the sound items be user selectable but still keep it to 5 items. I'm trying to keep the app small and lightweight so it is fun to use and fast. The more extra stuff I add, the more complexity it adds to the app.

Edit: @marcoiac - thanks for the comments about the Weather Widget, I can easily correct it on the next update so you won't have to go into the Widget utility and save your prefs again.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 10-18-2008 at 08:49 AM.
    White 3G

i guess im retarded but how do you change the weather widget information

and ps i never had the widget installed before
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    i guess im retarded but how do you change the weather widget information

and ps i never had the widget installed before
    lol - not retarded...

Tap the "Util: WbWeather Wdgt" item, read the screen then tap it or the "Flip" button. Now fill in your info. If you want to use Yahoo as the source make sure you use a zip code. Tap the "Save:..." button. Press Back.

Now you have two choices:
    1. Just load the weather widget and no theme - scroll down until you see the theme labeled "WbWeatherWidget", tap it and then tap the "Install this theme".
    2. It you want to add this as a prefs (either toggle switch or always on). Tap "Util: Prefs" item - if you always want the weather widget on, tap the first empty button and use the picker to select the "WbWeatherWidget" theme. If you want it as one of your 4 toggle switches, then tap the "Flip" button to access the flip side. Now select one of the four buttons and use the picker to select the "WbWeatherWidget" theme. Remember to tap the "Save..." button on either panel to save your settings.

Jesus! is it really this hard.... sorry, that 's a comment for ME, not you.
    White 3G

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Regarding the odd weather, the install replaces the WbWeatherWidget.theme folder, which will over write your current weather config. However, all you should have to do is open up WbApp, select the WbWeather Wdgt, flip and confirm your old settings are still there, tap the save button and it will write out your settings back to the theme. respring and you should be good to go.

Now, if you have mucked around and copied pieces of the weather widget theme to other themes, then,um... you're responsible for fixing it
    Fair enough about mucking around...

However, I initially did exactly what you said, opened up WbApp, selected WbWeatherWdget, checked that my old settings were there, saved, and respring (resprung? whatever...). Still, the San Marcos weather was underneath my local weather. Only when I de-selected the WbWeatherWidget from WinterBoard the San Marcos weather disappeared. It makes me think that new version was reading off the San Marcos weather from some .js file somewhere in my iPhone. I doubt it was doing it from the file I previously copied over my theme folder, because that file should be set for my local weather. The hypothesis that makes more sense is that it was reading it off the .js file installed by the latest WbApp. But then why the WbApp WbWeatherWidget was showing my settings? Weird

When I have time to look into my iPhone I'll check and will let you know.

Anyway, very cool app, previews are really cool, too bad many elements can't be previewed yet. Are you planning to expand preview capability or is it sort of impossible for those elements that are not previewed yet?

EDIT: I actually just checked, and it is as I thought: the configureMe.js file in the new WbWeatherWidget folder still has the zip code 92078 (which I assume is San Marcos), whereas the configureME.js file in my modded theme folder has my ZIP code. However, when I open WbApp and look into the settings of WbWeatherWidget, I read my ZIP code! How does that work?

EDIT2: I do have a hypothesis on how this is possible. In WinterBoard, my modded theme is above the WbWeatherWidget theme. So, I think WbApp reads off the first configureMe.js file it encounters in the WinterBoard hierarchy, and that's what gets displayed in the WbWeatherWidget GUI. Am I right?
    Last edited by marcoiac; 10-18-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Edit: actually I was thinking about all that has happened - you should first and foremost reinstall WbApp. I'm pretty sure you've broken the unix command functions that WbApp (based on your note that WbApp didn't update the configureMe.js file) uses and reinstalling should fix your permissions problem.

Here's the code regarding the configureMe.js file:
    Quote Originally Posted by WbApp Code
    NSString *theJSFile = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@/Library/Preferences/com.WbApp.configureMe.txt", NSHomeDirectory()];

// copy the file to the theme folder
    NSString *targetPath = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"/Library/Themes/WbWeatherWidget.theme/Private/configureMe.js"];
    NSString *sourcePath = theJSFile;
    NSString *cmd = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"/Applications/WbApp.app/mycp "%@" "%@"", sourcePath, targetPath];
    YOUR weather settings are stored in a plist file in the preferences folder. The only time they are written out to the configureMe.js file is when you tap the "Save..." button. The ONLY file updated is the configureMe.js file located in the WbWeatherWidget.theme folder.

If you duplicated the entire WbWeatherWidget.theme folder, or it's contents then that widget will not be updated. In my instructions it says to point your html code to pull FROM the WbWeatherWidget.theme, not copy anything from it.

To ensure your widget is working properly, I would suggest you load just that with WinterBoard and then use WbApp to make a change to your weather config, save and then respring. That should certainly work as I just tested on both my iPod and iPhone. (screenshots if you need them ). Once you have verified that you can now try loading additional themes. Good luck I hope you can get your problem corrected.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 10-18-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    White 3G

i rebooted my phone at least 10 times reinstalled and still crashes when i try to open app, please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilzone View Post
    i rebooted my phone at least 10 times reinstalled and still crashes when i try to open app, please help!!
    Sorry... about the only thing I can suggest: uninstall WbApp, reboot then install WbApp. If you install WbApp without an older version, the install works fine (just tested on my iPod).

Good luck
    White 3G

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Edit: actually I was thinking about all that has happened - you should first and foremost reinstall WbApp. I'm pretty sure you've broken the unix command functions that WbApp (based on your note that WbApp didn't update the configureMe.js file) uses and reinstalling should fix your permissions problem.
    You are right. I reinstalled, change a parameter in the settings just for testing purposes, saved, and checked the configureMe.js file. It was indeed updated. Thanks
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to marcoiac For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (10-19-2008)

GREAT! Thanks for the update... and thanks for being patient with me as we worked through the problem.

Have fun!
    White 3G

Thanks for the help, still cant seem to get it working. I did what you suggested and still crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by lilzone View Post
    Thanks for the help, still cant seem to get it working. I did what you suggested and still crashes?
    Uninstall and then respring. Reinstall, with v0.84 you should not have any problems.
    White 3G

Ok i got a question, I am using the wbweather widget, works great accurate and all but its kinda faded in the status bar, how can I make it brighter, or white, I noticed when I click on an app to open something it turns brighter, how can I make that all the time be brighter

Thanks all
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast