Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launchesforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
I've learnt a few things in the last couple of weeks since releasing iAno :- 1) Don't use images of iPhones in your logo or Apple sends you a "Cease...
02-28-2008, 10:24 AM #1"iAno" has been rebranded "Pianist" and has a new update coming soon
I've learnt a few things in the last couple of weeks since releasing iAno :-
1) Don't use images of iPhones in your logo or Apple sends you a "Cease & Desist" letter.
2) Don't call your application "iAno" or you get a large number of emails each day from Spanish people using the word "anus".
3) Don't trust reports that GooglePages has no bandwidth restriction.
Because of all this, the new version of iAno has been replaced by a brand new application (looking spookily similar) called "Pianist". This supercedes your current install of iAno (or not, if you are Spanish prude), which you'll need to manually uninstall.
I have also moved the iAno website to a new domain and host, here- http://moocowmusic.com/
Drop by and say hi on the forum.
Changes in the new version, other than the rebranding, are:-
- Volume is now related to the volume of the iPhone. So you can turn it up to a decent level.
- The samples are found using a path with a "~" for better 1.1.3 (and up) compatability. This should solve most of the "no sound" errors.
- The App performs an initial check that the the required system and sample files are present in the Media partition, and shows an error message if they are not. This means you can distinguish between installation errors, and merely not having the correct audio settings on your device.
- Samples have been faded in and out to reduce clicking.
- Help pages and logo have been redesigned to look more professional.
The new version should be available for download in the next few days.
A future update (no release date yet) will contain all the stuff I was halfway through implementing before the C&D turned up:-
- 88 Key keyboard with sounds sampled from a real piano.
- Scroll through the keyboard key by key (or jump and octave) so you are not limited to starting at C or F.
02-28-2008, 11:25 AM #2
I saw your youtube clip of playing the drum and must say I was out of words. Wow super you should become a profesional drum player if you not already are. I can't wait for the release. And you have been thanked by me. I was first :-) Keep up the great work.
Well just saw your other post, I guess it wasn't you playing the drums. It doesn't matter you are still very good at writing apps.
Last edited by iBlade; 02-28-2008 at 11:30 AM.Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
02-28-2008, 03:17 PM #32) Don't call your application "iAno" or you get a large number of emails each day from Spanish people using the word "anus".
Last edited by whot; 02-28-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
02-28-2008, 07:39 PM #4
Please post the manual download for the pianist update here in a .zip file
my wifi is rather slow
keep up the good work
03-05-2008, 12:49 PM #5
great application I myself and my son are piano players my wife a chellist,we really appreciate your great effort.
just a suggestion though,is there a way that when you are at one of the edges of the piano the octav changes automaticaly?.
03-07-2008, 10:13 AM #6
Now it has been re branded yet again, this time by apple themselves as "Kalimba"