Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RELEASE: iSwitcher v0.80

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure with the iswitcher.zip file on a mac all you have to do is change the extension from .zip to .pxl and when you open it it will open up breezy.

Quote Originally Posted by lilscrappydew25 View Post
    I'm pretty sure with the iswitcher.zip file on a mac all you have to do is change the extension from .zip to .pxl and when you open it it will open up breezy.
    Yup exactly. Sometimes I've had to right-click and choose Save download file as... Safari wants to display the .pxl file instead of saving as a download.
    White 3G

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

iphonejeff (09-05-2007)

Default terminal
    terminal is not letting me execute that script anymore...says something like it doesn't exist....i updated to a new version and it says something about summerboard when you first open it

Cybergreg Thanks.. I was able to save it to my desktop as a pxl bundle and install it in Breezy. Maybe I missed something but now when I lauch iSwitcher and click on a theme is says. 'please wait while the new theme loads " version 0.81 .. But it never loads. Is there something else I need to change? Thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by chevyridah2007 View Post
    terminal is not letting me execute that script anymore...says something like it doesn't exist....i updated to a new version and it says something about summerboard when you first open it
    Wow, that's really odd - I'm not running SummerBoard now but when I did, iSwitcher worked fine. How did you install iSwitcher, with Breezy/iBrickr or manually? Please clarify, "terminal"? Are you trying to run the MakeTheme command? If you are just switching themes, you can't do that from Terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by noosphere View Post
    Cybergreg Thanks.. I was able to save it to my desktop as a pxl bundle and install it in Breezy. Maybe I missed something but now when I lauch iSwitcher and click on a theme is says. 'please wait while the new theme loads " version 0.81 .. But it never loads. Is there something else I need to change? Thanks again for your help
    Do you have either the BSD utilities or the Binkit installed? This version still uses a couple of unix utilities and while they are included in the .pxl package, we might have to chmod +x them. The quick fix might be to go HERE and download the Binkit .pxl package and then just install that. It will save you from digging around with ssh or Terminal. It's like #3 BinKit v0.6
    White 3G

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

noosphere (09-05-2007)

CyberGreg that did the trick! Thanks so much for you help. THis app rocks! Now I just have to learn how to switch on the fly and add my own themes.

Nevermind... I just installed iLauncher. Works like a charm! Thanks again for the awesome app!
    Last edited by noosphere; 09-05-2007 at 03:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    ...But, i am still trying to find out how edit plist files and re-save as .plist files on Vista...I was able to ask a friend to edit mine on his Mac. Hopefully someone can come up with an app to do this.
    The plist files I looked at appear to be just xml files, which my notepad inserts tons of crap into, so I just opened them up in dreamweaver. Probably overkill, but it works nicely.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by absolutzombie View Post
    The plist files I looked at appear to be just xml files, which my notepad inserts tons of crap into, so I just opened them up in dreamweaver. Probably overkill, but it works nicely.
    I found an easy way of editing the info.plist file now. Installed MobileFinder and TextEdit to the phone..from there..just go the file and make the editing then save it again.

I love it, great work. Works great with summerboard too. I was going to ask a question about why iSwicher was limiting the number of apps on the springboard / summerboard. But now it works fine, maybe the update. I know I could use iLauncher, but it sure is nice to be able to just scroll down to the app that I want. Especially with allot of apps.

Is there a place to trade themes yet? Or if I was to search a library of themes, like mmi, how could I search for iSwicher themes? I was thinking by ".plx" but they would be zipped I think.

Does the project have a main page?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by easyb View Post
    I love it, great work. Works great with summerboard too. I was going to ask a question about why iSwicher was limiting the number of apps on the springboard / summerboard. But now it works fine, maybe the update. I know I could use iLauncher, but it sure is nice to be able to just scroll down to the app that I want. Especially with allot of apps.

Is there a place to trade themes yet? Or if I was to search a library of themes, like mmi, how could I search for iSwicher themes? I was thinking by ".plx" but they would be zipped I think.

Does the project have a main page?

Thanks again
    Thanks

iSwitcher Themes - download section

I'm working on a "How-To" guide for making your own iSwitcher themes.

I finally got the project post on google code and once I figure out how to 'svnsync', the source code will be there too. Link here. This is where the guide will be posted.
    White 3G

greg, just wanted to stop by and say thanks a lot for this application. I was using it before switching to summerboard. I know that some of the themes are compatible with summerboard. But i plan on making my own themes for myself, cant wait for a tut on creating your own themes!! Thanks for all the work

Since I've been runnin Summerboard it take a lot longer for the spinning cursor to be displayed. Any ideas?
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Since I've been runnin Summerboard it take a lot longer for the spinning cursor to be displayed. Any ideas?
    Hmm nothing comes to mind. The only real difference is the very first time you load a theme, it takes about 10-15 seconds to backup all your icons and make the zip file. After that, each theme that loads checks and if the backup is done, it skips it.

iSwitcher tip: to force it to perform another full backup, simply delete this file:
    /var/root/Media/Themes/1.thm/DisplayOrder.plist

Quote Originally Posted by speedemonV12 View Post
    greg, just wanted to stop by and say thanks a lot for this application. I was using it before switching to summerboard. I know that some of the themes are compatible with summerboard. But i plan on making my own themes for myself, cant wait for a tut on creating your own themes!! Thanks for all the work
    Thanks for the props - I've got the how-to for creating your own themes about 1/2 way done.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-06-2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    White 3G

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

EZO (09-16-2007)

Can I still use iSwitcher even though I updated to 7.4.1? Imiss the ringtones and themes..

Quote Originally Posted by noosphere View Post
    Can I still use iSwitcher even though I updated to 7.4.1? Imiss the ringtones and themes..
    Wow, I sure hope so! I'm using 7.4 with no problems
    White 3G

I got everything up and running again. When in endless reboot mode use this process

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/09/0...e-and-re-hack/

I believe cybergreg found this first.

Woohoo!! Just looking for a way to add ringtones back now. Any suggestions...
    Last edited by noosphere; 09-08-2007 at 12:47 AM.

where can i download iswitcher and how do I install it mac user

Quote Originally Posted by EL LOKO View Post
    where can i download iswitcher and how do I install it mac user
    DOWNLOAD

Mac Install

Please continue in the discussion forum, LINK HERE
    White 3G

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

EL LOKO (09-09-2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12