Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [UPDATE] Status Notifier 0.2.6 Reminder/iRealSMS/MMS/Custom options

I tried this instead of Notifier. In Notifier it is close to impossible to set a good interval. Very good solution in StatusNotifier. But on the other hand what good does that do if i dont get reminded? =(

I'm using the iPhone SMS app, and when i get a new SMS i only get the standard notification but it never repeats.
    For missed calls it seems that it does repeat, but only vibrates one time, and only for a total of about 1 minute. Then nothing.

Am i missing something? Notifier was a pain to set the interval, but on the other hand it did remind me.

I'm using a 2G iPhone with 2.1 firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dieburnbot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    I tried this instead of Notifier. In Notifier it is close to impossible to set a good interval. Very good solution in StatusNotifier. But on the other hand what good does that do if i dont get reminded? =(

I'm using the iPhone SMS app, and when i get a new SMS i only get the standard notification but it never repeats.
    For missed calls it seems that it does repeat, but only vibrates one time, and only for a total of about 1 minute. Then nothing.

Am i missing something? Notifier was a pain to set the interval, but on the other hand it did remind me.

I'm using a 2G iPhone with 2.1 firmware.

On 2.1 there is a problem with this app that when you have your interval set to anything greater than 20 and the phone goes to sleep (unplugged, locked, and sitting untouched for at least 5-10 minutes) the reminder only goes off once or never goes off at all. On firmware 2.2 there seem to be lots of problems, the only way I can get the reminder to go off on 2.2 is if I have the phone plugged in in other words the problem exists no matter what interval I set on firmware 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by dieburnbot View Post
    This app still works great in firmware 2.2.

Although I have noticed that when the phone is in sleep mode the notifier beeps don't seem to follow the interval that they are set at and sometimes they fail to go off altogether.

i have firmware 2.2 and status notifier, but it doesn't seem to show any notifications, for aim atleast ..

anyone know where i can get the latest version and how to install it onto my phone ?

zolee please....
    Waiting next release 0.2.11
    Thank you for all.

2.11 is out. Doesn't help though. We're waiting for 2.12

Thanks Z

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer21 View Post
    2.11 is out. Doesn't help though. We're waiting for 2.12

Thanks Z
    Yeah same here you can get 2.11 here: statusnotifier - Google Code

I've switched to Notifier until this program gets fixed up because Spektro is actually releasing updates to Notifier.
    Last edited by dieburnbot; 11-28-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Thank god I only use it for the status image.

Reako

Yeah same here you can get 2.11 here: statusnotifier - Google Code

I've switched to Notifier until this program gets fixed up because Spektro is actually releasing updates to Notifier.
    I download the StatusNotifier_0.2.11_iphoneos-arm.deb file, bur, How can I install?
    Thank you for all

ssh the file somewhere, maybe /private/var/root then start mobile terminal. su to root, then pwd to make sure you're in that directory (if not, cd to get to it)

dpkg -i StatusNofier_0.2.11_arm.deb (or whatever the file name is) and that will do an in-place upgrade.

can anyone who has status notifier currently working with there app's on an iphone3g, firmware 2.2, care to explain how they got it to work ?

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer21 View Post
    ssh the file somewhere, maybe /private/var/root then start mobile terminal. su to root, then pwd to make sure you're in that directory (if not, cd to get to it)

dpkg -i StatusNofier_0.2.11_arm.deb (or whatever the file name is) and that will do an in-place upgrade.
    Thank you but when i do it the console indicated "dpkg -i: comand not found"
    Any idea?
    Why don't update by cidya?
    Regards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aslher View Post
    Thank you but when i do it the console indicated "dpkg -i: comand not found"
    Any idea?
    Why don't update by cidya?
    Regards.

Try reading the directions I posted earlier in this thread and see if they help any.

Here is a link to my post: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ml#post2413461

The command should be found if you are typing it in the right place.

It's not up on Cydia because Zolee (the developer) never submitted the latest version there for whatever reason and at this point no one is sure if he is ever coming back to work on this project. hehe He said he is busy with real life at the moment.
    Last edited by dieburnbot; 12-01-2008 at 05:50 AM.

Try reading the directions I posted earlier in this thread and see if they help any.

Here is a link to my post: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ml#post2413461

The command should be found if you are typing it in the right place.

It's not up on Cydia because Zolee (the developer) never submitted the latest version there for whatever reason and at this point no one is sure if he is ever coming back to work on this project. hehe He said he is busy with real life at the moment.
    Thank you dieburnbot. The next command works ok dpkg -i ./*.deb and i can update now.
    But, notifierstatus still not working properly with missed calls and sms received when the iphone is on standby and don't charging. Do you know why? What can I do to vibrate?.
    Thank you again for all.
    Regards

This is a fantastic package. Love the reminder feature.

I went back to notifier as well for now. I'd just hold off until Status Notifier receives another update.

is 0.2.11 a version we do not want to update to at this moment? what is "wrong" w/it for users on FW 2.1 if any?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liveforit View Post
    is 0.2.11 a version we do not want to update to at this moment? what is "wrong" w/it for users on FW 2.1 if any?
    Nothing is wrong with it on Firmware 2.1, except that on some phones it has problems reminding properly if you have the interval set to anything greater than 20 seconds. On firmware 2.2 there are some major problems with the reminder not going off at all.

Notifier (the other app) has been getting regular updates and that one seems to be reliable on firmware 2.2 based on my use in the past week or so.

where exactly are the preferences for statusnotifier? I see none.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mvveelen's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed the lates StatusNotifier by Cydia and tried several themes to get the notifications on my lockscreen. No result. I even switched all settings to "0", tried it again, switched them to "1" and tried again. No result. Rebooted the iPhone, tried it all again, even with other themes. No result. Reinstalled StatusNotifier. No result.

What could be done wrong ?!

I would love to have this working, but can't get it to work..... Help ?

Has there been any progress with getting this to work with MySMS?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast