+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: genesis4iphone v2.0.0 (genesis and segaCD from Zodttd!)

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
FROM ZODTTD.COM: Another day another release...but this time it's a fan fav! Today's release is genesis4iphone v2.0.0. It emulates the Sega Genesis (MegaDrive) and Sega CD consoles for iPhone and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

Default genesis4iphone v2.0.0 (genesis and segaCD from Zodttd!)
    FROM ZODTTD.COM:

Another day another release...but this time it's a fan fav! Today's release is genesis4iphone v2.0.0. It emulates the Sega Genesis (MegaDrive) and Sega CD consoles for iPhone and iPod Touches running 2.x.x firmware.

Screenshots coming soon. I want to get a better controller skin first.

It is available via my public repo/source on Cydia. Cydia comes with my source pre-installed. So check it out, and if you like it consider donating.

Here's what is new in genesis4iphone v2.0.0:
    A port of Notaz's continued support of PicoDrive.
    New interface/GUI similar to mame4iphone.
    Sound has been heavily improved! To enable sound, goto Now Playing and turn up the volume slider before entering a game.
    Save state support is now working.
    Supports zipped ROMs, and they happen to load much faster than unzipped ROMs...still!
    Sega CD support is implemented though currently untested by me.
    Keep in mind I was short on available time to work on genesis4iphone so I implemented the same skin as mame4iphone. Both of these were ported from GP2X handheld softwares, so I tried to find a skin that had the same amount of buttons as the GP2X. Hence why both of these skins are a bit odd.
    BUT! You can change the skins! Just edit the controller_hs1.png/.txt files in the Application directory of the app. For those that can make the accompanying .txt file with the coordinates within the 320x240 png image...the button layout is as follows:
    DownLeft
    Down
    DownRight
    Left
    Right
    UpLeft
    Up
    UpRight
    Select
    Start
    LPad
    RPad
    Menu
    ButtonDownLeft
    ButtonDown
    ButtonDownRight
    ButtonLeft
    ButtonRight
    ButtonUpLeft
    ButtonUp
    ButtonUpRight
    LPad2
    RPad2

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1st.....sweet

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome!! i'm very excited about this release... great job!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

zod is the muthfukn man!!! he has got to be in the top 3 best developers IMO. now my iphone is complete!!!! ima donate more to this guy.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Green Apple
    Thanks

props to zodttd, but...i can never seem to find any games that play smoothly on the emulators. except for like mario on nes...maybe donkey kong on snes. has any one had any real success, meaning they've gotten a game to run smoothly so the can enjoy it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

Remember the first controller that genesis4iphone had?
    Can somebody with skills bring that back?

btw-gave up on MAME when this came out. Now looking forward to the SNES.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Crappy sound
    This is what I don't get... How come this iPhone version of Picodrive has such poor sound support?! I've been playing Genesis/Megadrive emulators on Symbian phones for years and almost every game runs perfectly smooth with perfect sound - and that's on less powerful hardware than the iPhone... I just don't get it...

But still, it is nice having The Lost Vikings on my phone again (even though the sound sucks).

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
    This is what I don't get... How come this iPhone version of Picodrive has such poor sound support?! I've been playing Genesis/Megadrive emulators on Symbian phones for years and almost every game runs perfectly smooth with perfect sound - and that's on less powerful hardware than the iPhone... I just don't get it...
    pre-2.0 genesis4iphone didn't have good sound either (in fact it was much worse than this). its only because its one of zods younger emu ports. its just not quite up to speed yet (literally and figuratively). but i think we can expect to see updates with speed increase and better sound. zod is good at updating his apps. it just takes him a little while sometimes cuz he's working on his other 50 apps lol

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Steve View Post
    Remember the first controller that genesis4iphone had?
    Can somebody with skills bring that back?
    people in the forums over at zodttd.com have already got skins ready to go and (and zod saw and posted that he would use them) and from the release post (saying he was postponing screenies until a better skin), i think we can expect an update for that very soon.
    Last edited by b3nny; 10-03-2008 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks

i havent found any games to run smoothly on the new genesis emu, anybody find any good ones?