Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Status Bar Email, SMS, Call Notifier for iPhone 2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My email notifier icon never goes away even though I have no unread emails. Anyone else experiencing this? also, its been like this for 10 minutes now.

To all those having problems with the mail icon no disappearing:

Delete the following file on your iPhone:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Mail/Envelope Index

That's it. No negative consequences.
    The file will recreate itself next time your iPhone checks for mail.
    Except this time the "new mail" icon in the taskbar should display only when you actually have new mail.

Hey zolee,

How about MMS notification for those of us using Swirly? I already have a version of daemon.sh with it hacked in if you're interested. Originally I had it set up to use a separate indicator but the status bar gets crowded quick so I just added it as an OR to the SMS indicator.

All you need to do is check if a .notif file exists in /var/root/Library/MMSApp/Folders/Inbox/.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 10-01-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Exclamation Problem: SpringBoard Strings messed up
    I installed your app today b/c I liked it b4 on 1.1.2-4 and when I saw it again I was all over it.

But, after installation I noticed that some of the text springboard strings aren't showing up correctly. I didn't do anything else to my phone today so I assume it is the app, but not 100% sure. I unchecked it in winterboard and no change to the strings, I tried a reboot and no change as well. I completely unistalled status bar notifier and no dice. It is also affecting the string that normally asked you whether or not you wanted to uninstall an AppStore app.

Anyone else with this problem?

I took some 'janky' pics of the problems... I can't seem to find a screenshot program on 2.1.

-dsc04494.jpg -dsc04493.jpg

I got it...

It wasn't your app at all and I am sorry for saying it might be. As it turns out it was a winterboard theme that I found on the net for a clear lock screen that gave instructions to replace a springboard.string file. I did this a couple of days ago but only saw the side affects today. Fortunately I backed up the original springboard.strings file and was able to revert back, so no harm done.

Word to the wise...
    Always back up ur sh#t!
    Last edited by saabturbo; 10-01-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Found the problem on my own

Default Image files?
    Where are the image files for the status bar? I found the ones for the icons on the home screen but where are the ones that show up next to the battery?

I made some new ones that I used on the last version maby you like them.
    Name:  Call_Notify-1.png
Views: 2437
Size:  3.4 KB Name:  Email_Notify-1.png
Views: 2385
Size:  3.4 KB Name:  SMS_Notify-1.png
Views: 2420
Size:  3.3 KB

Name:  call.png
Views: 2355
Size:  9.6 KB Name:  mail.png
Views: 2346
Size:  10.9 KB Name:  voicemail.png
Views: 2419
Size:  9.8 KB

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    Hey zolee,

How about MMS notification for those of us using Swirly? I already have a version of daemon.sh with it hacked in if you're interested. Originally I had it set up to use a separate indicator but the status bar gets crowded quick so I just added it as an OR to the SMS indicator.

All you need to do is check if a .notif file exists in /var/root/Library/MMSApp/Folders/Inbox/.

Code:
    if [ -e /var/root/Library/MMSApp/Folders/Inbox/*.notif ]
    hey man would you mind posting that .notif file, i have been wondering if there was a way to do that for swirlymms msgs
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Default MMS notification
    For those who are interested this seems to be working pretty well for me on Swirly MMS notification.

Swirly saves two types of files in the Swirly Inbox directory;

.recv - Messages that have been downloaded
    .notif - Messages that have not yet been downloaded

I modified the daemon.sh script to check for the presence of any .notif files within /var/mobile/Library/MMSApp/Folders/Inbox. If present the script will set the Text Message Status Bar Notification. It could easily be modified to display a different MMS notifier but I'm not going to go that far in depth for a "hack" that will be ousted with the next app update.

To Install:

1. Download and unzip.
    2. SFTP to your phone (or use iPhoneBrowser if you prefer).
    3. Navigate to /usr/local/StatusNotifier.
    4. Backup your existing daemon.sh file.
    5. Upload the daemon.sh file you unzipped.
    6. Ensure permissions are set to 755.
    7. Reboot.

Your mileage may vary, if the above instructions scare you this might not be something you really want to do. This is my personal modification, I'm sharing simply because I'm sure plenty of people have been waiting for something like this (I know I have). Please don't expect the original author to support it, and respect the fact that I may not be able to either.

If it causes problems simply restore your backed up daemon.sh file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (10-02-2008), nycdiplomat (10-02-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saabturbo View Post
    Where are the image files for the status bar? I found the ones for the icons on the home screen but where are the ones that show up next to the battery?

I made some new ones that I used on the last version maby you like them.
    Name:  Call_Notify-1.png
Views: 2437
Size:  3.4 KB Name:  Email_Notify-1.png
Views: 2385
Size:  3.4 KB Name:  SMS_Notify-1.png
Views: 2420
Size:  3.3 KB

Name:  call.png
Views: 2355
Size:  9.6 KB Name:  mail.png
Views: 2346
Size:  10.9 KB Name:  voicemail.png
Views: 2419
Size:  9.8 KB
    They are found in your themes folder...Themes/StatusNotifier Replacement.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard...you should see 6 .png files there 3 Default, and 3 FSO.

I hope that answered your question.

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    They are found in your themes folder...Themes/StatusNotifier Replacement.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard...you should see 6 .png files there 3 Default, and 3 FSO.

I hope that answered your question.
    I can't find these folders. If I go to Library/Themes I only find the Lock Status.theme folder (and of course a bunch of other .theme folders). Am I looking at the wrong place? Can you provide the whole path? Root partition, I assume...
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I can't find these folders. If I go to Library/Themes I only find the Lock Status.theme folder (and of course a bunch of other .theme folders). Am I looking at the wrong place? Can you provide the whole path? Root partition, I assume...

Download "status notifier icons" from cydia. This will give you some replacement icons, but you if want to change them to the ones posted by saabturbo, then just drop the new ones into that folder, make sure it is checked in winterboard too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

marcoiac (10-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    Download "status notifier icons" from cydia. This will give you some replacement icons, but you if want to change them to the ones posted by saabturbo, then just drop the new ones into that folder, make sure it is checked in winterboard too.
    Ah, I see, that folder is creating when downloading 'status notifier icons' from cydia. Thanks
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

where is Sqlite v3 in cydia? dont see it anywhere

Thanks

marcoiac........did you get it figured out?

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    What do the icons on the lock screen do?

They are just larger versions of the notifiers. They just let you know you have email, missed phone calls, etc.

Do they launch the apps when pressed? No. They are just static icons.

Do they update with badges when new items arrive?

No, they do not change.
    Personally, I just like have the small icons in the status bar at the top. And the Status Notifier Icons from Cydia are a little nicer than the defaults. Max Rudberg is an incredible icon designer.

@ dr33Rocks: yes I did figure it out, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saabturbo View Post
    I took some 'janky' pics of the problems... I can't seem to find a screenshot program on 2.1.
    Hold the Home button down, then tap the power button on the top of the phone. The screen will flash white, and that's it -- the screenshot has been taken.

Open your iPhone's Photos app, and you'll see the just-taken photo in your image library.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysmi29 View Post
    where is Sqlite v3 in cydia? dont see it anywhere

Sqlite might not show up in packages, if it doesn’t, then do a search for it, install it, then restart your phone.

You can see Sqlite v3 only when you change packages from simple to expert, if it is installed.
    Last edited by Fofer; 10-03-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone dieburnbot's Avatar
    Thanks

I just found another program on cydia called just Notifier, it works a lot better than this program as the icons show up instantly unlike this program which has about a 10-30 second delay. It also doesn't run any daemons in the background so it saves battery life. Only problem is that icons are ugly, small and orange. Other than it is miles better than this program imo.

Heres the icons i created...
    download zSHARE - naughtydude-icons.zip
    It looks so much better over an image background...

***The text is merged with the image...
    Last edited by naughtydude; 10-05-2008 at 09:41 PM.

I am using biteSMS as my default SMS application. What can I do so that when i have SMS flag on biteSMS it shows on status bar please ?

thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    I am using biteSMS as my default SMS application. What can I do so that when i have SMS flag on biteSMS it shows on status bar please ?

thanks alot
    Download the latest 0.2.8 from project site , or wait until the update will be on Cydia later this week.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast