+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Status Bar Email, SMS, Call Notifier for iPhone 2

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So If I change the sleep delay to 10, whats going to happen? Will it refresh faster? I just changed it and saved it. saved original too. deleted file that
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

So If I change the sleep delay to 10, whats going to happen? Will it refresh faster?

I just changed it and saved it. saved original too. deleted file that i just changed and threw in the changed file.

I haven't gotten any emails or calls or texts yet to test it out.(loser, i know)
    Last edited by Colorado Steve; 09-30-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: better explaination

Thanks

damn i love this addon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zolee View Post
    Updated version 0.1.2 available with Winterboard theme

I'm intrigued. Does this mean I can Poof the Phone, Mail and Text icons from my SpringBoard and just use the ones on the lockscreen? Also, how customizable is it? I'd love to modify the icons to blend in more with the rest of the lockscreen.

And now for the obvious question; when will this update be available?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since I have an iPod Touch, would it still work if I edited the daemon.sh and deleted all the sms and phone entries cos the touch doesn't have these.

That way it would say resources.

But does the app already automatically detect that you have a touch and disable the checks for sms and phone calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Untaken View Post
    You can install it manually by visiting the googlecode website (the link is in the first post of this thread). or you could wait till MMi updates the package on the repo.
    Last edited by Anonymouslyanonymous; 09-30-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Untaken View Post
    I'm intrigued. Does this mean I can Poof the Phone, Mail and Text icons from my SpringBoard and just use the ones on the lockscreen? Also, how customizable is it? I'd love to modify the icons to blend in more with the rest of the lockscreen.

Update is already available on the google code project site.
    In couple of hours it will be updated on Cydia as well.

You can modify the icons on the lock screen,
    just copy replace the icon files in "/Library/Themes/Lock Screen/imgs" directory.

Thanks

What's the point of this app? I know..dumb question. But I mean aren't we notified whenever we get a call or text anyways? By the way, does this affect battery life at all?

Thanks

Hi Zolee,

I am not sure I get this update. I updated to this version, but it seems to be doing the same things it did before. I have no icons in my lock screen, beyond the status bar icons I already had. On the other hand you seem to imply that you have to use WinterBoard to make this works. I opened WinterBoard and checked 'Lock Status'. Is this the thing to check? Still, I see no difference, I have the status bar icons on my lock screen, but nothing else. I should add that my lock screen has a wallpaper. Is that the problem? I doubt that.
    Last edited by marcoiac; 09-30-2008 at 11:09 PM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Thanks

awesome, thanks!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

any plans on adding some kind of reminder to go along with it?

Thanks

Zolee, thanks for porting this, it's great! One request though:
    with your latest release, you include the winterboard option. That makes cydia also install winterboard. I don't want winterboard installed, but I have no option. When I go back to uninstall winterboard, cydia also uninstalls your plist, and your app stops working. Could you not include the winterboard option and rather have it as a separate install please?

Thanks!

Thanks

does running monochrome theme with always dark light statusbar interfere with this?

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Zolee, thanks for porting this, it's great! One request though:
    with your latest release, you include the winterboard option. That makes cydia also install winterboard. I don't want winterboard installed, but I have no option. When I go back to uninstall winterboard, cydia also uninstalls your plist, and your app stops working. Could you not include the winterboard option and rather have it as a separate install please?

Thanks!
    That's strange. I didn't add winterboard to the dependency list for exactly the same reason you brought up.
    I have to check with the MMi repo, maybe they added it because they saw that it is using winterboard.
    If you check the wiki page on the google project site, it is not in the dependency list, and I state that the winterboard theme is optional.

Maybe try to uninstall winterboard and StatusNotifier from Cydia and manually install 0.1.2 downloaded from google project site.
    Just copy it over to your iPhone and "dpkg -i StatusNotifier_0.1.2_iphoneos-arm.deb" from SSH.
    Last edited by zolee; 10-01-2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I do have WinterBoard running and I checked "Lock Status" but I still don't get the icons on my lock screen (except the status bar tiny icons). Anybody having this problem? Zolee, any thought about it?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I do have WinterBoard running and I checked "Lock Status" but I still don't get the icons on my lock screen (except the status bar tiny icons). Anybody having this problem? Zolee, any thought about it?
    Thanks
    I'm having the same issue. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by ptukhar View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Thx
    My bad, it is now appearing - duh, after I got an email..
    Thx for the great App....
    Last edited by ptukhar; 10-01-2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

same issue for me too, i activated the theme in winterboard, even restarted my phone, and I do NOT have any icons on my lockscreen.

What are u guys doing differently?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

move the lock screen to the top in WinterBoard, worked for me
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    move the lock screen to the top in WinterBoard, worked for me
    I moved it up, but I believe I moved it only above my main springboard theme. I think that other themes, like transparent dock, were higher up than Lock Status. I say I think because I am not totally sure. What worked for me was to open WbApp, select Lock Status, and click on "Install this theme". After doing that, it worked. However, all my other themes had reverted back to default. When I opened WinterBoard to activate them again, I noticed that Lock Status was on top. So, I suggest doing what Chefanim suggests
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've found a small bug, but its not necessarily a programming bug, just 2 programs that dont know each other exist.

I've noticed if you are using a 3rd Party SMS program (for me I am using iRealSMS), that the SMS Status bar notififer will remain even if the message is read with iRealSMS. I have to go into Apples SMS program and read the message for notifier to go away.

Minor conflict for an otherwise much needed and great addon.

Maybe in the future the program could have a toggle? I think its been brought up before but you have a missed call/text it displays on your lock screen. Maybe if we could have a "toggle" to turn the notifications off that we do not want to use?

For example, I use your program only to see if I have unread E-Mail from my lock screen, so if I could turn off th SMS/Missed Call/Voicemail etc it could simplify the program and maybe save some power? dunno..just throwing it out there..

thanks again
    Last edited by liveforit; 10-01-2008 at 09:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What do the icons on the lock screen do?

Do they launch the apps when pressed?

Do they update with badges when new items arrive?

Thanks

Zolee, thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I ended up doing and everything is working perfectly. Thanks again.