Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Does anyone know how to make speed dial in the Stack?

  1. #1
    Default Does anyone know how to make speed dial in the Stack?
    Recently,what the previous Stack version had done was that it could be speed dial by setting configuration on some files.So,I am not quite sure that whether this version can be speed dial or not. Has anyone ever tried to do that? I did try by using the previous method.Unfortunately,it didn't get it work.
    Thanks.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Would love it if it did. I would ONLY use stack for a speed dial function if need be
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by liverpool View Post
    Recently,what the previous Stack version had done was that it could be speed dial by setting configuration on some files.So,I am not quite sure that whether this version can be speed dial or not. Has anyone ever tried to do that? I did try by using the previous method.Unfortunately,it didn't get it work.
    Thanks.
    This is how I have one touch speed dialing in my stack:

    1. Download an app called "Call Me"
    2. Once you have created the speed dialing icon, drag it onto the stack.

    You have to have an image to assign to your contacts for Call Me to work. It can be any image taken with your camera. It then displays that image as your icon. I rename the icons with the app "Rename" after I have finished with "Call Me".

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    This is how I have one touch speed dialing in my stack:

    1. Download an app called "Call Me"
    2. Once you have created the speed dialing icon, drag it onto the stack.

    You have to have an image to assign to your contacts for Call Me to work. It can be any image taken with your camera. It then displays that image as your icon. I rename the icons with the app "Rename" after I have finished with "Call Me".
    It is good idea guy. I'm gonna try to get it done. Thanks.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Is there a way to move the stack so it isn;t in the bottom right corner?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by liverpool View Post
    It is good idea guy. I'm gonna try to get it done. Thanks.
    If you only want a stack of Quick Dial(Call Me) icons then hold down an app until they start wiggling...touch your stack to expand it...and then drag off all the icons you do not want to have in it. Afterwards you can drag all of your speed dial icons to the stack.

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    This is fine, but the stack is in the bottom right corner (covering my ipod button) is there a way for me to move it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is fine, but the stack is in the bottom right corner (covering my ipod button) is there a way for me to move it?
    Is there no way for you to move your iPod icon? I am about to install the blank app icons so that my fourth row of icons is cleared and that will the stack rise up into a blank row instead of covering other icons.

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    My stack doesn;t even rise up to the row it simply goes straight up overflowing onto the icons I have (my 4th row is completely blank)... maybe it's not even working right? I don;t really want to move the ipod icon if I don;t have to. I actually like the stock settings of the dock (using the leaf theme and the dock will looks screwy if I do that)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  10. #10
    Default Blank Apps
    I've done the CallMe -> Stacks thing too.
    How do I get the 'blank apps' that you mention? Looked in Cydia and Bossprefs and Google, no luck..

  11. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    When say fourth row I am counting from left to right...not top to bottom. Is this what you mean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitslong View Post
    I've done the CallMe -> Stacks thing too.
    How do I get the 'blank apps' that you mention? Looked in Cydia and Bossprefs and Google, no luck..
    In Cydia you have to add the repository called Steffwiz.

    On Cydia's homescreen click More Package Sources and then scroll down and you will see the repository.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 09-29-2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    I understand what you mean now...about the dock. I can see this being a problem with another theme I have.

    Here is mine with the 4th row cleared to avoid overlapping other icons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	92031  

  13. #13
    Yeah,According to what Callme does, it have been perfectly working with mine one. Thanks anyway.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •