+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repos in Cydia are not updating

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
i recently upgraded to 2.0.2 & then to 2.1. Since then cydia is acting a little strangely. For eg. recently i wanted 2 install snapture 2.1 but cydia kept installing
    iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Repos in Cydia are not updating
    i recently upgraded to 2.0.2 & then to 2.1. Since then cydia is acting a little strangely. For eg. recently i wanted 2 install snapture 2.1 but cydia kept installing 2.0. Also mobilefinder has just been released but i cannot install that bcos cydia keeps givinga message that "i need to install more sources" .
    I have tried everything frm quickpwng my phone again to deleting all the repos & re-installing them. But nothing is working out.
    Note: while loading/refreshing the home page i get some "errors: sub-process gzip" something.
    Pls help guys.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you using the adblocking host file? That caused me to have some problems with Cydia. I had to remove that host file and then delete and readd a source.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heaiser For This Useful Post:

Filo01 (01-26-2009)

Thanks

i AM also Facing the Same Problem ,

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heaiser View Post
    Are you using the adblocking host file? That caused me to have some problems with Cydia. I had to remove that host file and then delete and readd a source.
    no i m not. actually the weird thing is the problem is only with certain apps. like snapture (bigboss repo) and some here and there. initially finder too was not downloading but yest i got an upgrade msg for cydia. After upgrading i was able to install finder but still snapture shows a previous version!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaiser View Post
    this solved my problem thanks!!