Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: psx4iphone on Cydia

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default psx4iphone on Cydia
    From zodttd.com:

I've had a slew of requests to bring psx4iphone to firmware 2.x.x. Today I have completed that task and released psx4iphone v0.8.0!

Available publicly on Cydia, psx4iphone v0.8.0 brings a new look and feel to my emulators. If you like it, please consider donating.
    Here's what's new:

* Updated GUI. Much improved!
    * Buttons highlight when pressed.
    * Runs on all 2.x.x firmwares to date.
    * Large performance gains from all previous versions.
    * Much more stable gameplay.
    * Volume control can be changed and save states/bookmarks can be made during gameplay!

Let me know if work needs to be done on the GUI, as this release will be a large indicator of whether/how I will implement it in future releases and updates of my projects.

Current bugs still needing to be fixed:

* Saving save states inside the exit menu can generate a bad save. In the meantime choose to save using the save button and choose no in the exit menu.
    * Loading save states is hit or miss. Try using the save button as often as possible currently, as saving in some spots of games do not work. The more save states, the better the chance of working. This is a high priority bug.

Play on!
    ZodTTD
    iLive an iLife

Since the days of BLEEM I have yet to find a emu that does psx games VERY well..
    But this so far did work for one game

I saw some options from other version of psx4iphone where there was an Options area..
    That was not hidden by a button combination

Other than that..
    A skin would be a nice feature to come with
    Land scape..

This is in no way complaining as I wouldnt even know where to start to implement ANYTHING I asking for..

Tried it with Vagrant Story and I got very low framerate...too lazy to try any other games because the files are so big...

That's odd, It's not showing up for me in cydia. It shows gpSPhone, quake4iphone and ruBooks but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Tried it with Vagrant Story and I got very low framerate...too lazy to try any other games because the files are so big...
    Yeah, I tried Final Fantasy Tactics and had the same problem.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

the downloads are big so its really a one shot with this stuff
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

I'm gonna try FF9. Hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by boombasticaudio View Post
    Since the days of BLEEM I have yet to find a emu that does psx games VERY well..
    Bleem was such an outdated emulator! You should try ePSXe 1.7. It has the highest compatibility and performance associated with PS1 emulating. It is light years ahead of Bleem

Welcome to the official ePSXe website

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I tried FFVIII and it was horrendously slow, it booted but it was maybe about 1fps with no drops... if that's a fluke, I'll try something else. What do you guys think?

in terms of emulation the psp does psx the best but its still cool the iphone has a port to be able to run it

I would love to see a PSP emulator since people say iPhone specs are stronger.

PSP emulators are way more stable due to the fact that their chipsets are gaming focused. The iphone chipset is supposedly just as fast (if not faster) but it is designed to handle many more processes simultaneously so it's worse when it comes to dedicated gaming. Also @ oo3 I would love to see that too but iono, that's really pushing the graphics capabilities to the limit even if it can handle it. Possibly on a later iPhone model which a better chip.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Thanks

003, what do you mean by psp emulator? As in you want the iPhone to emulate the psp? As a rule of thumb, and I quote zodttd here, the device performing the emulation needs to be atleast 10 times better to achieve proper emulation.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

i want a ds emulator think about it:
    -booth got touch screen
    -booth got mic
    - iphone can handle those grafix easily
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want parappa the rappa so bad anyone knows if it works

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    PSP emulators are way more stable due to the fact that their chipsets are gaming focused. The iphone chipset is supposedly just as fast (if not faster) but it is designed to handle many more processes simultaneously so it's worse when it comes to dedicated gaming. Also @ oo3 I would love to see that too but iono, that's really pushing the graphics capabilities to the limit even if it can handle it. Possibly on a later iPhone model which a better chip.
    Actually, the reason the PSX emulator for the PSP works so well is that it was developed by Sony themselves. There was another PSX emulator in the works for the PSP quite a while back, but it was "homebrew" and therefore had to be built from the ground up without any resources from Sony. It was very slow just like psx4iphone. Believe me, if Sony developed a PSX emulator for the iPhone (which they won't) it would be just as fast as the PSP version.

yo, da saves dont work. some games i tried work but super slow. is there anyway 2 speed it up. i see there's no more accelarator. what permission do i need in da app and/or roms folder?