Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Read if you are thinking about getting customize 2.1

  1. #1
    Lightbulb Read if you are thinking about getting customize 2.1
    DO NOT DO IT!!!
    Please, save yourself a lot of time and trouble and find another way to customize your iphone. This app is so crappy it won't even install its own themes!!!!! Huge headache, SSH is impossible since the folder do not directly affect the app. i.e. 'FileSets' folder does NOT affect the file sets on the app. It took me 8 hours to figure out how to do just one battery change. Plus you have to rename all the files and HOPE that they will work. WORST APP EVER! TheSpicyChicken should feel ashamed of themselves for putting up such a crappy app.

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Winter Park, Florida
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 101 Times in 60 Posts

    You should feel ashamed of yourself for not knowing that this app is so outdated...its been dead since 2.0.1 pretty much. LOL. 8 hours on Customize? HA. Winterboard is where its at buddy....[

  3. #3
    I still use customize to edit strings, it's not dead but where he stores his stuff is down I think

    you should feel ashamed of yourself for talking sh!t and can't even ssh , cuz I did it fine and worked like a charm...
    Last edited by z3r01; 09-26-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 153 Times in 132 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moonwire09 View Post
    DO NOT DO IT!!!
    Please, save yourself a lot of time and trouble and find another way to customize your iphone. This app is so crappy it won't even install its own themes!!!!! Huge headache, SSH is impossible since the folder do not directly affect the app. i.e. 'FileSets' folder does NOT affect the file sets on the app. It took me 8 hours to figure out how to do just one battery change. Plus you have to rename all the files and HOPE that they will work. WORST APP EVER! TheSpicyChicken should feel ashamed of themselves for putting up such a crappy app.
    Spicy Chicken should not be ashamed. You should be for writing something like this without looking around first. Its been stated MANY times that his servers are down, and therefore its not working. For a long time Customize was a wonderful app. There is no telling if it will ever be as good as it once was, but to call it the worst app ever is a little rude to the developer. Also if it took you 8 hours to change 1 battery, maybe you should find another hobby.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On the open sea
    Posts
    1,326
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 221 Times in 155 Posts

    that's pretty funny bro

  6. #6
    But I coulda swear everyone by now knows to use winterboard.

    It ent rocket science

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Thanks for the tip! This along with the 2,000 other threads has definitely helped me make up my mind about not using an app that is outdated

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    You should feel ashamed of yourself for not knowing that this app is so outdated...its been dead since 2.0.1 pretty much. LOL. 8 hours on Customize? HA. Winterboard is where its at buddy....[
    exactly it is dead since 2.0.1...so i Installed FWChanger on cydia change my fw to 2.0 install customize 2.1 not a 100% but it works

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I still use customize to edit strings, it's not dead but where he stores his stuff is down I think

    you should feel ashamed of yourself for talking sh!t and can't even ssh , cuz I did it fine and worked like a charm...


    HA! thats all i have it for too!
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

  10. #10
    I have backed up customize themes and I ssh them and they work fine....

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fame City, OH
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    Haven't been able to run customize in so long i thought it have been done.. Viva La Winterboard lol

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts

    This is a funny thread. I just love it when people not only put one foot in their mouth, but they end up stuffing the second one in there too.

    "It took me 8 hours to figure out how to do just one battery change."

    "TheSpicyChicken should feel ashamed of themselves for putting up such a crappy app."

    Dude, for the longest time, customize was all we had and it was GREAT. But some things evolve and become better, and others just fade away (or should fade away, cough, cough...INSTALLER). Doesn't mean they weren't at one time good, just means that others have evolved at a faster or more useful pace. So until you start coding for iphone apps and actually produce something useful, tone down the hateful rhetoric.
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 09-26-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •