Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)

Default iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)
    Almost a complete rework, no more need for theme app folders, Yeah!!!! Works flipping sweet if I do say so myself

For a limited time I'd like to have some users 'beta' test it to ensure it works as well for them as it does for me.

Beta removed - please post results If you don't use iBrickr or Breezy (why aren't you?) you're on your own until everything is debugged. Approximate time for end of beta is 7:00 PM PDT.

Includes 7 themes but now much easier to make custom themes and we still keep the same functionality;
    Loads icons from theme zip file
    Loads dock from theme zip file
    Loads dock from theme .thm folder
    Loads DisplayOrder from theme .thm folder
    and finally loads DisplayOrder from ThemeMaster folder

Users should COMPLETELY remove any previous version and theme application and theme zip files (once again this is very easy if you are using iBrickr or Breezy).

Location of files:
    Application
    /Applications/iSwitcher.app

Themes:
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/Info.plist
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/thm.preview.png
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/name_of_theme.thm.zip
    -optional-
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/DisplayOrder.plist
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/SBDockBG2.png

ThemeMaster (used for ALL themes)
    /var/root/Media/ThemeMaster/DisplayOrder.plist

Developer notes:
    Info.plist information MUST match the theme name , zip file name and theme folder name (see sample)
    CFBundleExecutable and CFBundleIdentifier must match the folder name. In our example the theme would look like this:
    in that folder would be the zip file named name_of_theme.thm.zip

The thm.preview.png should be a full screen preview of your theme and IS required. Your theme will not be displayed without this file.

In addition, create the theme icon zip file using the ditto command, all icons in one folder named exactly the same as the application folder name (phone icon is MobilePhone.png). Also put the icon-Camera.png and icon-Photos.png in the folder. Test extract the zip file and it must not extract to a subfolder.

Sample Info.plist file:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>English</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>name_of_theme.thm</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-31-2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: removed link

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

SundayDuffer (08-31-2007)

Thanks

sweet

Doesn't seem to have a theme master, our at least that I can find. Once I change a theme I can't change again unless I physically modify the current display list.
    Last edited by sogo; 08-31-2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    sweet

Doesn't seem to have a theme master, our at least that I can find. Once I change a theme I can't change again unless I physically modify the current display list.
    You need to put your own theme master in. It would defeat the purpose if I made it for you

Create your own DisplayOder.plist and put it in:
    /var/root/Media/ThemeMaster

and yes you have to mkdir ThemeMaster

Edit: What I will do for the release file is to include a ReadMe.txt file and put it in the ThemeMaster folder.
    All my themes are setup for iLauncher to be the #13 icon - install iLauncher!
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 08-31-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Greg,
    Thanks for the update..will test it out tonight.

That's really an awesome sounding app. But I can't seem to find it for download it anywhere. Could someone please post a link to a valid file? (for any version)

the older version is in the download section under "iphone software" why not just wait for the new 1.0 version prolly coming this week
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    That's really an awesome sounding app. But I can't seem to find it for download it anywhere. Could someone please post a link to a valid file? (for any version)
    Hang tight for just a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    the older version is in the download section under "iphone software" why not just wait for the new 1.0 version prolly coming this week
    This weekend!

Question regarding the fourth row of icons, what other three apps should be standard? iLauncher is in the #13 spot, I'm thinking:
    14 - Installer
    15 - rSBT
    16 - Launcher

The problem is most if not all the themes don't have icons for these apps and on themes like dkGlobal, dkWires(gunmetal4) and dkMatrix it will look like crap. However this would make the themes more 'universal'

What I'm finding is there isn't a standard set, the ones I'm suggesting allow for the most flexibility. With rSBT the user can even customize the homescreen once the theme loads.

Personally I only use iLauncher I mean it looks cool (imho) and holds every other app I want / need but I need to think about the poor sap that just installs iSwitcher and doesn't have iLauncher installed and loads up the new theme and now he/she can't get to anything.

The sooner I see a couple of replies the sooner I'll upload v0.6 with this new DisplayOrder.plist file.

Thanks

upload!
    Hit Thanks!

Default iSwitcher v0.65 - RELEASE
    upload!
    Okay, here you go LINK HERE

This version is just a tweak for the all the themes (see sample). This should allow a larger audience. As long as you have rSBT, iLauncher, Launcher or Installer installed you'll have full control over your themes.

iSwitcher v0.65 info:
    Allows on the fly theme swapping. This package comes with 5 sample themes that are installed in /var/root/Media/Themes. You can override ANY theme by installing a DisplayOrder.plist file into the <themeName>.thm folder. You can also override ALL themes by placing a DisplayOrder.plist file into /var/root/Media/ThemeMaster.

WARNING: This application will overwrite /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist when switching themes. It displays iLauncher, Installer, rSBT and Launcher on the fourth row. Make a BACKUP OF YOUR DisplayOrder.plist FILE FIRST.

The download is a zip file but just remove the .zip and you're all set with a pxl package for Breezy or iBrickr.

Please REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS version and theme packs (Finder app is REALLY good for this!).

Please post results....

Sample screens below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -cgoem.png   -dkwires.png   -cggm4.png  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

SundayDuffer (09-01-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Okay, here you go LINK HERE

This version is just a tweak for the all the themes (see sample). This should allow a larger audience. As long as you have rSBT, iLauncher, Launcher or Installer installed you'll have full control over your themes.

iSwitcher v0.65 info:
    Allows on the fly theme swapping. This package comes with 5 sample themes that are installed in /var/root/Media/Themes. You can override ANY theme by installing a DisplayOrder.plist file into the <themeName>.thm folder. You can also override ALL themes by placing a DisplayOrder.plist file into /var/root/Media/ThemeMaster.

WARNING: This application will overwrite /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist when switching themes. It displays iLauncher, Installer, rSBT and Launcher on the fourth row. Make a BACKUP OF YOUR DisplayOrder.plist FILE FIRST.

The download is a zip file but just remove the .zip and you're all set with a pxl package for Breezy or iBrickr.

Please REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS version and theme packs (Finder app is REALLY good for this!).

Please post results....

Sample screens below
    Okay, you have the apps working and they are installed like
    /Applications/thm.cgOEM.app right?
    Then you put the zip theme files into:
    /var/root/Media/Themes ?

The install script is running if you are seeing the loading screen and it locks (reboots SpringBoard).

Do you have the 'ditto' command in /usr/bin and did you chmod +x it? The ditto command is what is used to copy the icons into their proper location. It will not install the new icons without ditto.
    I ran into this problem this morning! I have v 2.0 so I need to dl the newest version but how do I fix this problem of the themes not changing? I am new at this stuff so that's why I have no clue what the "ditto" thing is and how to put that in usr/bin.
    Also I am using WIN Scp to load everything. I love the Launcher program by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by aduran View Post
    I ran into this problem this morning! I have v 2.0 so I need to dl the newest version but how do I fix this problem of the themes not changing? I am new at this stuff so that's why I have no clue what the "ditto" thing is and how to put that in usr/bin.
    Also I am using WIN Scp to load everything. I love the Launcher program by the way!
    Remove everything and install the new version. If you use Installer you should also install the binkit. That will save you from messing around with chmod.

Man I appreciate the info. But like I said all this stuff is ober my head but I can follow directions well. What app are you talking about when you mention Installer and binkit?

Hi Gregg - Ste here, from Ste Packaging (for Installer.app). I've been looking at your application and it looks pretty sweet. I was waiting for you to move your themes out of the /Applications directory, and I see you have. I'll take a look at it again now and see if I can get it ready for the Installer.app crowd.

-ste

Thanks

why do we need rSBT?

A little help please!! I had the older version of iSwitcher installed and I kept running into the problem of opening up the app and click on the theme and it would say installing but then when it switched back to the home screen....nothing changed. I downloaded the newest version and I got the icon and everything but when I click on it....it's just a black screen. Did I miss something??

Quote Originally Posted by aduran View Post
    Man I appreciate the info. But like I said all this stuff is ober my head but I can follow directions well. What app are you talking about when you mention Installer and binkit?
    PM me and I'll help you.

Quote Originally Posted by sterickson View Post
    Hi Greg - Ste here, from Ste Packaging (for Installer.app). I've been looking at your application and it looks pretty sweet. I was waiting for you to move your themes out of the /Applications directory, and I see you have. I'll take a look at it again now and see if I can get it ready for the Installer.app crowd.

-ste
    Sweet Let me know how I can help - I'd love to get iSwitcher into Installer

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    why do we need rSBT?
    So far it's the easiest way to re-organize your homescreen. My dilemma is there are so many different homescreen configurations I can't (or rather won't) make icons for every single app.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Greg,
    I was successfully able to use your current dkMatrix.thm and replaced with my own icons...looks great...love it.

Now, how do i add my own themes (themes that i downloaded from others)..separate from yours..and implement that into iswitcher?

How do i create a thm.preview.png ? do i really need this?

How do i create a info.plist? do i really need this?

Thanks Greg.
    Josh

PM me and I'll help you.
    If you have IM then look for me (TLBoy02). That might be easier. I'm sure I'm just missing a simple little thing. It's just frustrating and I got about 30 min left on my laptop before my battery dies and I forgot to bring my charger.

ill wait until this goes in installer - too complicated to install
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Greg,
    I was successfully able to use your current dkMatrix.thm and replaced with my own icons...looks great...love it.

Now, how do i add my own themes (themes that i downloaded from others)..separate from yours..and implement that into iswitcher?

How do i create a thm.preview.png ? do i really need this?

How do i create a info.plist? do i really need this?

Thanks Greg.
    Josh
    Hey Josh,

I'll work on a "how-to" later but for now, here's a more detailed explanation from my first post:

Developer notes:
    Info.plist information MUST match the theme name, zip file name and theme folder name (see sample). The easiest way is to simply copy one of the included theme folders, rename it and just edit the information.

CFBundleExecutable and CFBundleIdentifier must match the folder name. In our example the theme would look like this: Let me expand this, here's what the theme folder would look like
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/name_of_theme.thm.zip
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/Info.plist
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/thm.preview.png
    --- optional items ----
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/SBDockBG2.png
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/DisplayOrder.plist

The thm.preview.png should be a full screen preview of your theme and IS required. Your theme will not be displayed without this file. It can be any .png image you want to display for your theme but it should be 320x480.

In addition, create the theme icon zip file using the ditto command, all icons in one folder named exactly the same as the application folder name (phone icon is MobilePhone.png). Also put the icon-Camera.png and icon-Photos.png in the folder. Test extract the zip file and it must not extract to a subfolder.

Sample Info.plist file:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>English</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

The Info.plist file is also a critical component It is referenced when unzipping the theme file.

The biggest problem with custom themes so far is creating the zip file. I've found you can not use the "create archive" command in OS X. The file, so far, must be created with the 'ditto' command. I have not tested a zip file made on a Windows PC.

ill wait until this goes in installer - too complicated to install
    It's actually very easy to install with Breezy or iBrickr

Thoughts for next update (thanks extremis!)
    When you first launch iSwitcher it will create a copy of your original DisplayOrder.plist file and put it in the 1.thm folder. This is the 'menu' folder and is installed with iSwitcher. I'll revise the image to tell the user that by selecting this image it will restore their original DisplayOrder.plist file.

Stay tuned....
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-02-2007 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast