Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
This version of iSwitcher is rockin'...i've got your included themes working and about 6 of my own. Is there a website for this app yet to share themes, or would
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This version of iSwitcher is rockin'...i've got your included themes working and about 6 of my own. Is there a website for this app yet to share themes, or would it be best via modmyi....

Also, would love for iSwitcher to be expanded to include more theme elements - dialer keypad, lock keypad, calculator, etc.

Thanks for the great work, enjoying having multiple themes all switchable from my phone!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to organik For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (09-02-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    This version of iSwitcher is rockin'...i've got your included themes working and about 6 of my own. Is there a website for this app yet to share themes, or would it be best via modmyi....

Also, would love for iSwitcher to be expanded to include more theme elements - dialer keypad, lock keypad, calculator, etc.

Thanks for the great work, enjoying having multiple themes all switchable from my phone!
    Make a zip file of your themes and upload it to the download section; would be awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post

Very cool thanks for posting, it's encouraging to see people that are uisng it. and by all means share those themes. I have a second theme pack ready but I'm focusing on this update at the moment. Oh and can you PM me? If it's okay I'd like to check out your themes too!

Re: Other elements for a complete package. I am keeping that for a later revision and here's why. I'm concerned that if we release a really cool theme-pak with lots of the extra elements it would be great for that one theme but what happens when you load another theme that didn't have all those cool elements? That's right, no you've got some mongrel theme that you just know will look like ***** (the dock is a good example, if you load the Matrix theme and then load the OEM theme, if I forgot to include the OEM dock it would not look good) In order to deal with that and prevent it I need to have the install process basically load all the stock images before it loads the new theme. I was thinking about implementing some preferences but that really won't prevent the problem I just described.

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    Make a zip file of your themes and upload it to the download section; would be awesome.
    I like where you're thinking...

My goal was to have an actual theme section on MMi but I'm not sure I've finalized the design on everything just yet. I'm thinking about adding some extra information to the Info.plist file (it's a wild thought).

Sorry, I guess I'm a little protective and want to make sure I've got a quality product
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-02-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

HELP!HELP!HELP!
    mine is stuck on please wait while new theme loads and never changes theme. help?

I used WinSCP. I downloaded the iswitcher.zip., extracted, placed the iswitcher.app in the apps directory, chmod the iswitcher app, put the themes folder in var/root/media, what am i missing?
    Last edited by j00sh; 09-02-2007 at 12:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any way to download more themes in the format/package that it can be used with iswitcher ? or u think everyone is now gonna rls the themes in a package ? since everyone has now access to install iswitvher and ilauncher and rsbt ..

Thanks

CyberGreg, I like that the GunMetal 4 theme with the wires was added to v.65, Thank you! I also like the idea of having a dedicated theme download section for iSwitcher themes. Keep up the good work, by far my favorite app for the iPhone. what are the differences in v.65 vs v.5, are the themes interchangable?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

If you guys are willing to upload your themes, I can pop a sub-section up there for iSwitcher themes. Anybody?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

I've got several themes I'll share. Also, I was getting tired of the command line zippage necessary, so I used OnMyCommand (it's free) to make a droplet to skip all that typing. Not sure if you can use it without OMC, but here it is: Ditto Zip Droplet

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

All right, sub category added.

Thanks

Default Organik Themes for iSwitcher
    Can't seem to upload to this category, just get returned to the add file screen. Is there a size limit? My zip is 8.6mb...doesn't seem like too much.

Until the category is working, my themes for iSwitcher can be downloaded HERE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-centralparkv2.png   iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-chrysanthemum.png   iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-green.png   iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-lasvegas.png   iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-lovebubbles.png   iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-oem_big.png   iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-sedona.png   iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-vintageleopard.png  

iSwitcher v0.5 (Major update)-vintagephoto.png  
    Last edited by organik; 09-02-2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added themes

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yah 8.6 MB is a little big for the PHP upload, it gets time out errors. Is that ONE theme?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yah 8.6 MB is a little big for the PHP upload, it gets time out errors. Is that ONE theme?
    nope - 9 of em. I'll add them separately. Just my laziness.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This version of iSwitcher is rockin'...i've got your included themes working and about 6 of my own. Is there a website for this app yet to share themes, or would it be best via modmyi
    I got everything finally working but I am confused about how to get my own themes (ones downloaded from others) into iSwitcher. I am mainly confused with the zip folder.

Thanks

Not sure whats going on.

Launching Switcher goes from the black screen with the grey top to just a black screen.

iSwitcher in place
    Themes in place
    If BSD has been installed do I need to load your unix files, last time i didnt.

This is after a fresh restore so nothing is conflicting.

I had the old version working just fine.

Can I run a master display order file? That was the largest PITA with the old one that everytime I added a new theme or app I had to modify each theme's display order so the file or app didnt show up on the screen. I used it in conjunction with iLauncher. Can I ditch the display order in the zip file if I use a global theme display order?
    Last edited by darngooddesign; 09-02-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I accidently erased my Themes folder and now I can't get the iSwitcher program to restore!! What did I do?

Nevermind........I got it after a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Hey Josh,

I'll work on a "how-to" later but for now, here's a more detailed explanation from my first post:

Developer notes:
    Info.plist information MUST match the theme name, zip file name and theme folder name (see sample). The easiest way is to simply copy one of the included theme folders, rename it and just edit the information.

CFBundleExecutable and CFBundleIdentifier must match the folder name. In our example the theme would look like this: Let me expand this, here's what the theme folder would look like
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/name_of_theme.thm.zip
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/Info.plist
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/thm.preview.png
    --- optional items ----
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/SBDockBG2.png
    /var/root/Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/DisplayOrder.plist

The thm.preview.png should be a full screen preview of your theme and IS required. Your theme will not be displayed without this file. It can be any .png image you want to display for your theme but it should be 320x480.

In addition, create the theme icon zip file using the ditto command, all icons in one folder named exactly the same as the application folder name (phone icon is MobilePhone.png). Also put the icon-Camera.png and icon-Photos.png in the folder. Test extract the zip file and it must not extract to a subfolder.

Sample Info.plist file:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>English</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>name_of_theme.thm</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>name_of_theme.thm</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

The Info.plist file is also a critical component It is referenced when unzipping the theme file.

The biggest problem with custom themes so far is creating the zip file. I've found you can not use the "create archive" command in OS X. The file, so far, must be created with the 'ditto' command. I have not tested a zip file made on a Windows PC.

It's actually very easy to install with Breezy or iBrickr

Thoughts for next update (thanks extremis!)
    When you first launch iSwitcher it will create a copy of your original DisplayOrder.plist file and put it in the 1.thm folder. This is the 'menu' folder and is installed with iSwitcher. I'll revise the image to tell the user that by selecting this image it will restore their original DisplayOrder.plist file.

Stay tuned....
    The biggest problem with custom themes so far is creating the zip file. I've found you can not use the "create archive" command in OS X. The file, so far, must be created with the 'ditto' command. I have not tested a zip file made on a Windows PC.
    How do I use the ditto command to upload that icons folder? I got my theme to display in iSwitcher but when I click on it, it goes through it's process but then when it's done.....I'm still left with the same theme.
    Last edited by aduran; 09-02-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ight=iswitcher

post #58 CyberGreg explained it to me. Hope this Helps. Thanks for the subcategory PF.

Green Apple
    Thanks

can we get a link to this please, the .mac one doesnt work ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedemonV12 View Post
    can we get a link to this please, the .mac one doesnt work ...

PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD

v0.65 no longer available - v0.80 has been released. Please discuss issue in that thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aduran View Post
    I accidently erased my Themes folder and now I can't get the iSwitcher program to restore!! What did I do?

Nevermind........I got it after a bit.

How do I use the ditto command to upload that icons folder? I got my theme to display in iSwitcher but when I click on it, it goes through it's process but then when it's done.....I'm still left with the same theme.
    Please upgrade to v0.80 Link to new thread

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Not sure whats going on.

Can I run a master display order file? That was the largest PITA with the old one that everytime I added a new theme or app I had to modify each theme's display order so the file or app didnt show up on the screen. I used it in conjunction with iLauncher. Can I ditch the display order in the zip file if I use a global theme display order?
    YES the DisplayOrder.plist file that is stored in /var/root/Media/ThemeMaster is copied last. You don't have to remove the DisplayOrder.plist file from the zip file, that's the rationale behine the loading order.
    First from the zip file
    Second from the <name_of_theme>.thm folder
    Last from ThemeMaster.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Greg,
    I was successfully able to use your current dkMatrix.thm and replaced with my own icons...looks great...love it.

Now, how do i add my own themes (themes that i downloaded from others)..separate from yours..and implement that into iswitcher?

How do i create a thm.preview.png ? do i really need this?

How do i create a info.plist? do i really need this?

Thanks Greg.
    Josh
    Josh - v0.80 will build the Info.plist file for you (and the preview.png, well it copies one for you). In the new thread I'll be sure to post a "how-to" hack iSwitcher
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-02-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts