Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock 2.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    I like it a lot! Of course, it makes me want to go back to the original icons... looks a little funny with my custom icons which have the bg in them.
    I know! Damn Icons. Poetic.. I made these for it.... http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...2774#post22774
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Green Apple
    Thanks

WHAT HAPPENED? THIS WAS THE COOLEST LAUNCHER YET! with the new sunburst and everything and the icons flying out from the side! I was totally stoked! Until I saw an update in installer and i thought, "oh wow! maybe they've added something, like preferences so you can choose stuff to put in and take out!" Then I update and it's back to the old scrolling icon dock! WTF dude! at least give a warning!

The new version from this morning was great. Now I'm going to have to get rid of it again and go back to the stupid launcher app. thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Man, a new update came out for 1.0 in installer and now it has taken away my 2.0 dock I want it back
    I feel ya dude. I want it back
    Last edited by MrNoSox; 09-01-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how can we get it back?

anyone got a link to 2.0?
    (not in that .pxl format.)

Default can someone please compile Nate's Dock 2.0?
    I agree, i liked 2.0 much better, v1 is way too buggy... i believe this is the link to the source code, can some one please compile it and post it in the downloads sections?

http://svn.natetrue.com/dock/

how come i cant see it in the installer i only see version
    1.01-1???????????????????????????
    i want version 2.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i wont let me uninstall dock :-/

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    i wont let me uninstall dock :-/
    i want 2.0 back !!!!!my bmw got updated to a ford,,damn installer

why is it a big curve... kind of inconsistent. why not make it like the standard dock like a straight line at the side or bottom?

Is there a way, to use iBrickr, to install the programs, but not have them show up on the springboard, but only through the dock?

how about this...

instead of that half circle... when u move ur finger from right to left..or w/e side u CHOOSE*..it brings a dock out from that side..and u just scroll...kinda like it did on 1.0.. but instead of being an overlay its hidden till u want it..pick app then it slides away again?

I just want to say this the best launcher to hit the iphone. I just hope you make them 2 separate applications the first dock and the 2nd dock are totally diffrent and they should be that way.

Thanks

Ok dammit... Has anyone else said that the next version should be boyh of the concepts he keeps switching back and forth. This is my favorite app to come out and by favorite i mean both of them. I want the 4th row scroller on the homepage but when im in applications i want the sunburst option with a preferences button to choose what apps show. Or maybe the l_icon.png idea with iLauncher

im thinking a cover flow-like launcher.
    imagine u turn the phone landscape on the home screen and it turns into a cover flow dock/launcher.

would be sick.

and btw, v2.0 is back on installer

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

well v2.01

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fred777 View Post
    im thinking a cover flow-like launcher.
    imagine u turn the phone landscape on the home screen and it turns into a cover flow dock/launcher.

would be sick.

and btw, v2.0 is back on installer
    that would be badass.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 09-01-2007 at 07:56 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    that would badass.
    agreed! man im getting way too excited about this stuff
    i wish i knew how to program, next semester i am definately going to try to take some programming classes

I (Ste of "Ste Packaging") caused the forced downgrade from Dock 2.0 to Dock 1.01, for Installer.app users - Nate hasn't flip-flopped his program.

Dock 2.0 had a race condition with the SpringBoard. What would happen, for many, but not all, folks, was that if the SB was restarted and Dock 2.0 started first, the SB could not finish starting and their iPhone would be hung. Many people had this happen on startup also, causing them to have to restore just to get control of their iPhone again.

I found this unacceptable, so I put out the downgrading upgrade as a stop-gap, until I could reach Nate and get him to look at the program (he's out celebrating his birthday today). When he popped up, I explained it to him and he made a change and I put Dock 2.01 up.

I have a responsibility to the many thousands - yes, thousands - of folks who install the apps I put up for dl'ing. I hated to have to do the downgrade, but felt I had to. I'm glad the new version came out quickly.

-ste

exactly..i second that opinion about if your sitting at your home page..and then u flip it to the side....BOOM...all ur icons show up and u can just scroll thru them and pick what u want.

digitalkid56
    NP Sterickson.. Do what you gotta do.. GREAT JOB!!
    I think you should open your own thread here or a link to your projects so you can keep the masses informed and maybe get some input on what the majority of your fans are looking for..

I second errr third that cover flow idea!! even a mini coverflow on the 4th row would be neat.. but you would need to make just 1 launchable app on the 4th row in the middle, the 2 sides are angled icons of the previous and next applications.. I dunno if that would work since the top section only support 4 columns..

maybe we could shift the dock apps up, and make the coverflow style on the bottom, since the bottom row (or the dock) supports more than 4 icons..
    Last edited by digitalkid56; 09-01-2007 at 07:33 PM.

This is a really cool app. I do have a problem sometimes activating the sunburst, and my thumb covers the large icon preview. I like it better than the scolling dock. My only concern is if that sunburst constantly in the corner will damage the pixels there eventually. Really cool though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast