+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock 2.0 Released

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by ryaker But niether version was working the way it was intended so before trying another concept can we fully debug the present implementation. Anyway to have a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryaker View Post
    But niether version was working the way it was intended so before trying another concept can we fully debug the present implementation.
    Anyway to have a setting that lets the user choose between the 2 dock concepts. That way we can each choose the way we like better.

Its just important that it gets cleaned up bugwise. The old method had the dock showing up in aps covering the app, and this one its hard for me to consistently get the starburst to expand to get to the dock.
    Sometimes it doesn't work at all sometimes the button, or icon closest to the lower right cornert launches.
    +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

You guys are full of complaints seriously get over the little stuff for god sake its version 1.0 basically of the new dock concept... if you like the old one then make a copy of the old file before you upgrade jesus christ... GREAT APP TO THE DEV BTW I LOVE IT!

EDIT: give it time the dev will add all the features you are wanting .... take NES for example... IT TAKES TIME TO DEVELOP SOMETHING !!!! Read the dudes blog for dock... he said he just made this over a couple nights.... seriously give him a break

A++ in my book.
    Last edited by CharlesJV; 08-31-2007 at 05:58 PM.
    iPhone 3G 8GB (2.0.2), iPhone 2G 8GB (2.0.2)

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 15inch, 4GB Ram

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz (OC 3.8ghz)
    4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is a forum...
    and we can talk about the things we dislike or like about it if we want to!
    what else would we talk about in a thread about the Dock?

and i find it interesting to hear which version people prefer.
    and maybe the creators of it want to hear what people are saying about it?

I PREFER VERSION 2

Green Apple
    Thanks

i agree let them talk about what versions they like whatever but the complaining its uncalled for ... how bout suggestions instead.... that sounds logical don't it

im done bye

4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default who is complaining
    No one is compolaining. Telling what works and what doesn't is bug reports, not complaining. Its not like JIRA or bugzilla is setup to track bugs on these very cool new iphone apps. I think thye guy who wrote dock, both versions did a great job.

Green Apple
    Thanks

can I get v1 back?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

its funny most people in this thread like v1 and people in this thread
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...?t=3527&page=2
    like v2

personally i like both....i wish i could have both installed at the same time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SubZ3r0's Avatar
    Thanks

truth is...if there waz a better way to activate it...other then a small sun burst...i bet EVERYONE..would like V-What ever number..

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revroy View Post
    can I get v1 back?
    yes:
    uninstall v2 from installer.app
    download v1 from Here which is linked off of Here

drop app in /bin , change properties to normal executable
    drop com file in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Does this only work if you've updated to .02 firmware? I have it installed via installer.app and i get the sun in the bottom right corner but thats it. No matter how many times I move my finger over it nothing happens. Still just a little sun in the corner.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

mine isn't working so hot. i installed it... then my iphone started totally freaking out. the icons kept flying in from the outside of the window (like what happens when you close an app) over and over. i had to do a hard restart to get anything to work again. after restarting, i tried accessing the dock and it was totally screwed up so i ended up uninstalling it.

maybe the next version...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Does this only work if you've updated to .02 firmware? I have it installed via installer.app and i get the sun in the bottom right corner but thats it. No matter how many times I move my finger over it nothing happens. Still just a little sun in the corner.
    OK got version 2 to work. This is how you do it. Put your finger on top of the sunburst and slide it towards the other icons on the screen. By doing this you will see a rainbow type of icons. Just make sure you keep your finger on the screen until you see the icon that you want to open. It's pretty cool concept. Keep up the good work. Thanks

the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Thanks

its easy to use if you slide your finger from off the screen completly inwards from the corner. but its hard to do that when you have a case. i thinkits badass.. itd be cool to customize what icons it shows cause i thik itd be better without the stock apps in there..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really like v2....

Three suggestions:

1.) Move the "selected" icon from the lower-right (90 degree) corner of the "pie slice" thingy to the top right corner.

2.) Add the ability to choose which icons display (even if it's some sort of .plist edit).

3.) Consider changing the DisplayOrder.plist to dock the launcher there (in the stock iPod position) and make the activation "touchable" area a lot bigger, even if it's transparent.

Aside from that, much preferred from v1!
    Last edited by stumpy_C; 08-31-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks

Has anyone gotten it to work if they have the ifuntastic 4 pages. Just wondering b/c mine wont work with that after i intalled the app onto the phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really enjoy this thing a bunch!, reason i would never use v1 is one, it uses up 4 icons that i already use, and two it was buggy, showing up in other apps, from what i heard. I love v2!

4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great app indeed, but it broke screenshot
    Code:
    screenshot[125:d03] Couldn't register with bootstrap server unknown error code (0x44f); failing...
    125: ABORT: Unable to register "UnknownPurpleApp" port, 1103 unknown error code
    Abort trap

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy_C View Post
    I really like v2....

Three suggestions:

1.) Move the "selected" icon from the lower-right (90 degree) corner of the "pie slice" thingy to the top right corner.

2.) Add the ability to choose which icons display (even if it's some sort of .plist edit).

3.) Consider changing the DisplayOrder.plist to dock the launcher there (in the stock iPod position) and make the activation "touchable" area a lot bigger, even if it's transparent.

Aside from that, much preferred from v1!
    #1-----or move it to the left side of the screen so you can use your right hand without blocking the selected icon
    oh **** thats the second time i am righting this.
    o well

digitalkid56
    i'd really like to see a collaboration of all the devs work on a SpringBoard replacement instead of add-on's. This concept is totally cool, yet a little cluttered. They need to get back in the theme of "Apple".

After all the themes I've tried, I've been back to the stock icons for a while now.. I keep making new stuff, but reverting back to stock immediately after. Just the simplicity and the clean look of it all.

Dev's should create apps in the same style, yet leave it open for themers to change the look. That's just my take on all this 3rd part craziness.. I can't even find time to create a theme that will replace all the apps, so I'll just wait til the mass explosion of apps to die down, then make a clean ish theme including the top 10-20 apps.

If any of the devs are reading these forums, GOOD JOB!!! keep it up..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Man, a new update came out for 1.0 in installer and now it has taken away my 2.0 dock I want it back