Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 SMS Order Bug Patched

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool 1.1.3 SMS Order Bug Patched
    Hi everyone!
    Although it's a little late, for those (like me) who are still on 1.1.3 and are going to wait until 1.1.4 is properly Jailbroken/Unlocked, I've made a patch for 1.1.3 SMS Order bug!
    I've attached a file (CoreTelephony.zip) first unzip it and the use ssh/... to copy "CoreTelephony" over to
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework
    don't forget to set the executable flag on this file, and then restart your phone. Now your SMS's are in the proper order (like they were in 1.1.1)

I'd really appreciate it if MMi could kindly add this patch to it's repository!

If there's any bugs/... please tell me in this thread so I can fix it.

Have Fun!
    -- Shayan Ostad Hassan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shayanoh; 02-28-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: typo

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shayanoh For This Useful Post:

almudawi (02-27-2008), chanakyashah (02-27-2008), chillypbear (03-28-2008), grado33 (02-27-2008), justincase102 (03-13-2008), Mehrzad6262 (02-27-2008), nameghino (02-28-2008), _lol_ (02-29-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

that should help a lot of people good job!
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

they are ordered in my phone, but the timestamp is still wrong

Thanks, it works fine for me

worked for me toooo thankkkkkkkk u

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats what I loved about 114

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    they are ordered in my phone, but the timestamp is still wrong
    The timestamp were wrong in 1.1.1 too! only the sorting was on the order they were received, not by timestamp. in 1.1.3 they changed it to timestamp, which I patched back to the received order!

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    Thats what I loved about 114
    Is it completely fixed in 1.1.4? (Is the timestamp correct too? or they just changed the sorting order?)
    Last edited by shayanoh; 02-28-2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Thanks
    Thanks.. that fixed my issue.. and you can also upload it to the phone using iphonebrowser (after installing the ibrickr fix)

sorry to sound like such an ignorant person but i have this problem too and would love a resolution. from what i understand above, the time stamp will still be wrong but the displayed order will at least be accurate. I could live with that but I have no idea how to perform the steps you mention (use ssh/... to copy "CoreTelephony" over to
    don't forget to set the executable flag on this file,...). Never used ssh, wouldn't even know where to find this. is it a prog on the pc? on the iphone? I have a 1.1.3 iphone (was otb 1.1.3 and someone unlocked it for me with some software and a SIM addition called hypersim). Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by znino View Post
    sorry to sound like such an ignorant person but i have this problem too and would love a resolution. from what i understand above, the time stamp will still be wrong but the displayed order will at least be accurate. I could live with that but I have no idea how to perform the steps you mention (use ssh/... to copy "CoreTelephony" over to
    don't forget to set the executable flag on this file,...). Never used ssh, wouldn't even know where to find this. is it a prog on the pc? on the iphone? I have a 1.1.3 iphone (was otb 1.1.3 and someone unlocked it for me with some software and a SIM addition called hypersim). Thanks.
    There are quite a few ways to accomplish this. If you search this forum you can find very detailed instructions on how to do so. I don't know all the ways, but the way I do it is as follows:
    First you need to have ssh installed on your iPhone. Either use Installer.app and install OpenSSH, or on a mac use iNdependence to install ssh. after that you need to be on the same WiFi network with your iPhone and know it's IP Address. Then use CyberDuck if you're on a mac, or WinSCP if you're on windows, and connect to your phone, and copy the file where it should be.
    Then you should get the file's properties on iPhone using CyberDuck or WinSCP. In cyberduck, there are three checkmarks called executable, they should be checked. Don't know how it is in WinSCP.

Hope this can help you. Sorry I don't know any easier ways. That's how I do it.

thanks. i will try that

I can't seem to see this file (coretelephony.network) attached to the thread. how can I get it? thanks.
    Last edited by znino; 03-13-2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by znino View Post
    thanks. i will try that

I can't seem to see this file (coretelephony.network) attached to the thread. how can I get it? thanks.
    Its name is Coretelephony.framework and it's attached as a ZIP file to my first post in this thread...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

fantastic! thanks!!!

Is there any way to see the correct timestamp?? I'm in 1.1.4. I used a timefix app but it's really ugly I want to remove it. Thanx a lot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I worked on this a lot but I couldn't find a way to figure it out, timestamps are really random!
    What's the fix you're using for 1.1.4? if you could point me to that fix, maybe it'll help me make a nice patch.

all my characters work on my 4gb iphone except the bottom row space numerical key etc please someone help is there a different keyboard i can use for iphone or a fix for this thanks