+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: KILLME and SPOOFMAC

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
just installed these from cydia. Im not 100% clear on how to use them. Killme allows you to stop apps from running in the background. SpoofMac does what it says,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default KILLME and SPOOFMAC
    just installed these from cydia. Im not 100% clear on how to use them. Killme allows you to stop apps from running in the background. SpoofMac does what it says, spoofs mac address. Anyone care to give more info?
    Last edited by monroe0605; 09-22-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks

Info = Read up before installing.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Do not download something if you don't know what it is....god some people have nerve. They download a program and they somehow claim it ruined their phone. This is all because of their stupidity.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    do not download something if you don't know what it is....god some people have nerve. They download a program and they somehow claim it ruined their phone. This is all because of their stupidity.
    couldn't agreee more!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i would like to know how to disable the spoof.. i downloaded it ut im not goign to use it until i know i can disable it because i have mac filtering on my wifi network

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, the guy just asked for more info and he is being whipped by everyone. I didn't hear him say he was having problems or that the apps screwed up his phone, he just wanted more info. So try not jumping the gun next time and wait for him to actually do something stupid before you call him him on it. (Like you have never downloaded an app on your computer or iphone to see what it does before you were actually "100% clear"......PLEASE!!!)
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 09-22-2008 at 10:44 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

Heaiser (09-22-2008), monroe0605 (09-22-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I said I wasn't a 100% clear as to what they did. Ofcourse I read the info before downloading anything,but there were no posts about these two apps. You all need to read more carefully. "I wasn't 100% clear" so that should already tell you I have some clue as to what they do, but I'm not all that sure. What happened to the helpful community this used to be?

Thanks dr33rocks. Atleast someone understood my post clearly.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

And what i said is that you should not download apps if you don't know how to use them or what they do. It will surely save those of us, who do know what they do and how to use them, the time and effort helping you fix your phone and use the program properly. GOOGLE IT.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And what i said is that you should not download apps if you don't know how to use them or what they do. It will surely save those of us, who do know what they do and how to use them, the time and effort helping you fix your phone and use the program properly. GOOGLE IT.
    Then since you know what these apps do (Mr. I never download anything until I am 100% sure what it does and how i use it) just answer his question and quit being a jerk. And if your tired of helping fix phones that people mess up by not using the program properly, then I have one word for you, STOP!
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 09-22-2008 at 12:22 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

Heaiser (09-22-2008)

Thanks

does SpoofMAC emulate or really change the mac address?

and will the mac adress be resetted with a dfu-restore?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, handslapping the OP aside, I'm an experienced user, and I understand what MAC address spoofing means, etc. Unfortunately for all of us, nobody's bothered to answer the original question here, and I'd like to know myself... So I'll restate it to save some soul the need for scrolling back in order to remember it... Is there an easy way to revert the spoofed MAC address back to the original? Does one set the address back to the app's default (00:00:00:00:00), or does one manually input the device's native MAC address in the app? Thanks to anyone for an on-topic discussion.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do not download something if you don't know what it is....god some people have nerve. They download a program and they somehow claim it ruined their phone. This is all because of their stupidity.

Geez all he asked for was some help in a public forum. Dont have to be a *****.