Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launchesforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
Forget Categories and Dock.. Stacks is back i cant wait to put this on my phone...
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM #41
Forget Categories and Dock.. Stacks is back i cant wait to put this on my phone
09-26-2008, 10:25 AM #42
I got excited about the title of the thread thinking that a bluetooth stack was being prepared for release.
Then I was surprised to see what as actually being made. It looks awesome. I have never heard of this app before now and I will definitely use it.
09-26-2008, 06:06 PM #43
this guy should seriously show this to apple somehow
09-28-2008, 02:04 PM #44
Major update: Stack released in cydia
stack is released! In cydia on ste repo.
The Following User Says Thank You to jabbawalkee For This Useful Post:
09-28-2008, 02:33 PM #45
WOW!!!! Works amazingly, excpet how do you use the app it is covering? I'll have to replace the icon or something so it's invisible. This is so easy to use. Get poof then you can hide them so they don't appear apart from the stack.
09-28-2008, 02:34 PM #46
just installed not liking how u have to only have 2 apps in ur dock..still seems great so far
09-28-2008, 02:44 PM #47
it adds them to stack just fine, but does that mean i now have to hide them from the springboard with poof? everytime i add an icon to the stack, it either goes behind the stack or adds it as a third icon for the dock, anyone else getting that?
09-28-2008, 02:54 PM #48
yup its stanks, i wish it automatically hid them, its not as easy as he makes it sound
btw to tackle having ur 4th app in the dock under the stack, i put a blank app there and put ipod into the stack. also ur third icon in the stack is the one that it shows first on the stack
Last edited by wgm214; 09-28-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to wgm214 For This Useful Post:
09-28-2008, 03:02 PM #49
Wow, this app is slick. Been waiting for it to show up on 2.x for a while and was glad to see it on Cydia just now. However, I do have a few suggestions/requests that I might as well post here:
1. Allow the Stack to be moved around within the dock.
2. Make it so that the Stack is its own entity within the dock, instead of covering up whatever icon is underneath it. You can work around this now by using a blank app/webclip, but it would still be a nice fix.
3. 5-icon dock support! I'd love to have the Stack sitting right in the middle of my dock, but I don't even know if this would be possible due to the size of the Stack when multiple apps are loaded into it.
4. Use the first icon in the Stack as the primary icon instead of the third. As an example, the default dock order on the iPhone is Phone/Mail/Safari/iPod. If I load them into the Stack in that order the Stack icon is that of Safari, not Phone which is what I'd prefer.
5. Allow the actual moving of apps into the Stack so that they disappear from the SpringBoard, and also allow moving apps from the Stack back onto the SpringBoard. Not super necessary but would be pretty sweet.
6. I saved this for last since I've already seen it requested, but having multiple Stacks would be pretty cool as well. For now though I'm good with one as the grid few holds more than enough.
Let me just say that I absolutely dig this app even as it is now, but just wanted to offer some ideas for improvement based on my experience with it so far. This is definitely gonna be on my iPhone for a long time to come.
09-28-2008, 03:03 PM #50
i added one black app to the dock, but as for the fourth, wouldnt that add the blank app to the stack? because youre dragging it over to the stack
09-28-2008, 03:19 PM #51
09-28-2008, 03:21 PM #52
so where is my 4th (mail.app) app now? i installed stacks and its gone, its not even in it..iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM #53
(To be fixed in a future release)
(Yes I know you could use Poof, I recommend doing so if it works =))
Last edited by steventroughtonsmith; 09-28-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to steventroughtonsmith For This Useful Post:
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM #54
maybe a stack controller app would be a good idea, u wouldnt have t deal with hiding, and maybe u could set an option to make the stack an actual icon int he dock
09-28-2008, 03:40 PM #55
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM #56
i wish it had 2 stacks not just one i made one for games i want another one for the rest of the apps. Also in the curved option the icons are sketchy. Other then that its a cool app i used poof and rename. I put poof under the transperency and renamed it games so it looks like a catagory.
09-28-2008, 03:44 PM #57
Two things specifically that I'm immensely appreciative of in this much anticipated release-- the fact that you maintain icon themes within the stacks grid view and the fact that stacks is quick. While I like categories, I just can't deal with the sluggish "Loading" screen/time when I click on a folder.
Your app is just what I was looking for! Thanks,iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM #58
Multiple stacks, will they ever be possible? I really hope so. I'm using catagories in the stacks, it's cool but a stack for a catagory is b etter.
09-28-2008, 03:56 PM #59
all i need is a better way of hiding them, but seriously this app was perfectly eexecuted so clean
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM #60
super sick app. I like this way better than dock or categories. I second the idea of having multiple stacks and the stack being an actual icon app. But all in all super clean app.