Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launchesforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
Originally Posted by alaiwy You are the MAN zurie! This worked for me. I'm excited! you can also make a Text File in the same directory as iTunnel.exe name the...
10-22-2008, 12:50 PM #41
name the text file whateveryouwant.cmd
inside the ***.cmd file (your new text file) just paste this:
iTunnel.exe 5900 5900
and now you don't have to open a prompt or anything, you can just double click the .cmd file and it will launch iTunnel. then just VNC in.
if you run TightVNC, you can save your connection as a .vnc file and drop it in the same directory that you run iTunnel.exe from - and you can refrence that in the .cmd as well
so your cmd could be like this:
iTunnel.exe 5900 5900
Last edited by zurie; 10-22-2008 at 01:02 PM.
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM #42
Yeah, I just made a batch file to do it. Thanks for your help!
10-26-2008, 10:38 AM #43
10-29-2008, 09:14 AM #44
11-05-2008, 11:10 AM #45USB VNC Howto...
It is possible to do this without using Wireless, although more complicated. If you are familiar with SOCKS, this is easy and straight forward. A brief summary is below...
1. Install UltraVNC
2. Install iTunnel.zip (search for it, and extract)
3. Install Bitvise Tunnelier, or similar app (i use portable apps version, for ease of configuration)
4. Launch iTunnel.cmd from step 2
5. Launch Bitvise Tunnelier
6. Configure your profile (google for assistance)
7. In C2S, add 127.0.0.1:5900 Listen Int:Port and 127.0.0.1:5900 Destination Host:Port and save profile
8. Launch Bitvise Tunnelier (don't close #4)
9. Open UltraVNC, and use 127.0.0.1 as the VNC Server, with Auto in Quick Options.
10. On iPhone, you will have to accept the connection, then you are on!
12-10-2008, 02:05 PM #46
Haha, this is the coolest app ever!
01-22-2009, 12:00 AM #47
i must admit this is awesome
05-26-2009, 10:34 PM #48
when i type in iTunnel.exe 5900 5900
It lods for a few seconds then says bind error.
05-27-2009, 01:30 PM #49
Is there a version of this that works on Vista?
06-18-2009, 11:57 AM #50
i get the same bind error but when i get it to run with the port and not that error vnc tells me that the connection was reset by peer
07-06-2009, 08:06 PM #51using veency with reverse connections through SSH
so lets say your iphone is stolen or ur buddy has it in another country... or you just dont have wifi or a device to veency your iPhone... THIS IS HOW YOU CAN DO IT FROM ANYWHERE TO ANYWHERE WITHOUT WIFI OR ANYTHING!!! JUST USING 3G!!!
use a reverse tunnel from the mobileterminal.app iphone and give command
ssh root@remotecomputerIP -R 1201:localhost:5900
This will send your 5900 veency port to the remote computer on 127.0.0.1:1201
your welcome for solving your problem
07-08-2009, 10:32 AM #52
Veency is now officially working on the 3GS after Saurik's mobilesubstrate update. Enjoy!!!!
EDIT: @michaelwithe21, you are in fact correct. I was just fooling around with it now, before I saw your post and found that doing anything besides viewing the homescreen for a few seconds crashes your iphone into safe mode. I assumed it worked after seeing my iphone screen on my PC, but it is still not functioning correctly by any means.
Last edited by truncj; 07-08-2009 at 03:10 PM.
07-08-2009, 11:41 AM #53
unfortunately it still has issues with the lock up when anything is clicked on... but let me know if I am incorrect...
07-08-2009, 09:18 PM #54
07-12-2009, 01:30 PM #55
07-12-2009, 08:22 PM #56
Its simple really
1. Goto start -> run -> type in cmd
2. Good old fashion command prompt will open
3. For this example throw itunnel.exe on your desktop
4. Type in command prompt without quotes
5. Type in again no quotes
"iTunnel.exe 5900 5900"
6. Leave CMD open and enjoy.
*EDIT* FORGET IT iTunes 8.2 Blocks connections via usb...
Last edited by kwall; 07-12-2009 at 08:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwall For This Useful Post:
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM #57
Here is what I did for anyone who still is having issues
1. download veency from cydia to ur iphone, download real VNC viewer (its free) and itunnel 2.7, make sure u download itunes 8.2 and thats it.
2. Install everything! OK now open C drive on ur pc go to my computer, program files go to iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7 BETA folder and click on itunnel folder, now keep this window up because you are going to replace iTunesMobileDevice.dll with the new one itunes has. Now in the itunnel folder i told you to leave open first rename iTunesMobileDevice.dll to iTunesMobileDevice.dll_original.
3 now go to mycomputer, program files, common files, apple, mobile device support, bin, and copy iTunesMobileDevice.dll from bin folder to the itunnel folder I told you to keep open and that is it!!! Now you just allowed itunnel to open usb connection.
4. now go to start and run, type (without quotes) "cmd" and a black screen will open. type "cd c" hit enter, then "cd program files" hit enter, "cd iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7 BETA" hit enter, "cd itunnel" hit enter, NOW ENTER "itunnel.exe 5900 5900" hit enter.... OK now you will notice nothing else happened the indicator is just flashing all the way to the left. PERFECT you just activated itunnel. KEEP THIS BLACK WINDOW OPEN UNTIL YOU DONE USING VNC.
5. Now open up real Vnc A small box pops up enter 127.0.0.1 click connect and you should notice the black box writes status of the connection and the beautiful victorious accept permission apppears on your iPhone asking you to grant access. Of course hit accept (why wouldnt you lol) and the iphone box should pop up on your PC screen with full functions to control your iPhone with USB!!! I hope this helps anyone!!!
Last edited by Tilo; 07-13-2009 at 05:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tilo For This Useful Post:
07-13-2009, 07:00 PM #58
07-13-2009, 08:33 PM #59
What theme is that? very nice.
07-29-2009, 09:52 PM #60
for those who are curious on how to connect/track their iphone no matter where it is or who stole it over 3G network... here is one of the forums/utube videos that show the updated commands and status...
[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=8041054#post8041054]Control your iPhone from ANYWHERE it goes - Mac Forums[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxBr5ARrjA]YouTube - Control/Track your Lost or Stolen iPhone free ssh/Veency over 3G[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sBInVH6ND0&feature=related]YouTube - Track/Control Your iPhone Update Veency Anywhere free[/ame]
I still need help creating an app/startup script so as to always allow remote access without manually running the command from mobileterminal... this is a reverse tunnel command that logs out and remains in background, needs to only run once on each internet source (IP)