+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Veency - VNC - SERVER - for iPhone/iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by alaiwy You are the MAN zurie! This worked for me. I'm excited! you can also make a Text File in the same directory as iTunnel.exe name the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alaiwy View Post
    You are the MAN zurie! This worked for me. I'm excited!
    you can also make a Text File in the same directory as iTunnel.exe

name the text file whateveryouwant.cmd

inside the ***.cmd file (your new text file) just paste this:

iTunnel.exe 5900 5900

and now you don't have to open a prompt or anything, you can just double click the .cmd file and it will launch iTunnel. then just VNC in.

also:

if you run TightVNC, you can save your connection as a .vnc file and drop it in the same directory that you run iTunnel.exe from - and you can refrence that in the .cmd as well

so your cmd could be like this:

start iphone.vnc
    iTunnel.exe 5900 5900
    Last edited by zurie; 10-22-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, I just made a batch file to do it. Thanks for your help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default auto connect???
    Quote Originally Posted by AKay724 View Post
    how do you set it to autoaccept a connection
    Yeah can someone help me... how can you get it to auto connect cos it says that you 'never have to touch your iphone again' but i have to get up and click accept everytime on the iphone when i want to connect ?????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Its just a VNC server. Its always slow since it continually updates the entire screen. The remote desktop protocol is great and faster but tough to get working on a unix based system.

It is a cool program tho if you are working on your computer and want access to your phone. I love it at work because I can text all day through my computer and not have to pick up my phone.
    Damn straight! that and iRealSMS and its a Dream!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default USB VNC Howto...
    It is possible to do this without using Wireless, although more complicated. If you are familiar with SOCKS, this is easy and straight forward. A brief summary is below...

1. Install UltraVNC
    2. Install iTunnel.zip (search for it, and extract)
    3. Install Bitvise Tunnelier, or similar app (i use portable apps version, for ease of configuration)
    4. Launch iTunnel.cmd from step 2
    5. Launch Bitvise Tunnelier
    6. Configure your profile (google for assistance)
    7. In C2S, add 127.0.0.1:5900 Listen Int:Port and 127.0.0.1:5900 Destination Host:Port and save profile
    8. Launch Bitvise Tunnelier (don't close #4)
    9. Open UltraVNC, and use 127.0.0.1 as the VNC Server, with Auto in Quick Options.
    10. On iPhone, you will have to accept the connection, then you are on!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha, this is the coolest app ever!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i must admit this is awesome

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i type in iTunnel.exe 5900 5900
    It lods for a few seconds then says bind error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there a version of this that works on Vista?

Thanks

i get the same bind error but when i get it to run with the port and not that error vnc tells me that the connection was reset by peer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default using veency with reverse connections through SSH
    so lets say your iphone is stolen or ur buddy has it in another country... or you just dont have wifi or a device to veency your iPhone... THIS IS HOW YOU CAN DO IT FROM ANYWHERE TO ANYWHERE WITHOUT WIFI OR ANYTHING!!! JUST USING 3G!!!

use a reverse tunnel from the mobileterminal.app iphone and give command

ssh root@remotecomputerIP -R 1201:localhost:5900

This will send your 5900 veency port to the remote computer on 127.0.0.1:1201

your welcome for solving your problem

Green Apple
    Thanks

Veency is now officially working on the 3GS after Saurik's mobilesubstrate update. Enjoy!!!!

EDIT: @michaelwithe21, you are in fact correct. I was just fooling around with it now, before I saw your post and found that doing anything besides viewing the homescreen for a few seconds crashes your iphone into safe mode. I assumed it worked after seeing my iphone screen on my PC, but it is still not functioning correctly by any means.
    Last edited by truncj; 07-08-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

unfortunately it still has issues with the lock up when anything is clicked on... but let me know if I am incorrect...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truncj View Post
    Veency is now officially working on the 3GS after Saurik's mobilesubstrate update. Enjoy!!!!

EDIT: @michaelwithe21, you are in fact correct. I was just fooling around with it now, before I saw your post and found that doing anything besides viewing the homescreen for a few seconds crashes your iphone into safe mode. I assumed it worked after seeing my iphone screen on my PC, but it is still not functioning correctly by any means.
    I am having the same issue...on a 2G 3.0 OS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zurie View Post
    I couldn't wait any longer for someone to figure out the solution to VNC into my iphone through iphone TUNNEL suite 2.7 - so I went ahead and figured it out myself!

now - I can TUNNEL via USB from my PC to my iphone, and connect to VNC using 127.0.0.1:5900 and my iphone pops up on my screen (with no wifi!!!)

how??

simple... navigate to iTunnel.exe (located in

C:Program FilesiPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7 BETAiTunnel

or whereever your PC stores iTunnel.exe

open a CMD prmt there and run iTUNNEL.exe like this

iTunnel.exe 5900 5900

thats it....

now launch your VNC client on your PC and make sure your phone is connected via USB, and type in 127.0.0.1:5900 and viola! your iphone screen shows up on your PC over USB not over wifi!!! and its MUCH faster! enjoy!!!
    Sound good but just one question how do I open iTunnel in cmd prompt, I go to the directory but cant find how to do the cmd prompt, I know I can do it in start run but I figure this is a different way to do it.. Can anyone please help me,I have been trying to get my phone on my PC through USB for a long time now and finally I got Veency upgrade to work for 3.0 now I just need to get it going... I dont understan the cmd part. please help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo View Post
    Sound good but just one question how do I open iTunnel in cmd prompt, I go to the directory but cant find how to do the cmd prompt, I know I can do it in start run but I figure this is a different way to do it.. Can anyone please help me,I have been trying to get my phone on my PC through USB for a long time now and finally I got Veency upgrade to work for 3.0 now I just need to get it going... I dont understan the cmd part. please help!

Its simple really

1. Goto start -> run -> type in cmd
    2. Good old fashion command prompt will open
    3. For this example throw itunnel.exe on your desktop
    4. Type in command prompt without quotes
    "cd Desktop"
    5. Type in again no quotes
    "iTunnel.exe 5900 5900"
    6. Leave CMD open and enjoy.

~K

*EDIT* FORGET IT iTunes 8.2 Blocks connections via usb...
    Last edited by kwall; 07-12-2009 at 08:29 PM.
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kwall For This Useful Post:

Tilo (07-13-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    Its simple really

1. Goto start -> run -> type in cmd
    2. Good old fashion command prompt will open
    3. For this example throw itunnel.exe on your desktop
    4. Type in command prompt without quotes
    "cd Desktop"
    5. Type in again no quotes
    "iTunnel.exe 5900 5900"
    6. Leave CMD open and enjoy.

~K

*EDIT* FORGET IT iTunes 8.2 Blocks connections via usb...
    Hey bro thanks!! i was able to do it and it allowed me to continue on and thanks to that I was able to fully figured out how to finally get veency itunnel working to see my iPhone on the screen.

Here is what I did for anyone who still is having issues

1. download veency from cydia to ur iphone, download real VNC viewer (its free) and itunnel 2.7, make sure u download itunes 8.2 and thats it.

2. Install everything! OK now open C drive on ur pc go to my computer, program files go to iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7 BETA folder and click on itunnel folder, now keep this window up because you are going to replace iTunesMobileDevice.dll with the new one itunes has. Now in the itunnel folder i told you to leave open first rename iTunesMobileDevice.dll to iTunesMobileDevice.dll_original.

3 now go to mycomputer, program files, common files, apple, mobile device support, bin, and copy iTunesMobileDevice.dll from bin folder to the itunnel folder I told you to keep open and that is it!!! Now you just allowed itunnel to open usb connection.

4. now go to start and run, type (without quotes) "cmd" and a black screen will open. type "cd c" hit enter, then "cd program files" hit enter, "cd iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7 BETA" hit enter, "cd itunnel" hit enter, NOW ENTER "itunnel.exe 5900 5900" hit enter.... OK now you will notice nothing else happened the indicator is just flashing all the way to the left. PERFECT you just activated itunnel. KEEP THIS BLACK WINDOW OPEN UNTIL YOU DONE USING VNC.

5. Now open up real Vnc A small box pops up enter 127.0.0.1 click connect and you should notice the black box writes status of the connection and the beautiful victorious accept permission apppears on your iPhone asking you to grant access. Of course hit accept (why wouldnt you lol) and the iphone box should pop up on your PC screen with full functions to control your iPhone with USB!!! I hope this helps anyone!!!

TILO
    Last edited by Tilo; 07-13-2009 at 05:14 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tilo For This Useful Post:

kwall (07-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo View Post
    Hey bro thanks!! i was able to do it and it allowed me to continue on and thanks to that I was able to fully figured out how to finally get veency itunnel working to see my iPhone on the screen.

Here is what I did for anyone who still is having issues

1. download veency from cydia to ur iphone, download real VNC viewer (its free) and itunnel 2.7, make sure u download itunes 8.2 and thats it.

2. Install everything! OK now open C drive on ur pc go to my computer, program files go to iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7 BETA folder and click on itunnel folder, now keep this window up because you are going to replace iTunesMobileDevice.dll with the new one itunes has. Now in the itunnel folder i told you to leave open first rename iTunesMobileDevice.dll to iTunesMobileDevice.dll_original.

3 now go to mycomputer, program files, common files, apple, mobile device support, bin, and copy iTunesMobileDevice.dll from bin folder to the itunnel folder I told you to keep open and that is it!!! Now you just allowed itunnel to open usb connection.

4. now go to start and run, type (without quotes) "cmd" and a black screen will open. type "cd c:" hit enter, then "cd program files" hit enter, "cd iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7 BETA" hit enter, "cd itunnel" hit enter, NOW ENTER "itunnel.exe 5900 5900" hit enter.... OK now you will notice nothing else happened the indicator is just flashing all the way to the left. PERFECT you just activated itunnel. KEEP THIS BLACK WINDOW OPEN UNTIL YOU DONE USING VNC.

5. Now open up real Vnc A small box pops up enter 127.0.0.1 click connect and you should notice the black box writes status of the connection and the beautiful victorious accept permission apppears on your iPhone asking you to grant access. Of course hit accept (why wouldnt you lol) and the iphone box should pop up on your PC screen with full functions to control your iPhone with USB!!! I hope this helps anyone!!!

TILO
    haha i had a old itunnel i gotta try this new one
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Selder,

What theme is that? very nice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

for those who are curious on how to connect/track their iphone no matter where it is or who stole it over 3G network... here is one of the forums/utube videos that show the updated commands and status...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post4787221

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=8041054#post8041054]Control your iPhone from ANYWHERE it goes - Mac Forums[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxBr5ARrjA]YouTube - Control/Track your Lost or Stolen iPhone free ssh/Veency over 3G[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sBInVH6ND0&feature=related]YouTube - Track/Control Your iPhone Update Veency Anywhere free[/ame]

I still need help creating an app/startup script so as to always allow remote access without manually running the command from mobileterminal... this is a reverse tunnel command that logs out and remains in background, needs to only run once on each internet source (IP)